UK Malifaux Masters 2012/13 - 12th/13th January 2012

Neverata

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Paul Campbell; DavidKerrSmith pointed me over to this thread.

Thanks for the invitation (though I cannot for the life of me imagine how I come to be eligible to compete as 'Malifaux Master') but I am sad to say that I won't be able to attend. The notice is too short and the distance (and hence travel cost) is too great this time. It's a shame as I would very much have liked to come and learn from / get hammered by some great players. I guess I'll just have to play lots of Malifaux over the next year and try to get an invite again.

Would it be possible for the next year's event to get the invitations out further ahead of time? It would allow those of us from Scotland a bit more time to organise a car or something similar.

Anyway, good luck to everyone taking part. I hope to read some detailed reports so I can vicariously enjoy the event.

Not that RHQ has messed up or anything....ahem....but I'm now having to wait for some peoples details to be put back on seeing as part of our top 16 has fallen off and lost in some dark hole....

Won't be at the computer I saved the Rankings to (why would I need to see it if the site was run well) from my initial invites until like...a day before the tournament so hoping to see what they can do for me

The good news is the rules pack is all done. Just waiting for Aidan to wake up which could be several hours....I've heard he can read, so will be giving it a look over. Maybe James if he can tear himself away from Tea ;)

Lists will need to be in on the 11th January. Giving you the extra time due to the late notice of the event and the fact that not everyone has confirmed yet. At this rate It'll be a top 12.....

Good job you can come as a pair! I don't think Justin will be attending as he enjoys his magic now. I'll be able to let Barney know on Friday of this week if a spot opens up!! Tell him to get his game face on ;)

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Anyone have details for Dai? Asked Dom but he was more useless than a chocolate teapot.

Your face looks challenging....

But yes. It's the masters after all

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Suggestion from RHQ:

it's something to do with registered profiles being auto

included and unregistered players dropping off. If you ask people to

register on the site that might help.

Andrew says he's looking into the rankings issue. If its not sorted in a week then it could end up being cancelled. I've asked for an urgent resolution so we don't end up suffering

Ha. No course you don't troll...

Well for a top 16 Craig I need 16 players. So I'd quite like to have 16 players for it.

Let's hope RHQ can give me the details I need to make sure the right people come. A lot of declines due to maelstroms' previous problems and the lack of notice you've all had and in fact I've had is just mounting into a massive headache

It could all come fine tomorrow if they email me

Cancelled for me means that I'll just pass everything I've done including prizes to Ben and ask he provide someone to run it. I'm paying out money of my own to attend and run, and it becomes pointless if it's not got the correct people attending it. You'll all still get the event regardless of how many people turn up

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Cant be calculated Craig as people like Joel have COMPLETELY fallen off, leaving no minuses to balance out the pluses. About 10-20 people have just fell off

Hoping Andrew resolves it quickly

I'll try access a cached copy. Unsure if I've even looked at rankings on this computer.

And as long as all the tournaments are there I could do it in my spare time tomorrow, as I don't need people, I just need the tournies, which I know are there for at least 3 years courtesy of old fantasy ones I have underneath my name.