Yan Lo order

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got theirs in Oz yet? I ordered this as a joint Xmas and birthday present, when it missed Xmas I thought fair enough but we're now a week from my birthday and I can't handle just getting socks again...

Not that I've seen... I was talking about it with Rathnard yesterday over Twitter and we've came to the conclusion that Lucas has gone off treasure hunting and taken the order with him instead of coming directly here

Not that I've seen... I was talking about it with Rathnard yesterday over Twitter and we've came to the conclusion that Lucas has gone off treasure hunting and taken the order with him instead of coming directly here

Sad face - at this rate I'm going to have to make up a card for the Sock Monster....

At last, he arrives in Australia (well, my part of Australia - northern NSW/south QLD). I've already assembled the Ashigaru and Soul Porter.

Sadly, they are not perfect. The stat cards are, like with many already reported, misprinted. Chiaki is dual-faction and the Soul Porter costs 5 SS, while there is no card for Mr. Lo's chi paths. So hopefully Wyrd is doing something about that. EDIT: Probably should have read that thread about what they're doing before I posted this. Excellent!

I've also encountered a couple of minor miscasts on two of the Ashigaru. The bottom section of their armour appears to be actually in under the 'skirt' and connected to the legs - but they are not really a problem because I can just paint them so that they don't stand out. Anyone else get this?

Edited by Saracenar

At last, he arrives in Australia (well, my part of Australia - northern NSW/south QLD). I've already assembled the Ashigaru and Soul Porter.

Sadly, they are not perfect. The stat cards are, like with many already reported, misprinted. Chiaki is dual-faction and the Soul Porter costs 5 SS, while there is no card for Mr. Lo's chi paths. So hopefully Wyrd is doing something about that.

I've also encountered a couple of minor miscasts on two of the Ashigaru. The bottom section of their armour appears to be actually in under the 'skirt' and connected to the legs - but they are not really a problem because I can just paint them so that they don't stand out. Anyone else get this?

Wyrd did already state that they will be sending out correct stat cards to all who ordered the McCabe and Yan Lo boxes so we will get those.

Also I have seen some already on twitter so they are coming out.

There aren't really 'miscasts' with plastic injection - you all get the same thing, and I'm looking at some put together right now and don't have that.

What you can get is something where the chemical compound didn't set properly, or if there was WAAAAY too much release agent in the tooling then it could mess that up so that it gets a bit soft/gooey and comes with a bit of a gas/oil smell which we have found a few of and do replace.

There aren't really 'miscasts' with plastic injection - you all get the same thing, and I'm looking at some put together right now and don't have that.

What you can get is something where the chemical compound didn't set properly, or if there was WAAAAY too much release agent in the tooling then it could mess that up so that it gets a bit soft/gooey and comes with a bit of a gas/oil smell which we have found a few of and do replace.

Ah okay. Well, they don't really smell like anything in particular, but this is what I'm talking about:

SAM_0595_zps4a190b83.jpg

SAM_0596_zps31c4c228.jpg

Notice how, particularly with the first one, the section of armour has sunk back against the legs. I'm not really fussed about it, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Ah okay. Well, they don't really smell like anything in particular, but this is what I'm talking about:

Notice how, particularly with the first one, the section of armour has sunk back against the legs. I'm not really fussed about it, but I just thought I'd mention it.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to do that, as that's the way mine and every other picture I've seen are. It's broken lamella from the armor that have fallen and are trying to find a place to sit on a moving skeleton.

Mine got stuck at customs too but at least it finally showed up in germany.

@Darios

You can send a copy of the invoice (via email, incl. PÜB and lfd. Nr.) to the customs office and the german post will get it through customs for you.

Ironically thats what they should have done in the first place because wyrd attaches the invoice on the outside, lazy ass post dudes :/

For me it usually takes about a week until it gets delivered but saves me the two hour trip to the customs office and their not very work-friendly opening times.

My customs office is in Mainz, so your mileage may vary with different customs offices.

• 2 weeks later...