Hans with Misaki

djkickz

I know most people think Hans is weak compared to the other 16" snipers in the game but what do people think about using him with Misaki for his headshot trigger? pairing that up with decapitate could at worst really decimate your opponents hand.

Also he adds a little bit of shooty to a Misaki crew that's mostly melee.

I get the potential he would have. I have run guild 2 resources or die lists before. But I believe the 10T archer would be alot more consistent at actually hitting targets than hans would (1ap focus strike followed by 0 read wind or 1 ap normal and dmg 3-4-6 0 ).

I really believe if hans was base combat 6 and had the arcanist gunsmith ammo ability instead of the 10 ram zero he would actually see play in more than just a lol game.

yeah i was brainstorming how I would take down a really tough model like a rail golem or a the duet or snow storm and thought hans + misaki might be more effective than trying running at them with ototo or plunking them with archers.

So if I was going to use him it would probably be to replace my beat stick rather than any archers. And even then only if lots of points were locked up in a single hard to kill model.

Unless your terrain set up really favours his abilities, I think Hans is just too expensive for what he can actual achieve - counting as Ten Thunders to Misaki is nice, but he's going to be competing with her for Rams, so ultimately I don't think the combo will net much more discarding...

Edited by FearLord

Unless you're terrain set up really favours his abilities, I think Hans is just too expensive for what he can actual achieve - counting as Ten Thunders to Misaki is nice, but he's going to be competing with her for Rams, so ultimately I don't think the combo will net much more discarding...

Doesn't he just need a crow for headshot?

Doesn't he just need a crow for headshot?

Yeah, if you're using him purely for Headshot you don't need Rams. If you want him to be good for anything else (dealing proper damage, using his custom ammo, etc) he needs Rams, and good ones. Ones that Misaki will make much better use of.

Have they updated his suits? I just looked him up in my old book 1 and he has crows built in, and needs a Ram for both Triggers (Head Shot and Critical Strike) as well as needing a 7+ of Rams for his Custom Ammunition Spell...

If they've changed him to have the ram built in, and need the crow for Headshot, that's a little better, but he still isn't stellar for the soul stones...

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

On the other hand, it may be worth testing him out some with Torakage to swap him into position for shots - his biggest weakness for me is a lack of mobility and that could solve it for him... He's still a bit card intensive to make him worth right, but if you're after the head shot, you don't really need the custom ammunition, so if they have changed him, I might consider trying him out as there isn't a massive need for crows amongst her core models really...

Okay, he's not quite as terrible as I first thought then... In that case I can see some situational use for him with Misaki - Torakage (who have arachnid) use Mistaken identity to position him some where useful, and he makes use of any high crows to put pressure on your opponent, or waits for an opportunity to use it to kill expensive models...

Still not for every game, and dependent on some decent terrain and probably wants max Torakage for both swaps and smoke bombs...

Okay, he's not quite as terrible as I first thought then... In that case I can see some situational use for him with Misaki - Torakage (who have arachnid) use Mistaken identity to position him some where useful, and he makes use of any high crows to put pressure on your opponent, or waits for an opportunity to use it to kill expensive models...

Still not for every game, and dependent on some decent terrain and probably wants max Torakage for both swaps and smoke bombs...

Another issue that is mostly forgotten with Hans, is the fact that he can't move and shoot effectively and he only has 6 wounds.

That's the point though - you position him with the Torakage so he doesn't have to move and use terrain or smoke bombs to keep him safe... Cb 5 isn't great, but can be mitigated by cheating with a high card - the principle problem with him is the no moving and firing thing in my opinion, and this is a way (an expensive way mind you!) of mitigating that...

You could potentially use him in a Mei Feng crew, to get the absolute most out of his ability to ignore obscuring auras - between Mei Feng, the Emberling and the Rail Golem all casting Vent Steam as necessary, he could be pretty easy to hide while still getting clear firing lanes to the enemy.

I realise that's outside the scope of this thread, just throwing it out there. :)

I thought about that when I was writing the above, but then he wouldn't count as Ten Thunders, and would have the same positioning issues he normally does (and would cost a whopping 9 soul stones)... I guess a brawl with Misaki and Mei Feng could get the most out of him, but individually, I think Torakage in a Misaki list offers him more overall...

I don't know how great this will turn out, but I'm picking up Hans because I like the model and plan on trying him out with Misaki. He definitely gets a lot of beneifts from the crew and I like the idea of him and some archers for a mostly ranged crew with some melee support.