Some Resser love!

Zephir

I have played the Legend of the Five Rings RPG for many many years, so I'm well versed in Japanese fantasy. No looking at the models they are great, but just not what I was looking for in Malifaux.

As a single faction I would have no problem with the Ten Thunders, but as a dual factions I really think it ruins the other factions.

I feel the same way, I don't think the oriental style fit into the aesthetic of the current factions, so while I did order the book, I'm still debating whether I will use Ten Thunder miniatures in my Rezzer and Arcanist crews.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the same way, I don't think the oriental style fit into the aesthetic of the current factions, so while I did order the book, I'm still debating whether I will use Ten Thunder miniatures in my Rezzer and Arcanist crews.

Rail Crew fits in perfectly, it's still labour rights related workers, only from another etinicty and sector. Hell, MArcus and Rasputina make a lot less sense theme wise than Mei Feng, Ramos and Kaeris do.

Ressers, well, Kirai opened the door, so we are the secondary heavilly traiditional asian faction in the game, since we already have 2 masters that are full of folklore with Yan Lo and Kirai. So yeah, I admit there that if you weren't liking Kirai's jib, well, the door is there and they decided to go with it.

A part of me is really hoping the scenario packs make a showing in a few months and Molly brings more Victorian toys (and finally gives her a fighting chance with her crew, because by god, Yin is not enough to save her yet).

Well, and, although I haven't seen his stat block yet I assume that Yan Lo can resummon Yin if she is killed.

I *think* Raz was thinking of Yin more in terms of a minion for the other Resser Masters. Seamus and Molly don't have any real healing to throw around. Nico does though, and although Yin is a 40mm base, which prevents Molly from summoning her, that does mean Yin drops 2 CC when she dies.

It works Exactly like Zoraida's ability Proper Manners, but only for Attack Flips. She is going to be very vulnerable to spell dmg, and a beast to take out with strikes.

Oh ok, I read Zoraida's proper manners and it just said attack flips. So I pressumed there was a catch there. So spells, blast and pulse damage are her bane, good to know.

Oh ok, I read Zoraida's proper manners and it just said attack flips. So I pressumed there was a catch there. So spells, blast and pulse damage are her bane, good to know.

Yeah, the issue is that there is a rules difference between lowercase "attack flips"- which occur for any action generating a resist, TN duel, or opposed duel- and capitalized "Attack Flips", which are only generated from weapon Strikes. Hence, a spell can generate attack flips without generating Attack Flips (which is why Proper Manners should actual penalize "attacks" or "Strikes and Casting Flips" in order to protect Zoraida as seemingly-intended).

Yeah, the issue is that there is a rules difference between lowercase "attack flips"- which occur for any action generating a resist, TN duel, or opposed duel- and capitalized "Attack Flips", which are only generated from weapon Strikes. Hence, a spell can generate attack flips without generating Attack Flips (which is why Proper Manners should actual penalize "attacks" or "Strikes and Casting Flips" in order to protect Zoraida as seemingly-intended).

There was actually a ruling about this not that long ago in the rules forum. They are going to reword Proper Manners and put it on the Model Clarification from what it said but the new wording basically says attacks that are strikes or casting flips. Need to go back and recheck the actual wording to remind myself of the exact working.

They did that so the entrails would shrink after gorging, so they could fit them back into their bodies.

That's why a common way of detecting them was to look for the smell of vinegar.. I've accidently killed far too many people only to find out they just liked Fish and Chips.