Retro Fate Deck out of stock?

ttsgosadow

I have ordered the Retro Fate Deck some two months ago through Maelstrom Games. It has been listed as 'out of stock at supplyer' a week or so after I ordered it. It's still listed that way. Wondering if it's really out of stock at Wyrd.

Beginning to feel I can forget ever getting my Lady Justice box set, 1.5 rulebook and retro fate deck with the rumours Maelstrom Games has high depts and is about to roll over and die.

'Glad' to hear I am not the only one. Hope you will get a reply from MG, as I havn't got any on ~10 mails. Was too late for a PayPal refund, as that only works up to 45 days after the payment.

There's a thread on Dakka Dakka forums about Maelstrom taking the biscuit here. It's linked to page 19, that's up to where I have read the thread :)

Was afraid that might be so :(

Also heard some companies refuse to do business with Maelstrom Games anymore because of payment issues. Don't think Wyrd is on that list, though, as I did get other Malifaux stuff I ordered through Maelstrom.

Edited by ttsgosadow

Here is a very very long thread you can read about Maelstrom Games.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/464643.page

Essentially, they are out of business, filed for bankruptcy and have spun off their miniature line and some other stuff into other businesses and are in for a ton to their suppliers.

So no, you won't be getting anything Wyrd from Maelstrom Games.

They have hardly any malifaux left. Some odd avatars but thats about it.

I messaged them asking for a refund or store credit to spend on the remaining malifaux, but I doubt I'm going to get a reply, nor see my money again. Incredibly annoying. I hope the guys behind maelstrom aren't completely out on their arse though, they're generally alright and I've had mediocre-decent service from them in the past, so I'm a bit upset to see them going.

More money for the troll trader on ebay, or whatever LGS's I visit when I'm going tournamenting I suppose :P

Maelstrom won't be getting any more Malifaux from us as he's been cut off due to his massive debt, which has now been sold via a debt purchase company who will be pursuing the debt and legal action.

MG is running his final sales (several of them) and there is nothing much left. No further stock will be sent from us.

All fate Decks, Retro Decks, rulebooks etc are all in stock here and you'll find them at any other stockist in the UK who have ordered them in. Try Firestorm, Wargames Workshop, Waugh Games, Arcane, Wayland Games, Waylands Forge, Spirit Games, Total Wargamer, Worthy Wargaming, Titan Games or any of the dozens of others who have plenty of Malifaux on the shelves.

We have re-stocks coming in every other week and pretty much running straight out the door to all the stockists, so we're just ordering even more*grin**grin*

@ SMG: sadly noone seems to do the same you do for Germany... it is really a bit problematic to get the stuff here for local Shops...

As for MG: well i'll make sure my players will know this (cause some ordered there regularly) so noone gets ripped of!

As does half of the stores on the internet, and Wyrd's own webstore...lol.

Not to the UK they don't...

When I lived in England (up until earlier this year in fact) it was still tricky at times to find Wyrd stuff, as aside from maelstrom there wasn't a huge amount of information about other suppliers. I've learned some new names in this thread to check out when I'm back there, so although it's a shame maelstrom are going down (while desperately hiding all the silverware to avoid the creditors it seems) if I can get better service from a different UK store then it all works out nicely!

Not to the UK they don't...

When I lived in England (up until earlier this year in fact) it was still tricky at times to find Wyrd stuff, as aside from maelstrom there wasn't a huge amount of information about other suppliers. I've learned some new names in this thread to check out when I'm back there, so although it's a shame maelstrom are going down (while desperately hiding all the silverware to avoid the creditors it seems) if I can get better service from a different UK store then it all works out nicely!

Fair enough. I just always find plugs from companies on forums funny.