Ten Thunders Summery

Da Git

Woah! When did you order her? I'm still waiting on the Misaki box before my order can be sent out - the last thing I want is to have to wait for Yamaziko as well!

We ordered online during Gen-Con.

Now I just saw Nathan's post about the Misaki box. It could be that my friend forgot which one was delayed. I emailed him to verify.. I sure hope that it was the Misaki box only otherwise, I'll just receive the Asian Zen bases, Miss Terious and that's it.. as much as it would suck to wait for Misaki and Yamaziko, I'd rather have WYRD delay stuff to make it right.

Besides, Nathan said they'll drop in some goodies for the delayed Misaki... I wonder what it could be?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ordered online during Gen-Con.

Now I just saw Nathan's post about the Misaki box. It could be that my friend forgot which one was delayed. I emailed him to verify.. I sure hope that it was the Misaki box only otherwise, I'll just receive the Asian Zen bases, Miss Terious and that's it.. as much as it would suck to wait for Misaki and Yamaziko, I'd rather have WYRD delay stuff to make it right.

Besides, Nathan said they'll drop in some goodies for the delayed Misaki... I wonder what it could be?

I'm hoping Rail Golem, but I expect something far less exciting! ;-)

Apparently the goodies are the mini Malifaux tape measures.

Those were the goodies for delayed orders - orders delayed further by The Thunder box were promised something extra on top of this and Nathan has said the same today when talking about the further delay with the The Thunder box - I guess it could just be more tape measures, but at this point, since no one has been sent The Thunder box, we don't know what extras will be in those orders, although I'm not expecting too much... ;-)

Ok, update.

My friend called Wyrd and they said they emailed him because Yamaziko was back ordered and now they have her back in stock so they shipped it along with my Asian Zen Bases 30 mm/40 mm and my friend's book. It also seems like the order shipped included the Ten Thunders in the same shipment. However, what's glaringly missing is the Miss Terious mini since the order was definitely over $100. Maybe they didn't include it in the receipt but it was included in the shipping box?

anyway, I hope that the box included the Ten Thunders box, as much as I want to receive a Malifaux tape measure, I'd rather have Misaki in my hands (to paint) instead. Now if the goodie giveaway is a Rail Golem (heck, I'll take an extra Book 4), please take your time Wyrd.. LOL

Nathan said just a few hours ago that they do not have the Thunder box, so I doubt it is in with your order - I doubt they have changed the receipt to show that the Thunder box isn't in the order, because it will still be sent on afterwards.

I don't think they put Mis Terious on the receipts, she is just included in orders over $100...

Nathan said just a few hours ago that they do not have the Thunder box, so I doubt it is in with your order - I doubt they have changed the receipt to show that the Thunder box isn't in the order, because it will still be sent on afterwards.

I don't think they put Mis Terious on the receipts, she is just included in orders over $100...

bummer (@misaki box not included)... Well, I guess I'll have Yamaziko and Miss Terious to keep me busy then.. LOL

Just to fill in a few of the missing gaps on Misaki to tide us all over till she gets here:

Her Ca is 5.

She has Bullet proof 2

Her (0) that rallies friends is called 'Save Face'

Shang has Ca 4 masks

One of Ototo's triggers gives slow to the target on weak damage. If target already slow, they get negatives to flips. Called something like 'Stagger'... He has Hard to kill. 11 wounds so needs to get down to 5 for his half wounds ability to come into play... His ability to use his Cb 6 instead of his Wp 4 is a (0) action called 'Laugh off'.

Edited by FearLord

I agree - Torakage look like they are going to be a key minion for Ten Thunders - swapping places and throwing down smoke are both powerful abilities that I can already see myself building crews around... They seem very solid 6 ss minions, but I think deciding how many to run is going to be key, as there's lots of other great minions to choose from as well...

So after listening to the malifools podcast, I've added a fair bit to my version of the summery to the stage where I believe I almost have each models full card (still missing somethings though). Not too bad for living in a country where Malifaux barely exists (Tyrants bless the internet!!). Before I post too much more. I'd like some clarification on how far this can go in regards to copywrite & just general politeness to Wyrd.

I believe Wyrd is a fairly lenient company when it comes to posting rules, (this post proves that!). The evil empire of miniature games would have deleted this thread long ago & sent inquisitors hunting us down to burn for our crimes!

So I really don't want to tick them off too much!! I will deffinately be buying the Book & a fair bit of the range. but I can't speak for all.

Advice?

& Back on topic, Toragake are sick!! I also agree with Fearlord in that crew selection is going to be tricky with so many high cost models.

Ya know, Confrontation went all to heck but I did appreciate that they posted the cards for every model online. Saved a whole lot of confusion, especially after revisions. But Wyrd is certainly better than many companies.

Yes to crew selection difficulties. I'm still actually rather surprised at the box contents: anyone likely to run 3 Torakage in a skirmish?

My impression is that the general theme of high-point grunt models is an intended handicap for the 10t faction.

I think that Torakage will be key models for Misaki and other 10 Thunder crews that feature multiple Ten Thunder models, but they'll be less useful for masters that want plenty of their other factions models - Yan Lo for example could take any Ten Thunders models but if he sticks to stuff that's just Resser themed, he'll not have too many models that Torakage can unbury next to or swap with since all the Dual faction Ressers are Unique...

I can certainly see me splashing them with McCabe though - with both Wastrels and Traps counting, he should be able to create a nice hybrid list if you don't want to go too guardsmen heavy (you'd still have points for some cheap dogs though...) Mei Feng could have some decent synergy as well as she, Kang and Rail workers can all ignore obscuring clouds like smoke bombs thanks to their 'Shapes in the Steam' rule...

My impression is that the general theme of high-point grunt models is an intended handicap for the 10t faction.

For fluffly / in-faction lists maybe. But if you're running declared 10T, any master can utilize Wastrels and Traps.

Yan Lo for example could take any Ten Thunders models but if he sticks to stuff that's just Resser themed, he'll not have too many models that Torakage can unbury next to or swap with since all the Dual faction Ressers are Unique...

I don't understand this statement. Dual Faction still counts as 10T for unbury purposes...I don't get what 'Unique' has to do with it. If you mean the Rezzer stuff (continuing your example) that directly synergizes with Yan Lo but isn't Dual-Faction (Izamu, Chiaki, Ashigaru, PZs) then your statement makes more sense.

That's what I mean - with taking only book 4 Resser stuff, Yan Lo could only bring 4 Ten Thunder models (because they are all unique) and if you avoid the dual faction models in favour of the others, there would be even less actual 10 Thunders - of course it would be possible to build a Yan Lo crew with nothing but 10 Thunder models, but that isn't his only option...

I'm wondering how the faction as a whole will compete. I think individual masters seem to benefit from having models from the alternate faction available, with most of the 10T models being mostly master focused (like arcanists). Mei Feng seems to benefit heavily from something like Kaeris, and other masters have similar advantages. Does the mix of masters available compensate for the loss of flexibility within those crews, when considering the schemes?

I actually think it might, at least partly.

When you announce faction you get at least a vague idea of what your opponent is taking, even if you've never played them. Like there are some things that are just common among each faction, like resser corpse counter usage and guild being quite shooty. So you can plan to take those things into accord when deciding a list. Now some Masters/Henchmen do break from this mold a little bit, but none of them do it too extremely.

However if your oppnenet says "Ten Thunders", you have very very little to go off of, Yan Lo and Misaki have far less in common then Seamus and McMourning for instance. In addition being able to grab things that would normally be out of faction and blend them together(like a little bit of resser raising with heavy arcanist construct support) could also be a major benefit though perhaps less of one.

This is all just speculation of course.

I actually think it might, at least partly.

When you announce faction you get at least a vague idea of what your opponent is taking, even if you've never played them. Like there are some things that are just common among each faction, like resser corpse counter usage and guild being quite shooty. So you can plan to take those things into accord when deciding a list. Now some Masters/Henchmen do break from this mold a little bit, but none of them do it too extremely.

However if your oppnenet says "Ten Thunders", you have very very little to go off of, Yan Lo and Misaki have far less in common then Seamus and McMourning for instance. In addition being able to grab things that would normally be out of faction and blend them together(like a little bit of resser raising with heavy arcanist construct support) could also be a major benefit though perhaps less of one.

This is all just speculation of course.

Does your opponent have less of an idea than they do for Arcanists? Maybe a bit less, but I certainly wouldn't consider them less varied than Outcasts.