The Toraswap

Iron Heel

Depending on the combat ability of Wastrels, I think they could be okay for Misaki at 4ss - I think they'll be good with Torakage as objective grabbers...

But yeah, there do seem to be lots of decent 6ss + models... On the other hand, Traps seem very very cool for 2ss, so perhaps they'll be where I bulk out my activations - drop one 6ss model for 3 Traps...

Actually, the Wastrels seem pretty decent in combat, especially for their cost. Both weapons are paired and through some of their abilities have REALLY nasty damage profiles. And with the Petrified Feather Castoff, one of them can teleport 18" once per game. Or just their usual 8" teleport for (1).

Ooooh, Wastrels with Torakage could be one of the best setups for objective grabbing in 10T. The Torakage could drop some smoke bombs so a Wastrel could use some secret passages, and then either a bury or a swap to move the Torakage up... Yeah, there could be a lot of utility there.

Yeah, I'm thinking it will be hard to resist that sort of combo ability for any strategy that involves objectives (which is most)...

Having seen more of the Wastrel's abilities now on the Guild forum, I'm thinking they will be a nice cheap minion to take for Misaki - they have some nifty tricks (that will combine well with Torakage tricks!) and don't hit too bad for 4ss... With the Strangemetal blade cast off they'll actually be pretty nasty fighters...

I worry Misaki is going to struggle a fair bit being out-activated - so you are going to need to bring a 10T bro to set up a companion chain unless you want whatever you swap in with the torokage to take a pounding.

You can also take a couple of Clockwork traps to up your activations as well

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Ooooh, Wastrels with Torakage could be one of the best setups for objective grabbing in 10T. The Torakage could drop some smoke bombs so a Wastrel could use some secret passages, and then either a bury or a swap to move the Torakage up... Yeah, there could be a lot of utility there.

I have some experience with this combination in a McCabe run 10T crew. Its rather nasty.

In fact Torakage moving McCabe is nasty as well.

Edited by nilus

Not identical, has a Rg: 12, needs to be targeted so you must be able to see the model your swapping with, and can only be used once per activation.

Any similarities to similarly named abilities in other books is entirely coincidental.

Edited by Ratty