Jacob Lynch and My Experiences So Far

E.T.A. Hoffman

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the rules are on Jakobs card - it is his ability, and whenever he plays the 1:masks it is a RJ - 14. Not that you can also get the HUngering darkness out with 7 wounds with two Kings - 6.5 rounds to 7.

Yeah, you can round up and get the 7 as you mention, I guess I was thinking for more of a 'hey all I have is the 1 mask and RJ', and I need him now! Thanks for the clarification!

The darkness has so many ways to heal though, it really would be wasted if you through to Kings or RJ's. Now, if that is all you got, then that's all you got. But, I'd rather have a 4 wound HD and just heal up.

Yeah true. I guess the only thing to note is that if one of your models dies (i.e. a depleated) and you wanted to bring him to the table, it may be difficult to find the heals. I need to re look at the hungering card to make sure I remember all his heals abilities.

So much fun though.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an awesome game yesterday with Mr. Lynch. The Darkness died towards then end of my turn. My opponent has few cards left in his hand. I run a depleted at him. He kills it. I drop the two Red Jokers to bring the Darkness back. Per the Huggies powers, models in 5" has to make moral duels. Well... it was in the middle of a pit of models...he was playing undead. I made four undead models run away! It'll probably never happen again, but it was awesome! Plus then huggy got a new turn.

Also tried out Jack Daw. In this crew he was very useful. With all the card tricks, he can be devastating if you get your opponent with no cards left!

Ok, just interested as to how people are playing Jakob himself? Everytime I see chat about him, I see people going on about his card discarding/drawing mechanics. The 2 times I've used him, however, I've sort of turned him into a combat master running around with his pistol out and squeeling/0 pushing out of the way when he's done!

In a recent Demo, I played Lynch as a Gunslinger (lol it wasn't as spectacular as I envisioned; but he didn't do that terrible either) But here's where I through my opponent; I didn't deploy HD at the start of the game. Then when Lynch was close enuff: up jumped the devil in melee range and chomp chomp chomp.

I wasn't too concerned about he HDs starting wounds since being HT3 he'd be a perfect target and DEAD asap anyway.

Honestly, his spell is too good not to use as often as you can. That being said, I have used him as a gunslinger and he's not bad. It does respectable damage, and thanks to Pip the Ace, you an get some solid kills with it. The trigger is just fun IMO. I wouldn't use it unless my opponent only had one card or two. Then use the gun, see what my options are and keep using it. You can figure that if a person has only one card in their hand it might be good :D. (RJ Good)

Remember its huggy that does the lifting. Together they make one awesome master.

Personaly u never use his trigger. First people like to hold the black joker when they can. Paralize is very worthwile the other 3 are just meh. One is crap the other 2 are slightly more damage and one takes 2 turns to do the 1 more than min damage. The risk reward is just not worth it unless you some how know what they are holding. I am not a massive fan of his card draw spell. There is nothing wrong with it just rather blast a model with his gun. Have not had a chance to play post hippo nurf tho so may end up changing my play style a lot.

Eh it was far more about killing him then giving him reactivate. Removing that makes it much harder to kill him preventing him from terror bombing late in the turn. I got a feeling people will eventualy find its better not to kill him and getting much less out of him as a result. He is very dificult for jacobs own crew to bring down.

I use roulette most of the time. I like gambling. And I guess it depends what you're up against.

Vs a Master. Go roulette. Paralyze is win.

Vs rail crew with Thomas and 2 Metal Gamin...paralyze and poison is awesome.

And I just don't get the love for the dead man's hand spell at all, you get 6 cards, your opponent, on average, gets 3 surges...