'The Gathering Storm' - Ten Thunders Blog

redbadger

While my gremlins will remain the focus in the near future I have picked up a number of ten thunders and archaist models, this blog will be used to document my progress with putting together a number of ten thunders crews.

I've started with the model which has caused a lot of discussion on these forums and on blogs the hungry hippo himself. I have very little experience with green stuff so the massive join down his body was a bit of a worry. After some trail and error I think i'm heading in the right direction, I wanted to also add some texture to the large flat areas of this model, in my head this model reminds me of a shark so i've tried to add a rough texture to the skin by stippling liquid greenstuff onto flat areas.

post-8794-13911925544147_thumb.jpg

post-8794-13911925543453_thumb.jpg

I do not want to start yet another thread so I though I would post this preview hear.

About a year ago I have a crazy idea to create a British empire counts as lucius crew with guild guard as red coats. I'm waiting for the Destopian Legions releases know to create this as I feel they will off a lot of suitable miniatures.

As a trial run I've started to put together a counts as freikorps crew making them as a small British expeditionary force made up for highland troops and engineers who in my story are the advanced force sent though a small breach.

This is going to be my freikorps strongarm, im currently waiting on some bits to make a large backpack steam generator.

post-8794-13911925639609_thumb.jpg

post-8794-13911925639165_thumb.jpg

post-8794-13911925640062_thumb.jpg

Edited by redbadger

Looking great! I really like the street bases and the one the archers on. Where did you get them from?

Also can't wait to see the finished freikorps crew

The bases are from secret weapon miniatures, after my gremlins I fancied an easier option for basing the 10 thunders

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=79_33

• 7 months later...