• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

*plays Jeopardy theme music to give people that sense of urgency that time is running out*

Here we are,.. end of April. That means only 2 more months to go kids,.. 61 days and counting.

I hope your projects are coming along, and if not,.. you'd better get started SOON!!!

doesn't have to be wings,... they could fly by magic, if you can find a way to sculpt that,... or even by mechanical contraption,.. (ie; a gremlin that ride a bicycle with wings,.. flapping of wings powered by furious pedaling,...),.. I don't know,.. be creative!!!

And of course you're welcome to join!!!

sure,.. why not. I suppose having the skills to program a computer to render on a 3d printer is just another form of sculpting. Also this assumes that you have access to the 3d printer to render it into an actual mini.

Though, I suppose there could be a level of cheating involved here, with programs like make-human and whatever. If you were to use one, then you wouldn't be sculpting your own fig, but rather, adding bits onto a bit of work that someone else has done. That'd be a bit like attaching a home made weapon to a space marine and then calling it your own work. That would be cheating. However,.. if you can do the work yourself, from scratch,.. then I don't see why not.

But to be fair, I'll post this up for the others to read and comment on, and let the majority vote rule.

Ok cool. Getting a hold of a 3d printer that will print at a high enough resolution is going to be the hardest part.

i can deffinately sculpt from scratch though. This is my portfolio. http://www.polyhammer.com/#!game-art/c1t44 All of this was from scratch with no base mesh taken from anyone else. I Love Malifaux and was planning on creating fan art in 3d anyway :)

Edited by Spazmortis

• 3 weeks later...

Alrighty kids,.. the month of May has all but gone. Which means,...

JUST ONE MONTH LEFT!!!!

That's right,.. as of midnight, June 30th, it's all over. So if you haven't yet started, you might want to get going. So far, with the only posted entry, I seem to be winning, but I hope others may swoop in (even at the last minute) and take the win from me.

I look forward to the next few weeks worth of submissions. *grin*

Wow, crap hadn't read it through and through and didn't check the dates so thought it hadn't started yet, oh well. Guess I could make my upcoming bust a monster with wings instead of just an alien type of thing. A little borders to the imagination but won't mind anyways ;) Doesn't have to be painted to within the upcoming month right?

• 2 weeks later...