Viruk's paintlog

Viruk

@Carter - thanks, that's high praise coming from a fellow hobbyist. 

@Malebolgia - thank you. I generally try to keep my colors dark and toned down aiming for a more realistic look. Also, I am often inspired by artwork of the model I'm workning on.

@SpectreEliteGaming - thanks, there will definitely be more in this thread (have a look at the pic with my currently unpainted minis). And I agree - the new Barby is a beast, the old version looks like it's baby ;)

unpainted2016.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great paintjob, as usual. I think I can say this mini just have got Viruked. ;)
I really like the idea of 'merging' his limbs with a clock-like mount.

I see you've based him on an Orphanage base insert. Does that mean you intend to use him with your Dreamer crew? Night sky cape thing fits the Dreamer theme too.
I I were you I would rather paint a spiral galaxy on the cape.

I hope your next blog entry will be the new plastic Insidious Madnesses. Love the models.

BTW I didn't know that you like electro-industrial. :)

Hope we'll have a chance to play Mfx soon! :)

• Like 1

@Pikciwok, thanks mate. I'll probably use him with Dreamer sooner or later, I just liked how the base of the clock fit that Orphanage insert. My Madnesses are assembled and will be painted... soon. I'm now trying to focus on minis for which I haven't painted proxies yet so there are still some Guild that I need to catch up with. 

I listen to different genres of music and this time I felt a bit retro for that post on my blog ;)

And yes, having a game is definitely a good idea, we'll get in touch about that.

@Angst Bunny - not sure why I can't tag you in a post but that's an awesome nick you're rocking :) Thanks for taking an interest and I hope the issue gets solved somehow, this bug is pretty irritating.

• Like 1

@Pikciwok, thanks mate. I'll probably use him with Dreamer sooner or later, I just liked how the base of the clock fit that Orphanage insert. My Madnesses are assembled and will be painted... soon. I'm now trying to focus on minis for which I haven't painted proxies yet so there are still some Guild that I need to catch up with. 

I listen to different genres of music and this time I felt a bit retro for that post on my blog ;)

And yes, having a game is definitely a good idea, we'll get in touch about that.

@Angst Bunny - not sure why I can't tag you in a post but that's an awesome nick you're rocking :) Thanks for taking an interest and I hope the issue gets solved somehow, this bug is pretty irritating.

• 7 months later...

Thanks, I always try my factions to have some kind of theme on their bases and then add a little variety here and there. For my Neverborn the theme is Orphanage so with Swampfiends I try to add a touch of swampy feel but I also keep some of regular wooden floor visible to tie them with the rest. I like to mix them up when I play. And yes, it's a Silurid. You can see better pictures of this minion here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6 septembre 2016 at 5:40 PM, Viruk said:

This crew got me the best painted award during a recent tournament in Warsaw.

Again, excellent crew.

@Viruk You said you use Nurgle's rot for the green bases (such as on McTavish, the Drowned, the doll), don't you? What do you combine it with? Some green washes? I may steal some of your ideas (again... :))

First off, I mix it with Vallejo still water effect and build a few layers, allowing each to dry completely before applying another one. After that I just mix in some dark green ink/wash and add it randomly. And steal away, I've done that many time too - I think that's one of the reasons why people share pics of their works here. Speaking of which, here's Francisco I've painted recently. More pics on my blog.

fran_zpsavcb34vq.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...