Storm of Shadows Outcasts Thread

Dumb Luck

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her story (its apparently female) is pretty simple. Its apparently an earth born monster that wandered through the rift. She likes doing jobs that involve eating people. Really not much more info.

Rules wise its a flying terrifying non living model. It had two melee weapons one with 3inches of reach and a trigger that pulls models hit into base contact and lets you attack with the other weapon. Its has a severe terrian aura that hurts models that stop within it. It can sacrafice living ht

1models ( or any ht1 model using a 0 action first). The coolest ability is an aura that lets you obey a enemy model had it dies.

I'm a little curious about the red devil men... not so much rules wise (although that would be great!!) but more so his story... Is he part of the ten thunders? or against like JB (or is that bj!)? is he human/NB/something else?
They're called Oni, which translates to demons, devils, ogres, or trolls. They also come in a variety of colors.

• 2 weeks later...
Just guessing here (I don't have the book), but I assume you'll have to pick your bodyguard target at the start of the game or you can only bodyguard one model throughout the whole game, which is negated by waifs dying every turn. A shame.

More in the way that levi can't pick Metal gamins, don't know why but they don't appear in the crew creator for him

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Also does any1 know if rail golem is worth taking with Levi, heard that it could get burning token on its own but is it enough to be worth playing with?

I don't have my book at the moment but her background is that she is Viktoria's little sister. Her real sister. Big sis was off being awesome and so Vanessa found herself being good at treasure hunting instead of bounty hunting and decided to follow her sister.

She can give a friendly Viktoria one of a selection of defensive abilities (such as Slow To Die or others). She can give a friendly Vik an automatic suit on their next attack (why hello there, Whirlwind!), IIRC can be affected by Sisters in Spirit. Also, she can be sacced for "Another one?" instead of a Ronin.

She also lets you bring a non-living Arcanist model with you.

Vanessa also deals additional damage to Black Sheep models, which is presumably because she competes with them for treasure / Relics...

She seems pretty good for her cost to be honest, but lots of her abilities are focused on supporting the Viks (which makes sense since she can't be used without them...)

Nice. And what about her weapon? She's a ranged damager or a supporter?

Can I leave home the gunslinger if I take Vanessa?

She's kind of a support/AOE ranged damage (due to her trigger).

I'll try to run her down overall:

Decent speed, with good Wp, Ca (and can push it higher and has a built in Tome), Df and fair Wd for a 7ss model.

She has the same anti-totem ability as the Effigies. (Fun interaction, it specifies non-Neverborn like the others. Brawl with the Viks and this ability won't matter!) She lets you take a bring a non-living Arcanist model to the crew. Vanessa can only be taken with the Viks (Sisters Reunited). She offers some top deck manipulation at the start of the turn in a weird way. She hates the Black Sheep. Can be used for "Another One?".

Nothing special about her melee weapon. Her ranged weapon is magical and has a kind of card cycling if you cheat.

She's Nimble. Two (0)s. One increases her Ca. The other lets her discard a soulstone for some card draw.

Her Ca has a built in Tome. She has a spell that pulses and gives a suit from her casting total (so Tome or whatever other card is flipped/cheated into the cast) for all her friendly models (and her) to their Cb that they get for one trigger. (The way it reads, it seems to indicate that if you flip the suit you needed anyway, once that suit has been used, you lose the added one regardless). The built in Tome is useful because she has a Tome trigger on her ranged attack (but no suit on her Cb) that causes everyone near the target hit by her ranged attack to suffer magical damage. Hence, she is kind of a ranged combatant. Also, she thus SHREDS Seishin because this damage is not a pulse, aura, or blast. Seishin cannot protect and it is enough damage to kill them outright. I am very unhappy about this. >.<

Two more spells on her. One gives her or a friendly Vik a defensive ability from the list. The catch is, you can only choose one that you had the suit for in your casting total. The ability linked to Tomes is Armor +1, so that will always be an option. The others, each tied to a different suit, are Hard to Kill, Slow to Die and Hard to Wound 1.

Her last spell is a bit more offensive card control that generates more card draw.

So, overall, a huge support model for the Viks with a bit of ranged support tossed in. Her Arcane Staff in the art looks like a flamethrower on a staff. Kind of wicked. It has a trail of flame coming from the tip as she moves it. Given the way their new plastics are, I fully expect this trailing fire to be a part of the model. Her melee weapon (Katana) isn't shown in the artwork so I expect it will likely be another optional piece (probably for her right arm which just has her arm extended in the art).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wong is an offensive asian stereotype. Shame on you Wyrd! Oh, he's a Gremlin merc who does magic too, both in terms of buffs and offense. Speaking of which, neither of the gremlins like 10-Thunders models. They remain pretty true to the source of their inspiration. ;)

You do realize Bert Jebsen, Gracie and Wong are this books little easter eggs aka Sue aka Johnny Cash, Right?

All these characters are from Big Trouble in Little China, Bert is Jack Burton not only does he look like jack but some of his abilities reflect this aka " All in the Reflexes" and "Big Talker". While Gracie is based off Gracie Law in name only and Jacks Big Rig, The Porkchop Express. While Wong is Wang Chi/Egg Shen, Wang was Jacks best friend and Wong's abilities are more in tune with Egg Shen with a "3 Demon bag" and a "Magical Iron Fan or something I can't recall". SO Wong is based off of 2 Asian characters in an awesome movie, wouldn't really say that's stereotyping, more of a homage if anything.