Storm of Shadows - Resurrectionists Spoiler Thread

DeleteAccount

I don't know one of his cited reasons was having another resser master like kirai- i.e. a master who basically has his own toys that really don't fit all that well with the others. Sounds a fair amount like he was right about that one so far.

He's wrong. Even ignoring the fact that they're almost all undead models (and thus synergise with the original 3's talents/spells), the new Resser models will all be useful in some fashion to the Masters outside of Yan Lo. The fact that they have these ancestor rules makes no difference to this.

Izamu is just a massive melee beater. Everyone loves that, but especially Ressers, who have been missing such a model.

Molly will probably be taking Penny in every game she plays. Possibly Seamus too.

Toshiro is amazing at buffing, moving and supporting his fellow undead. Punk Zombies in particular become even more ridiciously good in melee with him around.

I'm still waiting for someone with the book to point out what makes Chirikai (whom I've probably misspelt again) such an awesome support minion but trust me, it's there. ;)

Ashigaru are the defensive version of Punk Zombies and should compete very well with them in Resser crews. But they also have some benefits from being taken with the above ancestors.

Thank you Rathnard! If i understand it right he cant ressummon ancestors?

I never said that... :P

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know one of his cited reasons was having another resser master like kirai- i.e. a master who basically has his own toys that really don't fit all that well with the others. Sounds a fair amount like he was right about that one so far.

Not to be taken as support for blowing your top and rage quitting.

Really? I got the opposite impression. The Ressur Love thread had a pretty interesting discussion about how punk zombies get some crazy bonuses from the Daimyo, which promises great things for Nicodem.

If people rage out because the masters have their own toys, they should REALLY look at the other factions. Res, Guild and Neverborn have quite a few universal toys and a lot of stuff that plays only with certain masters. Meanwhile Outcasts and Arcanists...yeh, kind of a joke in comparison.

Speaking as an Arcanist player...this. So very much this.

If people rage out because the masters have their own toys, they should REALLY look at the other factions. Res, Guild and Neverborn have quite a few universal toys and a lot of stuff that plays only with certain masters. Meanwhile Outcasts and Arcanists...yeh, kind of a joke in comparison.

Speaking as an Arcanist player...this. So very much this.

Yan is fantastic and yes resser won book 4 especially the book 1 masters. As the ancestors are undead and provide tremendous synergy with them along with Yan Lo. One needs to look at the book as a whole before one gets a bit angry. Yan can work just fine with traditional resser builds but he is truly at home with his ancestors. Not a bad thing if his ancestors are actually useable by the rest of the ressers and they definitely are.

link to ragequit please!@

There are already so many unpleasant fights and arguments on these forums right now it's probably for the best that they not be dug up again. While I still maintain they are infinitely more civil than the dozens of WarmaHORDES/40k fights you can read in the comments section of a lot of the Belle of Lost Souls site, they are still downers to read. By now most of everything that's been said on both sides of the argument has been said, multiple times, with varying degrees of respect and courtesy. The Ten Thunders spoiler thread alone will give you some indication of what they can be like. It's probably better to keep those buried. Things are starting to be a bit more normalized, and things seem more pleasant that way.

There are already so many unpleasant fights and arguments on these forums right now it's probably for the best that they not be dug up again. While I still maintain they are infinitely more civil than the dozens of WarmaHORDES/40k fights you can read in the comments section of a lot of the Belle of Lost Souls site, they are still downers to read. By now most of everything that's been said on both sides of the argument has been said, multiple times, with varying degrees of respect and courtesy. The Ten Thunders spoiler thread alone will give you some indication of what they can be like. It's probably better to keep those buried. Things are starting to be a bit more normalized, and things seem more pleasant that way.

very true! however, perhaps i have a black sense of humor or am insensitive, but i love reading this type of thing for a chuckle while i eat my cheese on toast : /

yan lo statrs as a good all rounder who too can alter and augment to a minor degree before the game and them further during the game along different ways.

chiaki is a true support piece for any crew. she keeps then going and has something along the lines of dispel magic, spell breaker, shrug off but different. there's more but that's getting too specific

Guess ill dump a bit of info.

Lo is a rather unique master. Hes got two very unique things going on. First he gets a unique resource that he gets as his minions die. He instantly spends this to get permanant upgrades like new spells and triggers. Think rpg skill tree. Secondly he has the reliquary ability that lets him get the relics off some of the new minions. The big thing with this is he can dump a relic and some corpse token and bring back the relics model.

Chiaki is support for the group. She can pick up relics and pass them to the boss if she doesn't want them. Shes a relay for lo special resource gathering as well. She has a relic herself and if brought back by lo she becomes a spirit. Oh she makes undead models living.

Yin the organ pile is brutal. Not much synergy but brutal is its own reward.

Toshiro the daimyo is my fav here. Hes got a passive bonus to friendly models and lets you hire punk zombies and another new minion in any crew ( ten thunders cough). Hes got a movement trick for undead and can summon up more models if the conditions are right. Has a relic that preserves the buff and the movement trick.

Barely scratching the surface here . I'm really liking this crew ( in ten thunders cough). Cheap model horde with buff solos that don't stop buffing when they die. The more your opponent kills the stronger lo gets.

Merry genconmas ressers.

What do you mean by Chaki makes undead models living? Cause that concerns me a little bit, all things considered, there's a good number of negatives to go along with being living.

It's just an action, I think.

My 35SS crew is likely going to look like:

Yan Lo - Cache + 3SS

Soul Porter - 2SS

Toshiro - 8SS

Izamu - 10SS

3 Ashigaru - 12SS

And hopefully that's only two purchases too (crew box and Toshiro is my guess) =]