The Colour of Woe - A Malifaux Painting Competition

The Colour of Woe - A Malifaux Painting Competition

The Malifaux community here in Brisbane has been growing nicely over the past months so I thought it was time I ran a bit of a painting competition. Everyone's usually pretty good with getting paint on their crews but there's one thing that many players tend to neglect - Objective Markers!

Comp2Diamonds.jpg

So for this painting comp, I thought I'd offer some encouragement to get some more custom markers on the table. :D

AIM:

You've got until the 15th November (~5 weeks) to build and paint three "Destroy the Evidence" Markers for Malifaux, and then post your pics of them on the WargamerAU thread, here! If you already have three markers, you're free to ignore the building and painting part and enter what you've already got. ;) The only restriction is that they be on the standard 30mm bases. Beyond that, you can do whatever you want with them. They don't even need to be "Evidence" per se, so just go wild. :D

When:

Final judging will be by me, on the evening of the 16th November. As a general guide, I'll be judging first and foremost on creativity and execution, with painting skill being a secondary consideration. So you don't need to be some kind of painting prodigy to win this. ;)

Prize

The winner will get $5 off their next Malifaux purchase, while a randomly drawn entrant will win and a pack of the out-of-production Malifaux postcards, kindly supplied by Phoenix Forge Games. It's not a huge prize - this is mainly just an excuse to get people to paint up some handy objective markers!

Cost:

FREE!

What to do now?

Register your interest here and start plotting those objectives! And by all means, post your WiP pics too.