Adepticon 2013!

nilus

Registration starts tonight at 7 PM CST. Adepticon is the largest dedicated Miniature convention in the US. Last year over 1,500 gamers came together to play a variety of games. Close to 80 people participated in Malifaux events last year at the con which makes us the largest Malifaux event in North America.

http://cart.adepticon.org/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=9

Events are

3rd Annual Malifaux Cake Match - Come form up a team with two other people and play for the best prize of all....CAKE!

2nd Annual Malifaux Team Tournament - Using a set of rules developed by the Adepticon Malifaux TOs, each team of two players brings two 25 Stone crews who's masters are compatible per our matrix(which follows similarly to what Brawl combos are allowed). So its 4 players, 4 decks of cards, 4 stone caches, two teams.

The Adepticon Master of Malifaux - This is the competitive event. This is a 35 stone fixed faction tournament. Prizes will be award per a standard tournament and the top players will be offered the chance to play in Sundays Avatar of Adepticon single elimination event.

Avatar of Adepticon - an 8 person, single elimination hard core tournament

The Adepticon Malifaux Story Encounter tournament and Costume Party - If the UK can do a fancy dress party then why can't we :). We are combining it with our low key, Story Encounter tournament. Expect 3 fun rounds of Malifaux, costumes and other randomness(Trivia questions, strange contests, and other crazyness)

Malifaux by Gaslight Achievement League - All night, all weekend long we will be running an Achievement league. Any event or pickup games will count and we will have staff around all weekend to punch achievement cards when they things are earned.

Also we will be running demos for Wyrd games all weekend as well

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone has to challenge Weakland and Dixon, so I signed up (and will actually get up on time for) the Saturday Qualifier. Now to decide if I am bringing 10T or Neverborn.

Now someone needs to bug Mike (WRabbit) and Skill-less Brian to convince them to go to Adepticon and not get scared off.

Im in, representing the honour of UK Malifaux players!! :) Making the most of it I have signed up for everything but feel I may have Sunday free.

Everything? Are you throwing Conrad in you carry-on as your team tourney partner?

In other news, HOLY CRAP GUYS! 121 Malifaux Event tickets sold! Masters have only two spots left.

I'm confident that I will be able to find an American partner who will be able to teach me how to play Malifaux properly (or in my case at all)

I'm not so sure about that.... Dan will not be showing up so he cannot teach anyone how to play Zombicide or Malifaux....

*grin*

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

In other news, HOLY CRAP GUYS! 121 Malifaux Event tickets sold! Masters have only two spots left.

*grin* *grin*

Its a good thing we keep these as a number of seperate events, otherwise we might end up grabbing that title of largest Malifaux event. Stop counting all the tickets Nilus, just count the individual event tickets across the weekend!

*grin* *grin*

*grin* *grin*

Its a good thing we keep these as a number of seperate events, otherwise we might end up grabbing that title of largest Malifaux event. Stop counting all the tickets Nilus, just count the individual event tickets across the weekend!

*grin* *grin*

Once things slow down a bit I will bug Matt for the list of people who have signed up and get a unique number of players. Its over 31 for sure(because thats the number of masters ticket sold and I doubt people are buying two tickets for themselves).

Also when we do sell out there will be a waiting list put together as well as some evaluation of if we can expand the number of tickets. The major hold backs are space(which is up to the great people at Adepticon to figure out) and Terrain(which is up to the great volunteers that help every year). Space we may find but terrain is always tricky, I made a promise to my wife that I would not make any terrain for next year since she would like me to keep having 10 fingers.

I think we all want 64 people. I'm am chatting with the AdeptiCon bosses now about expanding. For those who might have missed getting a ticket, email them here and get put on the wait list.

http://cart.adepticon.org/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Also we are at 16 teams for the team tournament this year which is awesome!

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

I think we all want 64 people. I'm am chatting with the AdeptiCon bosses now about expanding. For those who might have missed getting a ticket, email them here and get put on the wait list.

http://cart.adepticon.org/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Also we are at 16 teams for the team tournament this year which is awesome!