Usefulness of Avatars

D_acolyte

I hear that aDreamer is pretty pointless. Given that to manifest him, you should probably have already won the game.

I don't know about this, From what i understand, you only have to get Chompy's "all done" trigger for one, and do 5 wds with Dreamer's range attack for the other. The first would be pretty simple and probably something most players do regularly by the end of turn 3. The second is probably a little tougher, but not something that would require you to have already won the game. I think ADreamer is pretty awesome. I would love to play against him with all his encounter altering effects.

On a side note, i've done a good deal of research and i think AColette could really ruin some master's day. Sure she may not be as mobile as she once was, but her card manipulation alone makes her pretty scary. Also, i have seen AViktoria in action and i know that if you have a plan, she is extremely useful.

I think the avatars are great, even if they don't make it into half the games i play, they are worth it when the time is right to take them, and that is the same with most of the models i own. You use them when they are useful, and then you appreciate having the options.

my two cents anyway.

Edit: looks like this was a resserrected thread, sorry if this was all redundant. haha

• 3 months later...

Will the avatars be in m2e? And will they be updated with new models? And does Lynch or Yan Lo have an avatar yet? Stupid questions but I don't know or understand much about avatars. I have been considering to get or two. My masters are atm Lynch, Yan Lo, Seamus, Nicodem and Lady Justice. I was considering Seamus and Nicodem for the sheer awesomeness of their figure. *grin*

There will be avatars in m2e, every master is going to have one now, so the ten thunder masters and the original henchmen will get their own avatars. No idea yet how the avatar rules will be - the last beta test book mentions them but doesn't specifically detail them in the draft released.

edit - this info is in the various interviews released by podcast when m2e was first announced.

Edited by rcat

It was revealed that Mei Feng will manifest into the Avatar of Rebellion, so confirmed that 10T masters will be getting Avatars. I'm really looking forward to trying out the new Avatars when they're ready for testing.

I'm not expecting resculpts of avatars any time soon though. They're among the most recently released models apart from the book 4 plastics.