Storm of Shadows - Resurrectionists Spoiler Thread

DeleteAccount

Yan Lo

http://www.wyrd-games.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7082&d=1345143904

He's a summoner who gets better as the stuff around him dies. He also tends to work very well with his Ancestor minions, the catch being that the Ancestors tends to be on the expensive side. So you're faced with either taking lots of cheap fodder to throw at the enemy and get killed to help buff up Yan Lo, or take the more expensive ancestors and get the significant benefits attached to them.

yan buffs himself as his own crew die around him he has flexibility in how he begins the game as well.

yan lo statrs as a good all rounder who too can alter and augment to a minor degree before the game and them further during the game along different ways.

Lo is a rather unique master. Hes got two very unique things going on. First he gets a unique resource that he gets as his minions die. He instantly spends this to get permanant upgrades like new spells and triggers. Think rpg skill tree. Secondly he has the reliquary ability that lets him get the relics off some of the new minions. The big thing with this is he can dump a relic and some corpse token and bring back the relics model.

He doesn't get the rpg upgrades when Ancestors die; it has to be a non-Ancestor model. But yeah, he basically gets stronger when things are killed near him. He can get upgrade points from enemy models too, of course. He's got, like, some mobility options, and some defense options, some new spells he can get, some damage upgrades. Lot to choose from, can be quite adaptable. Chiaki can help him get the upgrades, if things are killed near her. It's an interesting mechanic he has.

yan lo has the highest starting ss cache behind mcmourning. ancestor heavy will be viable under certain situations but he will generally want one or two with a mix j of cheaper models too. his totem helps out with him gathering relics as well

On returning ancestors: the ancestor has to start the game in play. when it dies, Yan Lo can get the card due to reliquaries rule. Then it's a spell like other rezzers...needs a decent crow, a corpse counter, and the card. so he loses that reliquary perk, but the ancestor comes back. Each corpse counters gives them 2 Wounds.. So an Izamu summoned with 3 Corpse Counters would come back on 6Wds.

Yan Lo CANNOT raise Ashigaru.

Yan Lo¡s buffing game is through chi, he gets Chi in the following manner

This model gains one Chi “” point each time a controlled non-Ancestor model is killed within 8”.

There are 3 paths you can choose to go up.. Spirit, Ash and Bone. You must complete each level of a path to get the next one. But you don't have to exclusively put points in a single path..

So you could grab level 1 in Spirit, then level 1 in Ash, then level 2 in Spirit and then boost that up to level 3.

here are several different trees.....each one is quite a bit different....which means that he can be customized during the game....your opponent won't know which Yan Lo he is facing until you start building him.....he could be more support, more casty, or more fighty.

When non-ancestor models in range are killed he gains a point to put into a tree....each tree has 4 levels with varying numbers of points to unlock and you have to go up in order.....each level is a nice buff and the top level of each tree is very strong.....you are allowed to put points into any tree but you can't skip levels within a tree.

Shouldn't be easy to get top-tier in any one tree, but when you do it can be game changing.....the top levels are that good.

Nico isnt the only one who can hand out paralysis in the ressers anymore.

Soul Porter

http://www.wyrd-games.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7083&d=1345143966

Toshiro the Daimyo

http://www.wyrd-games.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7078&d=1345137438

http://www.wyrd-games.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7079&d=1345137440

Ashigaru

http://www.wyrd-games.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7077&d=1345137436

Chiaki

https://twitter.com/sassylady1970/status/236177511678103552/photo/1/large

she's a support model with a variety of very useful heal & debuff type abilities. Has harmless.

chiaki is a true support piece for any crew. she keeps then going and has something along the lines of dispel magic, spell breaker, shrug off but different. there's more but that's getting too specific

Chiaki is support for the group. She can pick up relics and pass them to the boss if she doesn't want them. Shes a relay for lo special resource gathering as well. She has a relic herself and if brought back by lo she becomes a spirit. Oh she makes undead models living.

Chiaki is nice and cheap think punk zombie cheap, have stay vague at the moment as although she also isnt complicated she offers a lot of utilty and has abilities that help under a variety of situations.

An above average walk and charge. Average WP and CA. Below Average Df, and Above average Wds for her SS cost.

Her knife isn't anything to write home about with a low range, low Cb, and the second worst Dmg line I've seen outside of a Bash attack. It is magical however.

She has an ability that serves as an arc node of sorts for Yan Lo gathering Chi from killed models.

She's harmless, and if Yan Lo resummons her she gains spirit and has her max wds reduced.

She has an ability to remove the undead trait from friendly models in B2B.

She also has an ability that automatically gives a little bit of healing to friendly models close to her.

She has an action that restores harmless if she is near a living friendly model.

She has an ability to give all her relics that she might be carrying to Yan Lo.

She also has an ability that is a large pulse that forces non-living enemy models in the area to make a low Df duel total in line with the Drowned's Riptide, or receive slow.

She has a trigger for one of her spells that gives her harmless again, and she also has a trigger, not built in, for Excessive bleeding.

Spell wise she has a spell that causes friendly models in a large aura to lose the undead characteristic.

She also has a spell that can remove one effect per crow in the casting within the range of a large pulse, but the effect cannot be an effect that sacrifices, so no combo with the Nurse.

She also has a resistible spell that pushes all non living models away from her in a large pulse.

Yin

http://www.wyrd-games.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7084&d=1345144358

Just had some info delivered for Yin,

She has Terror score of 12, and is wicked. She has an ability that is similar to Zoraida's proper Manners, but only for Attack Flips (melee and ranged). She has an ability that takes Wp down by 1 if yo are engaged with her. She has a 0 action spell that stacks a -1 Wp every time an enemy within range of the aura fails a Wp duel, a spell that can give a friendly model with Terror Anathema, and a spell that only works on 30mm Ht 1 and 2 models which does a little dmg, gives them slow, and gives her melee attacks against that target a Ram, which is the suit needed for a trigger that can be and only used on disengaging strikes, which gives her a positive twist on the dmg flip.

Stat Wise she is a decent speed, has a good Wp, and a good Df. I think on paper she looks really good. For her cost, which is a little pricey I'm surprised she doesn't have an action modifier. I'm very eager to see if, once she's on the table, if that will seem to matter as it seems the goal is to get her up and engaged, and use her terror and disengaging strikes to mess with the enemy.

She costs 8 SS.

Izamu

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/Wyrd-Miniatures/Bk4-Izamu.jpg

Edited by Razhem

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope there will be some non-asian resser models as well. I just don't see them going very well with Seamus and Nicodem (despite his punk zombies)

In the fluff, Nicodem prefers to use the corpses of warriors from the orient, as he has found that they tend to hold on to their fighting abilities better after resurrection. I think it's pretty thematic, and we already have a host of non asian models to chose from already.

In the fluff, Nicodem prefers to use the corpses of warriors from the orient, as he has found that they tend to hold on to their fighting abilities better after resurrection. I think it's pretty thematic, and we already have a host of non asian models to chose from already.

I see your point, but I prefer a gothic horror theme to both Nicodem and Seamus.

There's at least one new model for molly in the book - the Pennangallon (or whatever it's called). Molly players will definitely like what she does. Some other players might even scream "broken" (it's not IMO, just unexpected). ;)

Seamus? Nothing in-theme that I know of, but personally, I think the girl with the flute would be very useful, especially once he Avatars out and is staring down the barrel of a certain pain-in-the-arse flying guild construct.

Did I say too much? :)

There's at least one new model for molly in the book - the Pennangallon (or whatever it's called). Molly players will definitely like what she does. Some other players might even scream "broken" (it's not IMO, just unexpected). ;)

Seamus? Nothing in-theme that I know of, but personally, I think the girl with the flute would be very useful, especially once he Avatars out and is staring down the barrel of a certain pain-in-the-arse flying guild construct.

Did I say too much? :)

I dont think you said nearly enough...maybe a few more specifics..or perhaps clean crisp photos of stat cards

I had a friend at the con look through the book, and at least on his first glance through there were no new Belles, if that is specifically what people are wondering. He did confirm that Yin, the Panagalan is a Horror however. Pics of her make it possible to see that she has the Anathema ability, but whaqt her Terror score # is, is unknown.

I dont think you said nearly enough...maybe a few more specifics..or perhaps clean crisp photos of stat cards

No Stat cards - I don't have the book. My name should be in it though. ;)

Yin does indeed have Anathema, and she is a Horror. She's not easy to kill, but someone should definitely take a close look at her spell list. That's the money shot. :D

Also, people should pay more attention to the flute-girl (Chikari?). Short version - she's a support model with a variety of very useful heal & debuff type abilities.

Oh and I'm calling it now before Bill (Gamers Lounge) does - Ressers won Book 4. :)

10-Thunders didn't win book 4. You need to be a real faction to win anything. :P

Sandwich would disagree lol

Sandwich's reaction and subsequent rage-quit was a real pity, but hopefully once he takes a chill pill he'll take the time to look at all the new releases, rather than one of the teaser models from each faction.

When he does, I think he'll be pretty pleased - Ressers did indeed make out like bandits in this new book. They really got alot of great stuff that helps plug a few holes people have been complaining about in the past. Nothing overtly broken, but plenty of really cool, really useful stuff. :D

any "rumors" about Yan Lo?

He's a summoner who gets better as the stuff around him dies. He also tends to work very well with his Ancestor minions, the catch being that the Ancestors tends to be on the expensive side. So you're faced with either taking lots of cheap fodder to throw at the enemy and get killed to help buff up Yan Lo, or take the more expensive ancestors and get the significant benefits attached to them.

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Yan Lo is fantastic, and has a very interesting playstyle on the table. The only reason I might not get him is because Ausplosions will definitely be getting him too.

I don't know one of his cited reasons was having another resser master like kirai- i.e. a master who basically has his own toys that really don't fit all that well with the others. Sounds a fair amount like he was right about that one so far.

Not to be taken as support for blowing your top and rage quitting.