"Steamfitter's League" @ Madness Games in Plano, Oct 3 - 24

Sarsemn

In the spirit of the Warmachine "Journeyman League", I will be running a Malifaux Steamfitter's League starting October 3rd at Madness Games and Comics in Plano, TX (Located at Parker and Custer, we'll be in the store's annex). The object is to introduce new players to the rules gradually while slowly growing their force.

Entry for the league will be free, and it will last for four weeks. Only games played on Wednesday nights at Madness will count towards the league. There will be no painting requirement, and no restrictions will be made with regards to who you can play other than no playing the same person twice in one night. You must declare one faction to be used for all four weeks of the league.

We will declare at the end of the league a first, second and third place winner, based on league points, with victory points as a tie breaker. The best fully painted crew to be used in an actual game will determine Best Painter. There will also be a Best Sportsman. Anyone who plays all four weeks of the league will receive a small participation prize.

One league point will be rewarded for playing a game, and another point for winning. The use of schemes in your games will be optional and must be consented to by both players. Use of schemes in a game will result in +1 league point.

The format for each week of the league will be as follows:

Week 1: Fresh Off the Train

20ss Scrap

Fixed Shared Strategy, to be announced that night

Standard deployment rules

Random Location (Outdoor Locations only)

No special terrain features/events

Week 2: Union Initiation

20ss Scrap

Fixed Shared Strategy, to be announced that night

Standard deployment rules

Random terrain features/events

Week 3: Rising Powers

25ss Scrap

Random Shared Strategy

Random deployment rules

Week 4: Masters of Malifaux

30ss Scrap

Random Shared Strategy

Random deployment rules

Schemes Mandatory

Players must agree to use schemes or not, and must agree on terrain rules before play begins, or it will be my call. Terrain Height will be based on the number of inches tall, rounded up. Linear obstacles approx 1" high and less than 1/2 inch" thick will be considered hard cover but will provide no impediment to movement, unless both players agree otherwise.

Use of models from Storm of Shadows will be permitted. Use of Avatars will not be permitted. Proxy models will be permitted if they pass my judgement and if your opponent agrees(this allowance is more for things like Mindless Zombies, Malifaux Rats, or other models summoned in large quantities, and the proxies must be reasonably close representations. Please do not abuse it or expect to proxy normally hired models you don't own. Check with me ahead of time if you have a question).

PM me or shoot me an email at sarsemn@gmail.com with your name and faction if you plan on entering, or if you have a question. This will be my first time running a league and I really hope it solidifies the nascent Malifaux community in North DFW. I will see you there!