"CAW CAW" cried the Carrion Effigy

Celedor

I adore this model, so regardless of his perceived value I'm happy to have added him to my collection. But I haven't seen much discussion surrounding him. Is this because the Grave Spirit is so good/preferable?

Is the Carrion Effigy considered a totem when I add him to my forces? (since I can't add a totem with his inclusion) Is there any significance to the Special Forces designation he's attributed?

I also picked up the Red Chapel Gang Box Set, The Hanged, and Grave Spirit. I feel like, depending on my matchups, his immunity removal debuff could be key. How do yo think he fits in with my current set up?

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to shed some light on this for a newb.

I love the Model.. The card, not so much? :)

He is a special force, so once you include him, no molly. And with no Molly, no extra totem since he now counts as your master's "slot".

I have never had his aura work for me as its range meant that it was hard to get it to the right place at the right time. But I hold out hope that I am just using him poorly for that so far.

The best he has ever done for me was actually with his ranged weapon where I hit a severe on a model that was grouped up and the blast was quite useful in helping take out a ton of wounds across several models.

I have tended to have him with Nicodem, so letting people eat corpses has not been something I have used much, but I wonder about getting him in with Seamus. My only real problem with that is that I just love having Molly with Seamus as often as I can...

As I said, I LOVE the model, so very much want him to work out better for me.

Edited by Gruesome

Love the models. He doesn't do a lot though, which is a little upsetting because I love the model and want to use it more. The times I've used it was when I felt like playing a fun game, or choosing army of the dead as a scheme, then plopping him in a corner and having him poop out a corpse every turn. If the opponent goes for him, he's Wk 5 with flight, and OBJ 1.

He's great for Reclaim Malifaux too :P

The Effigies often work better in Avatar crews, since not being totems they're not going to get sacrificed. I've had a bit of luck running one in my aSeamus crew. Another dirty trick I picked up from Sonia is to shoot your own people, cheat up/down to get the blast and hit everyone engaged with your model with the blast. You kill it? RAISE IT.