SC's new Malifaux painting thread (post-switch to white)

SpiralngCadavr

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was working on an Indy conversion for McCabe also a while back, but then he was the first plastic model that I managed to lose some major parts for.  First I lost the bolo tie for the dismounted McCabe, then during a move I managed to misplace both of his heads.

Your conversion is more extensive than the one I was planning.  I just wanted to bring in the Fedora mostly, since I wanted it to still look like McCabe, but dressed more like Indy.

Yours came out excellent.  Very well done.  I managed to get hold of a spare plastic McCabe, so I can go back to finishing up my version now.  Looking at yours really makes me want to finish mine up!

• Like 1

I found a good set of alternate metal heads with a close approximation hat a while back.  It would probably work as-is, but worst case would make for a good base to add a bit of greenstuff on.  I would rather augment or convert a part than sculpt a whole new one if I can.

At the time I was torn on whether to cut the hat off of the head and put it on McCabe or replace the whole head.  I was debating about whether I wanted a full Indy, like you did, or McCabe dressed more like Indy.  In the end I decided that I wanted the mini to still be McCabe, but dressed more like Indy.  Then I lost some of the parts - so the whole thing was shelved.  But now I have the parts again, and the new McCabe artwork in the most recent book has him dressed up like Indy but still keeping his own look - so I think I am going to go for that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SpiralngCadavr said:

Yeah, I'm happy with how the coat came out, but, if I did it again, I think I'd do what you're talking about and go with a way simpler version, it wasn't really worth the effort of that much detail...

It looks fantastic though!

For me, I just love the fiction from Malifaux so much that I don't want characters to not be who they are in the background.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Great to see so many of the old models getting new skins. Funny how I can look at Perdita and think "Yes, that's a definite improvement" when my thoughts on seeing the previous version were something like "This is unbelievable!".

Nice job on the Kirin. Bit different from your usual style and very well executed. I love the texturing on the rider's top and all the feathers/scales.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 7/11/2016 at 9:30 AM, SpiralngCadavr said:

And the classic opposition, with Lady Justice (and a few usual notes😞

justice.jpg

scales%2Bof%2Bjustice.jpg

judge.jpg

(The Death marshals are just the set I use with Tara, above...)

Inspiring work! I'm myself planning a new project. I'm going to do a Nurse Heartsbane with a little bit of spare guitar cord on her base, with the cord supposed to be a sparking cable, which will provide the entirety of the lighting on the model. Very spooky themed, but not entirely sure on how to go about the project. Any ideas?