Jacob Lynch and My Experiences So Far

E.T.A. Hoffman

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that, must have misunderstood the part in which HD sucks up Brilliance.

No worries I was trying to be vague, because of the whole "thou shall not list stats" rules. lol But that last little bit off sucking up Brilliance that HD does is the a Closing Phase action that either HD takes damage himself or gives a Wd to a model with Brilliance and heals a Wd to himself.

Might quickly throw my 2SS in here. I ran Mr Lynch (you can FEEL the tune from "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" when you say that) last night in our Slow Grow, 20SS game. I took the following against Ophelia:

- Jakob & Huggy

- Illuminated

- Beckoner

- Depleted

- 7SS

And got my ass handed to me. the game was Steal Relic for me, Line in the Sand for him (diagonal deployment). By turn 4 I was down to just Huggy & Jakob, but holy crap I was ready to lay down some righteous vengeance with the two of them when the store was called shut :P

Things I learnt:

- DEPLOYMENT IS KING. I know that, in the modern game, movement is everything, but Jakob, or rather his Brilliance synergy crew component, NEED to deploy smart or they're toast.

- Huggy will kill whatever he touches. This is not in question.

- Jakob needs to run shotgun with a Beckoner or Mr Graves, or he gets left out of the party. I felt too isolated in what I was doing, with my crew effectively broken into 3 pieces (Illuminated + Beckoner, Huggy + Depleted, Jakob).

- Black Jokers suck balls when you flip them during Jakob's card spell. Again, not in question. We treated this as an Ace/Eight (ie just discard); is this correct?

I've got another 2 games before next Thursday, and some painting tonight. Will let everyone know how I go :)

Cheers!

Borzag ("Your'e a mean one, Mr Lynch....")