Malifaux ModelTracker

Mako

• 1 month later...

How did that one sneak by for so long! Has no-one put the dual faction models in ten thunders? Seems the formula I used won't shortcut and search the other columns in the lists like the original one did...

I've fixed that, and put an updated lists file in the first post, as well as updating the data in the two main files. Usual trick to update: unhide the lists window, select all of the cells in the updated list, paste them into the lists window in the modeltracker, re-hide the lists, and you're done.

Heh, its a simple one to solve. and it drives me mad to have mistakes lol.

If you right click on the list of worksheets (summary, guild and so on) there should be an option of 'unhide'. That will show you a list of the hidden sheets, and select Lists from it. Right click on lists when you're done to hide it. There's some more detailed instructions in the update file. The key bit is to copy the cells across, not to replace the sheet. For some reason excel hates that and breaks the links even if it's the same name!

Thanks very much for doing this Mako. I think we spoke about it on a couple of episodes ago but I've only just around to plugging in my models.

2010ss in total with the most in Arcanists (395), then Outcasts (376), Guild (345), Ressers (332), Neverborn (322) and 10T (240).

I have a problem...

• 2 weeks later...

So, if you put 0 as the number of models, it throws an error. :-) Honestly, that could be under works as intended. :-) I put a few placeholders in until I get the models. At least, that was my intention.

I'm another one that would like to see dual-faction have something done for it. I am really more concerned with the % per model, % of models and % of stones.

Maybe, you put the 10T models in under their faction and they come up "gray" or something in the 10T section? I am more concerned with the % part. :-) But, that is for a later release. It works GREAT as is, as a model tracker. Thank you VERY much.

The errors won't actually affect the numbers, they're more an aid to tell you when you've got different numbers in the progress section to the total.

Dual faction is... tricky, to get them to auto show in both factions involves a lot of messing and probably some databasing. Not something I'm going to be able to change easily. And I'm not sure how I'd set it up, some people will want them in 10T, some in other factions, and that could make setting up the percentages really complicated.

If I do get round to a really big overhaul, I have things I'd like to add. A proper system for generating faction pools (including all cross faction stuff available), for one. Possibly a buying wishlist system too, if adding placeholders is common. But things like this involve a lot of effort on my end to make it all work (and to think out a good way to allow the dual faction stuff to count in one faction but appear in the other), so it's not something that will come any time soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think the list is perfectly useful as is. I don't really see a need to add a 'want to buy' table for it. You can just add the respective model at a 0 amount in your list with a notification to the side.

Thanks for the awesome work! :3

And no thanks for imposing guilt trips on 'too many unfinished models'. D: <3

Alright, I'm apparently an idiot (no surprise when it comes to Excel). I have no idea how to use this spreadsheet. I see 2 tabs, one on how to update, the other just a list of models. What and where do I have to do/enter things to get it to spit out a nice little listing of what models I have in what state? Basically can someone provide a walk-through for those of us who are "impaired" with Excel?

You appear to have downloaded the update file, the one you actually want is either the modeltracker 97-03 or 2010 file, depending on which version of Excel you have. The update is a just a new set of data for people that already have the tracker, it doesn't have the actual list and graph bits.

Have a look at which version of excel you have, and pick the version in that first post that matches it. The files named 'modeltracker' are the whole thing, with the data included already.

A little correction: Metal Gamin, Rail Golem and Willie shouldn't be listed in the TT section, as they are not Dual Faction, just Arcanists (blue stripe in book 4).

Mei can carry them, and Fire Gamins, in a TT crew due to her ability.

Apart from that, great work! :)

You appear to have downloaded the update file, the one you actually want is either the modeltracker 97-03 or 2010 file, depending on which version of Excel you have. The update is a just a new set of data for people that already have the tracker, it doesn't have the actual list and graph bits.

Have a look at which version of excel you have, and pick the version in that first post that matches it. The files named 'modeltracker' are the whole thing, with the data included already.

And that solves everything! Thanks, looking forward to seeing how badly behind I am on my painting and assembling. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Just for info, once v2.0 comes out I'll replace this with a new version that has all the new costs and models and factions etc. I'll try to make it easy to move things across from the old one to the new one as well.

Just for info, once v2.0 comes out I'll replace this with a new version that has all the new costs and models and factions etc. I'll try to make it easy to move things across from the old one to the new one as well.

I was hoping this would happen but I didn't want to ask cause that's a lot to ask of someone already doing a freebie service for the rest of us. Very much appreciated sir!

• 5 weeks later...

I realise this will get lost in all the excitement over M2E today, but I have been messing with the modeltracker while I've had some downtime. So far it's mostly the same, a few tweaks to make it easier to put in huge collections, some refinements to the system (like getting rid of those blasted empty lines in the drop down lists), and other little things. Here's a preview:

modeltracker2summary_zpsa6b9bfbb.jpg

The bottom right now has a report, if you select the two cells you can copy and paste to get this:

Total: 78 models, 321 soulstones across 5 factions. 31% painted

and this:

"Guild: 13 models, 54 soulstones, 8 % painted.

Resurrectionists: 24 models, 77 soulstones, 71 % painted.

Arcanists: 23 models, 108 soulstones, 17 % painted.

Neverborn: 12 models, 53 soulstones, 8 % painted.

10 Thunders: 6 models, 29 soulstones, 17 % painted.

No Outcasts, Gremlins."

Still doing work on it, got other plans I'd like to try and implement if I can. Still not entirely sure what to do with dual faction, given how much more common and complex cross faction hiring is getting.

(Oh, and that's just my collection with the 1.5 points costs in it. I haven't got 2.0 lists sorted yet, obviously!)

Edited by Mako

Its simpler for minions, but more complex once you factor in upgrades and masters. Then it gets fairly eye watering, if I wanted to include all cross faction minions from upgrades to generate a faction pool list thing it would get... interesting.

I suspect it will probably end up with me just putting everything in it's parent faction to avoid me going nuts arranging the lists *grin*