Storm of Shadows - Arcanists Spoiler Thread

Nephalumps

First: Sorry to disappoint anyone, but I don't have the book!

However, I wanted there to be a central thread for Arcanist spoilers from the shiny new book. That way, we don't have to hunt for details in a bunch of disparate threads. Plus, anyone that doesn't want to spoil anything for themselves knows what link to avoid. ;)

If anyone gets the book/models early and feels like enlightening the rest of us, we'd very much appreciate it! :)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WYR3052 - $35 - Rail Crew Box Set

The Arcanist Rail Crew Box has had a slight delay in shipping, it will be available as normal from the Online Store but won't be at the Gencon Booth until later in the weekend.

Ad_RailCrew.jpg

Master - Mei Feng:

MeiFengTitle.png

Ambitious Mei Feng uses her mastery of metal and fire elemental magic to insinuate herself into the Miners and Steamfitters Union, drawing the attention of Viktor Ramos and his Arcanists.

Mei Feng is a melee caster, She excels at fighting multiple opponents, being able to dart into combat using her own constructs as stepping stones, once engaged she can move from opponent to opponent laying down damage and burning tokens. Mei Feng can combo her spells and strikes together into chains, which though card intensive allow her to pull off some impressive feats.

Below is a small cheat card I've made to help you keep track of your combos.

MeiFengComboThumb.png

-Better cache than other Arcanists

-Solid Df and Cb values

-Claws are paired, more stable damage and positive damage flips against burning targets.

-Kick has higher Severe damage.

-6 spells (as seen in the diagram)

-6 triggers (one of which is not in the diagram, Vent Steam -> Superheat is an ability)

-Scalding Breath is damage (not sure on details)

-Vent Steam is like Creepy Fog (may not block LoS for certain friendly units)

-Superheat makes enemies in Vent Steam aura gain burning tokens

-Railwalker makes you jump to btb with a construct (or Tail Worker?) within 5", do this twice (or thrice with the unlisted trigger)

-Seismic Punch moves nearby models

-Iron Skin gives armor to a friendly model (only Mei herself with the trigger)

Emberling:

attachment.php?attachmentid=6343&d=1341874081

-Arcane Reservoir

-Can dish out burning tokens somehow

Rail Workers:

-M&SU Members

-Have a Rst: Df spell to give burning tokens

WYR3058 - $21 - Metal Gamin (3 pack)

Ad_Metal.jpg

-Nominate a model they protect

-(0)action to charge models engaged with the nominated model

-Faster, but also more expensive, than other Gamin

WYR3053 - $35 - Rail Golem (this fella stands 78mm tall!)

Ad_RailGolem.jpg

-M&SU Asset

-Works on burning tokens (can get from friendly models (emberling, Railworkers), absorb from engaged models and possibly generate itself)

-Can spend the tokens on various stuff.. Reactivate being one such thing.

WYR3059 - $16 - Willie the Demolitionist

Ad_Willie.jpg

Also the wallpaper. (link)

FireThumb.jpg

Edit:

Put excessive pictures into spoiler tags.

Edit2:

It seems as if there'll be 1 Master w/ totem and ~5 minions per faction, so we shouldn't expect anything more than what we have here for the Arcanists.

Edit3:

Added some tidbits I heard through chatting with knowledgeable people, so not first hand and might have gotten some of it wrong, take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by LastDinosaur
adding more of the previewed concept art

Metal Gamin will be quite popular with Raspy methinks. They're sort of like cheap bodyguards, so having one around might keep her from getting assasinated too easilly.

There's not alot for Marcus, although Kang has some potential in a crew full of living beasts, and is a good enrage target for a raptor too.

I can't get into specifics without the book on hand. All I can say is that they're essentially bodyguards for a specific model in your crew, and the Metal Gamin will help keep that model alive vs enemy attacks for longer. The Metal Gamin themselves are pretty tough for their cost too, so they've got the potential to last a while.

I can't get into specifics without the book on hand. All I can say is that they're essentially bodyguards for a specific model in your crew, and the Metal Gamin will help keep that model alive vs enemy attacks for longer. The Metal Gamin themselves are pretty tough for their cost too, so they've got the potential to last a while.

I'm glad I caved in and bought them now, thanks for the info =D I'm guessing their Constructs too like the other Gamin. Mei Feng's going to have some fun stepping stones.

Kind of wish I had now. it was a choice between them and the Rail golem, and I went with the golem. Really hoping it has enough power to justify the size and cost, rather than being another large target.

Well he's a hell of alot better than the Ice Golem, that's for sure (note: the rail golem's still not a good choice for Raspy though. :( ). For the most part the Rail Golem just hits you like a freight train. In fact, they could have probably just modeled him as a train on and that'd do the job. :)

Kind of wish I had now. it was a choice between them and the Rail golem, and I went with the golem. Really hoping it has enough power to justify the size and cost, rather than being another large target.

Don't worry, the Rail Golem can be absolutely terrifying. If you want anything dead, odds are the Golem can do it. (Disclaimer: this is just my experience.)

While all the arcanist usable releases are definately intriguing, Im kind of glad I didnt put an order through in the end. None of their supposed abilities are terribly pressing needs for my playstyle so im content waiting and channelling the money to wyrd through my FLGS.

though the talk of kaeris and mei is tempting...

*ponder ponder ponder*

Well he's a hell of alot better than the Ice Golem, that's for sure (note: the rail golem's still not a good choice for Raspy though. :( ). For the most part the Rail Golem just hits you like a freight train. In fact, they could have probably just modeled him as a train on and that'd do the job. :)

hes still good for tina, you just have to choose whether you want to use him as his normal beatstick self, or if you want to use him as a mirror for tina.

rail golem is viable by himself or with the rail workers both.and he's just awesome in general :D