Initial Thoughts

pigi314159

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have seen some mouth full names like avatar of nature's malevolence, so why not another.

The mighty ax sounds more like Collet, can we make her the avatar of metal.

But but but... KISS make up! And she'll be all death metal! and Kang will be at the drums! And the Rail golem will play a mean bass! and Willie will do the fireworks! and the Emberling can be the capitalist pig!

@ThePandaDirector: K

Avatar of industry is good, though the Arcinasts have a lot of those. The name also sounds like a summoner. Some avatars increase what the master already does, like the Vics.

Avatar of thunder needs to be a blaster master that calls lightning.

Pillage get stones as he kills stuff.

I hope that the new avatars are not in story encounters, just because then I do not know what I am getting as the avatar beforehand. I want to see how they do story encounters before I think of what I want in them, I am not one for buying blindly and that is one good thing about the books I can say I want this but this one I do not care about. It the story encounters are blind buying then I will just wait for others to talk about them.

Why is it that outcast have models that go form minion to master?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

But but but... KISS make up! And she'll be all death metal! and Kang will be at the drums! And the Rail golem will play a mean bass! and Willie will do the fireworks! and the Emberling can be the capitalist pig!

Sounds like a great color scheme idea.

Sick idea. I love it. Story encounter would include the Avatar model or is it still a separate buy?

Well I imagine it would have the Avatar, since you would likely need to supply Master Misaki herself. It might also include something special for her to fight with/against. Wyrd could always sell LE sets that had LE alternative sculpts of the Master or do special deals where you can buy the Story Encounter and relevant crew box for less. I see Story Encounters representing captivating and climatic moments in the story and some can be linked together to chronicle a character's journey (I might recall Eric mentioning that, on Gamer's Lounge, in regards to Molly).

So what you get is the rules for the scenarios (like their Halloween stuff), the fluff and the key models in that scenario which could then be used to supplement specific crews. So a story encounter focussed on Molly might have an alternative Molly and some Horrors (I think the winning Dead Heat faction just get their alternative sooner rather than later), and so would be great to combine with either her or Seamus' crew box. The boxes could also have extra details like small terrain pieces, modelled tokens or even models for NPCs*. Also since these would be the only way to get these models/fluff, I would see no reason not to put the stat cards online, but looking at some sets (and Puppet Wars), these sets would be in the range of $35-$50.

*A more likely example (using an existing story encounter)

Miniatures: The Carver (updated and possibly Outcast)

Fluff: Your crew is hunting The Carver, here's a nice story to get you in the mood

Rules: Stat card for The Carver and 3 Scenario rules

Possible extras: Malifaux Citizen models (VP for keeping them alive but can be used to help reveal The Carver's location), pumpkin/Halloween set to decorate bases and terrain, possibly a special hunter-type character who can help the winner of scenario 1: Save Me! etc etc...

If only...

As for avatars I think Mei Feng could be Avatar of Industry/Ambition. Since avatars usually add a new spin to a crew perhaps she goes from mobile beatstick to someone who supports her crew a lot better (makes them more mobile instead of herself) with tons of burning token shenanigans.

What if the avatars are introduced through story encounters instead, sort of like "The Hour of Thunder"; a story encounter where Misaki is put to the test and in doing so discovers her avatar form. Considering that avatars could be linked to the main plot, story encounters are one way to advance it in an interactive way.

I was thinking maybe story encounters, but really I know soooo little about them that I couldn't say for sure...

As for Mei Feng - as a huge Magneto fan, my vote is for Avatar of Magnatism, with powers to teleport Metal Gamin and Rail Golems around, some Anti Construct powers, things like that (there is already an Avatar that's got a pretty big side line in burning tokens...)

Since we're talking villains here are my top 5 (in no particular order):

1. The Borg (Star Trek)

2. Darth Vader (Star Wars)

3. Scorpius (Farscape)

4. Magneto (X-Men)

5. The Joker (Batman)

I considered adding Biff Tannen from Back To The Future but I preferred Mad Dog "Manure, I hate manure!" Tannen over Biff or Griff.

Original creator is dead and buried........original M is still great....not her fault what they're doing to her now.

And as far as Vader goes, I was a fan at the original screening of the movie......so yeah, I'm think I'm up there in the age battle (not necessarily a good thing).

I may have to check out Hellraiser... any recommendations?

Don't watch #3... though I quite liked Bloodlines.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

I have to ask why Loki(mythological, not Marvel) isn't on the list.

Also, Lucifer is a pretty sweet villian.

Which version, the DC one is more of the Hero of the piece than the Villain.

Don't watch #3... though I quite liked Bloodlines.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Which version, the DC one is more of the Hero of the piece than the Villain.

Well, That's honestly why Lucifer is a great villian. From his own point of view(in almost all versions) he is the hero--his rebellion is usually one of two reasons; Either he rebelled because God told him to bow down to man and He refused to bow to any but God(out of love, usually) or it's about standing up to absolute tyranny. and that justifies everything he does, no matter how nasty-including Torture, mass genocide, and eventually the end of the world. Still, Paradise Lost is the definitive version to me--it emphasizes how Lucifer tells himself one version of the story, but through his actions, he shows that he was never as noble as he likes to beleive.