Upcoming Game

Da Git

Alrighty… First game with Misaki for me!! This is using the unfinished stat cards I made so some things might not be 100% but they’ll have to do till I get the book & models!!

Ten Thunders Vs Ressers

Strategy: Shared Escape & Survive

Deployment: Standard

Terrain: Quarantine Zone, Magic Nexus (3x3 marker cast & Rst flips of models completely within receive +).

Ten Thunders Crew

Misaki, 6 cache

Shang – 3

Ototo – 8

Yamaziko – 6

Toragake – 6

Archer – 6

Wastrel (Petrified Feather) – 4

Schemes: Breakthough, Kill protégé (Dead Rider)

Resser Crew

McMourning – 8 Cache

Grave Spirit – 1

Dead Rider – 10

Bete Noir – 9

3 Necropunks – 9

1 Canine remains

Schemes: Breakthough, Grudge (Torakage)

Tactics are: Big brawl in the middle, Use the Archer & Wastrel to shoot anything makes it past the main line, Wastrel goes for Breakthough with feather late game.

Game tomorrow, Thoughts??

So I had two scraps last night… contrasting with each other rather vividly…

The first was full of forgetfulness & errors… I deployed from left to right the archer on a raised platform on the flank, followed by the Wastrel, Toragake, Ototoin the centre then Yamaziko, Misaki & Shang on the right. Opposite them was McMourning, Grave Spirit, Dead Rider & Canine Remains in the centre, with the 3 Necropunks facing Misaki.

First turn the necro’s moved up as did my centre. Misaki went last & after 3 walks melee experted a Necro with Decapitate. She followed up with the next 2 on the next turn. It was then that we realised that if he had of discarded the cards I wouldn’t have killed the punks as they have Hard to Kill… He also finally remembered to bring out bete!

With such a strong centre, he taxied McM around to engage Misaki and after a big brawl ended up with all of McM’s side dead, highlight was the wastrel shooting into melee with Misaki, McM & Bete, killing Bete (who then failed One with the Night!!).

All in all, a very favourable win for Misaki’s first outing but soured by so many errors!

8 – 0 Misaki

Round 2 (same crews)

Same deployment from Misaki but a little more compressed. This time McM deployed the Necro’s on the other flank well away from Misaki!

Misaki’s side moved up staying as a group while McM was a lot more cautious, gaining his body counters & staying out of sight.

Turn 2 saw the Torakage dropped some smoke to prevent any Dead rider charges. However although it couldn’t see over the smoke it could over the barrier it was hiding behind & taxied him back to McM’s LoS. (rats, bad mistake on my part!!).

Misaki companions Shang & Yamaziko to engage the dead rider bringing it down to 2 wounds (dang Grave spirit!!) McM activates slings Torakage (for grudge) & then takes out Yamaziko with a dissection/scalpel strike trigger (ouch!). this also brings out Bete…

Who runs rampant slitting Ototo’s jugular & teaming up with the doctor to take out Misaki & Shang.

The Archer managed to shine at this point shooting both McM (who was town to 2 wds) & Bete (One with the Night) with a well placed focused trigger! Only to watch the Wastrel get eaten by Necropunks & re-release bete! I conceded as the Archer head for the hills!

Result 0 – 8 McMourning!

Thoughts…

Still very new to the crew & it showed! Really need to remember what each model can do. The cards also played a fairly big part in the games (an example being comparing the wastrel’s shot into combat game one then both the wastrel’s & the archers shots finding Misaki four(!) times in a row)

Misaki: Great stats but really needs those rams for decapitate (this is such a brutal trigger for her, use it! Also really needs the defensive bonus from “your mine” while in a brawl… I forgot it a few time & really would’ve helped. I need to use this action a lot better. This was the only (0) I used as I tried to stay out of LoS (preventing shadow, which could pull her too far out of position) to use diving charge & no one fled to need Save Face.

Shang: Not sure on this one yet… Rush of Magic was ok as I got to trim out a rubbish card each turn & whenever I re-flipped cards they were generally no better (or worse!), but I could see this as a game winner so will keep trying. Something I used game one was magical extension Misaki’s clear off spell to move my models out of combat so I could shoot them!

Ototo: shone game one doing hurt to the dead rider & McMourning, ignoring Hard to wound is great! Game 2 he missed Bete & then got flurried & jugular slit 

Yamaziko: good little support model for Misaki, I like her a lot for healing, supporting attacks, companion & un-recklessing! Will use again.

Torakage: Need more practice. Used switch a couple of times & smoke bombs were useful (just needed better placement!).

Archer: Expensive, but I found useful. I used Yajiri to make stuff slow or do lots of hurt. The focused shot is great!

2 Questions: Something from Malifool’s is that if you get the re-shoot trigger, it is still focused, is this right?

Can threading the needle be used to ignore a model engaged with the target?

Wastrel: I like this model. Great for 4ss & I think I will include them a fair bit. Brilliant shot in game one for Bete!

Other models I think would be good & would like to try are the clockwork traps & Oiran.

Something from Malifool’s is that if you get the re-shoot trigger, it is still focused, is this right?

I can't think why it would be, but I'll wait until my book actually comes to confirm or deny...

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Can threading the needle be used to ignore a model engaged with the target?

For line of sight, yes. For shooting into melee penalty, no.

Good games overall - can't wait to get some games in myself!

I'm fairly certain that decapitate ignores hard to kill - hard to kill only cares about wounds caused, decapitate just straight kills them dead.

That's what he was saying - if his opponent had discarded the cards they would have lived due to Hard to Kill - he didn't discard the cards, so they were killed by decapitate...

That's what he was saying - if his opponent had discarded the cards they would have lived due to Hard to Kill - he didn't discard the cards, so they were killed by decapitate...

What he said!! Sorry for the confusion. Also let me just say again, Decapitate is amazing. Save those Rams!

Something I found hard was the general squishiness of living models. Coming from McMourning & Kirai I found the minions quite soft. Any advice?

Game 2

Ten Thunders Vs Arcanists

Alrighty so after some ponderings I come into my second (kinda third, but I count the first games against McMourning as 1 practices match!)

35SS Scrap

Strategy: Shared Treasure Hunt

Deployment: Diagonal

Terrain: Mine, for fun we decided to make this an underground mine… so lots of passages and such. Random feature: Rockfalls

Ten Thunders Crew

Misaki, 8 Cache

Shang – 3

Ototo – 8

Yamaziko – 6

Toragake – 6

Wastrel (Strange Metal Blade, this was a tough choice… In the end I chose this for some extra oomph in CC & the possibility of paralyse or slow. Earth’s Elixir was also tempting to keep him alive until he makes his escape) – 4

2 Clockwork Traps – 4

Schemes: Holdout, Kill Protégé (Ama)

Plan: Set up traps to hinder his approach to the treasure. Use Wastrel to secret passage up to the marker while everything else sets up as a wall to provide backup to protect him and stop him getting through. At least in theory... those Night terrors might be hard to stop!

Arcanist Crew

Marcus – 8 Cache

Jackalope – 1

Kaeris – 8

Essence of Power – 2

1 Ama No Zako – 8

4 Night Terrors – 12

Schemes: Stake a claim, Bodyguard