Storm of Shadows Outcasts Thread

Dumb Luck

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanessa synergises really well with the Viks. She's another source of magical damage (ranged this time) and can buff up the Viks very, very nicely.

The Freikorps dude is basically Iron Man. He's the very tough, melee damage dealer that the Friekorps have been waiting for, but with a somewhat unstable power source.

Gracie is a stubborn old pig who can be hired along side Bert. Basically a harder to kill Warpig variant who's both better and worse in melee.

Wong is an offensive asian stereotype. Shame on you Wyrd! Oh, he's a Gremlin merc who does magic too, both in terms of buffs and offense. Speaking of which, neither of the gremlins like 10-Thunders models. They remain pretty true to the source of their inspiration. ;)

Ama No Zako is a fast, high damage melee beast who eats things. Personally I see him being an alternative to models like the Blessed of December or Shikome in Marcus crews. I'm sure other crews will like him too though.

Vanessa synergises really well with the Viks. She's another source of magical damage (ranged this time) and can buff up the Viks very, very nicely.

The Freikorps dude is basically Iron Man. He's the very tough, melee damage dealer that the Friekorps have been waiting for, but with a somewhat unstable power source.

I can always use more models for the vik-korps. It'll be nice having melee option for the freikorp other than Taelor and Jhohan, and some more support options in the viks. Magical ranged attacks is just bonus.

Ama No Zako is a fast, high damage melee beast who eats things. Personally I see him being an alternative to models like the Blessed of December or Shikome in Marcus crews. I'm sure other crews will like him too though.

is he more or less expensive than blessed? If hes similar or less that'd be a mighty temptin prospect (blue border beasts arent good with marcus anyways right? :P)

is he more or less expensive than blessed? If hes similar or less that'd be a mighty temptin prospect (blue border beasts arent good with marcus anyways right? :P)

Sorry, I can't give specifics unless I physically have the book in my hands (things can always change last minute). What I can give is general info.

Speaking of Blue Border Beasts, they might end up getting an indirect boost for Marcus with the addition of Kang. I said this elsewhere, but he's a decent target for the Raptor's enrage (making him a beast) and he can buff living models (such as the blue-beasts) under the right circumstances.

The lack of a new outcast master is kinds sad. Still the newest vik sister and freikorps iron man are solid updates to there respective groups. The gremlins are the more interesting things for us. Burt's got some great triggers and a solid gun. Wong has an interesting mix of defense and attack . Gracie has some solid pig boomerang potential. Haven't looked at the random demon thing much.

I know metal golems are protectors depending on how wording is they might be great for defending waifs

Sadly, Metal Gamin won't work too well for protecting Waifs. Someone with the book can puzzle that out for you but basically, it doesn't work.

Edited by Rathnard

Sadly, Metal Gamin won't work too well for protecting Waifs. Someone with the book can puzzle that out for you but basically, it doesn't work.

Just guessing here (I don't have the book), but I assume you'll have to pick your bodyguard target at the start of the game or you can only bodyguard one model throughout the whole game, which is negated by waifs dying every turn. A shame.