Malifaux ModelTracker

Mako

But its a different model. I have 6 arachnids and 1 swarm. I have 7 models, not 9. Its a minor thing, but I also know Mako is a wee bit of a perfectionist, lol

Disagree. You have 9 models with 7 bases. :)

What really bugs me is that the Hoarcat Pride is listed as 1. *devil*

I was being lazy and didnt bother with the swarms as i I'll put in spider swarms (and the coryphee duet) for those that didn't magnetise when I net work on it. Not at laptop right now so can't do it immediately. I'll fix Lucius' cost too.

I went by bases (and the crew creator) so the spiders are singles as they play that way in game, but the hoarcats are by pride as that's how the crew creator puts them up. Never occurred to me that people wuld count them singly as they aren't a legal unit that way. Or do you mean one stone, instead of the five they should cost?

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

I haven't tried it on my pad, Numbers might cope but I can't be sure. The formatting may go to pieces and I don't know if the lookup would work the same. I'll have a go with it and if I can make it work I'll upload a pad version

No worries, I wasn't sure if you were meaning they were one stone and that would have annoyed me if I'd made that mistake! If they were 6 stones I could add them in as two stone models, lol. Shine was entirely right with my perfectionism heh.

Oh, and I just tried it on the pad. Sadly data validation doesn't work on Numbers on it, so the drop down menus get removed. Which means no pad version...

Disagree. You have 9 models with 7 bases. :)

What really bugs me is that the Hoarcat Pride is listed as 1. *devil*

Yeah, well the Gupps are 1, as well. [Freakin' expensive for a 3ss model that is included in the ss cost of a Spawn Mother, but not the $$ cost of her, especially when I need three more of the three models to have four Gupp ponds (or whatever plural word like Pride they should have).]

This is really nice! I'm having a problem fitting all my models in the space provided, however. So I made some adjustments, and changed some of the formulas around adding more space. It all was working well until I got to the front page and part of it was password protected. :(

Oh, they're just locked out to stop accidental deletes of parts that might rely on each other. The password is the sheet name without any capitals.

It was all designed so you can just add more lines in at the bottom of the blocks in the faction pages and all the formulae will still work, which should prevent people running out of room. In theory you shouldn't need to alter any of the formulae to get everything in there, just have to insert new rows.

I thought I'd added that into the notes in the file, I'll have to write that in if I didn't!

That is bizarre. I was pretty sure inserting lines would work ok in it on every version, but sometimes things just don't work for some random hidden reason! The rest of it should work ok though with luck, so you should still be able to delete the old lists page and add in the new one when I repair or update it.

Glad you got it working for you!

Ok, good news and bad news folks. I've modified the lookup system on the faction pages so that in future, any list updates can just be pasted into the lists page.

This does mean anyone with the old files kind of needs to use the new ones. I have checked though, you can select each coloured block in the faction pages (including the drop down lists) and copy them into the new version so you don't have to totally redo your collection. Just make sure you extend the new sections far enough to cope with it (I've extended the standard size to 31 models but I don't doubt some of you have more than that...) before you copy in!

That means you don't have to worry about updating the model list as this has the most recent version as of today, so the whole thing should be a copy and paste exercise that I'm hoping won't annoy people too much. I did want to avoid it, but the improved version will mean that come gencon (or if there's more mistakes) its a case of unhide lists, copy in new data, hide lists rather than a huge mess about and replacing the faction pages...

The new files are linked in the first post. They also have a tweaked title so you can see what version and what list date you're using, so you know you have the most recent one.

Hmmm... on the first three faction tabs I just get one option in the dropdown. Neverborn, Outcast and Ten Thunders tabs all work fine, but the drop downs in the Guild, Resser, and Archanist tabs just have AZguild, AZressurectionist, and AZarchanist respectively.

This is on bother versions you have posted.

Hmm, so it does. Why did it not do that earlier when I was testing it? I know what the issue is, I'll fix that now and reupload the files.

This is turning into a bit of a mare! But I guess it has to happen when you start something like this, you poor unfortunates are my version of beta testing!

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

And we're fixed. Tiny error but it did make a bit of a mess...

Making my adage of "Procrastination pays off" ring true. I likely won't get a chance to play with it until at least Sunday night. Maybe all the bugs will be out of it by then. And maybe this will get you onto Wyrd's radar, in a good way.

I'll have to pay special attention to the instructions, as, with some factions, I can just say, "I'm only missing these models."

Maybe all the bugs will be out of it by then.

You never know, they might have caught them all by then! Course, some of them were caused by me deciding to improve the setup the day after I finished it the first time. I think it's pretty stable now though.

It's quite good fun getting noticed by the guys at Wyrd. Also mildly unsettling at times to know they're watching me *grin*

If I make it to GenCon I'll have to actually say hi!

Alt sculpts are just in with their normal sculpts, it's only the GenCon specials I split off.

For aColette I'll figure something out. Probably make the cost lower so 3 adds up to 2 stones But for now people can just put one in there and two in the normal Colette column if they're bothered by it until, I can put up a new list page (which will now fit into the file without anyone having to redo their collections thanks to the change to v1.1)

It's these kind of little things that I have to get people to find, so I'm pleased they're getting found early on (not pleased I didn't think of them though! Lol)

Spreadsheets are always difficult to get perfect. This one is pretty solid, though. So, everyone should be thanking Mako for his crunching.

Who knows... maybe version x.y will please everyone. While I'd like a tracker that lets me know what stage I have each of the variant models in, Mako hit this one over the fence in this early version.

One thing I am going to be working around is the dual-faction stuff. I like that each of the factions totals completely. The dual-faction aspect can double up some points in the grand total... but I don't care about that, anyway. I like knowing how many points I can pool in any one game.

Again, thanks Mako.

EDIT: The Toronto crew should seriously consider advanced planning to actually make it to GenCon this year. This year could also be pretty epic with the Canon Campaign for those of us who got into the Kickstarter.

Edited by xKoBiEx

Interesting, I never expected anyone to put dual faction stuff in both, I just included them like that so ten thunders players could have their crews mostly in there! It's designed to show you how much you have and how much you've painted, rather than serve as a faction pool list. Mainly because the cross faction hiring rules got ridiculous to include so I don't have any of them, which hampers it in that aspect.

Variant models, like alts or the three different death marshal sculpts etc, will probably not be appearing any time soon. it makes the drop list really unwieldy and generates a massive long spreadsheet that doesn't tell you what model types you have as clearly (to my eyes anyway).

I'll keep fiddling with it now and then, and linking up new list pages when mistakes appear (like colettes avatar), but for the foreseeable future its going to stay quite similar.

Good to see people are liking it, for all its little teething issues though.

I hope my post didn't seem like criticism of omissions because it definitely wasn't. Your spreadsheet is pretty solid as a hobby tracker. I'm just using it for the utility of a pool since I am interested in playing 10T but also taking their covert sides, as well.

Hey folks, I'm guessing people aren't finding any more problems with the sheet, so I've altered AColette's value to set 3 models at 2 stones. If you want to update a v1.1 file with the adjusted list, pick up the update file and follow the instructions in it. You can just paste the data into 1.1, 1.0 you can't sadly. But all the files are now the latest versions.