Lost Love 25SS Tournament in Essex, 17th Feb

Clousseau

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official booking hasn't started yet, but Clousseau said it should open any day now. The venue is huge, so there isn't a limit on players. So get as many from your club as you can. This looks like its going to be an epic day. Now if I can manage to clone myself to get there...

What's the policy with regard to Strategies for this tourney? Are they drawn as we go or set from the start? Will we know what they will be?

The Strategies will be known on the morning of the event when you get your info pack and score sheet.

As LupusFerreus has worked out, you'll be playing Supply Wagon, and its doubtful that I'll pick Reconoiter. All Strategies will be shared.

So we're not allowed to know the strategies before we select our crews? Hmm, just out of curiosity what's your reasoning for this?

The strategies won't be known before the day, but will aim to cover different types of play/crews. Your crew will be selected from your, admittedly limited, pool before each game. Aim of the event is not to disadvantage players with limited models.

This is the way I've selected strategies for all the Malifaux tournaments I've run, and the rules pack will list which Strategies I'll choose from (not all 13!). As I've said before, if elements of this particiular format don't work, I'll change things in the future.

The 30SS tournament in June is gonna be quite a different challenge...

Had a practice 25ss game last night and a question came up regarding Kirai's "Spirit Anchor." As the Seishin are not being summoned (they are placed) do they still need to be included in the summoning pool or would it be a case that only 1 could be on the board at a time UNLESS more were chosen as the crew's blister choice. This differs slightly to Nico's Mindless Zombies which he actually has to spend AP to summon.

Just so you know, the Kirai question isn't for me :)