Malifaux Demo Evening at Glasgow Games Group

grumhelden

I'll be running demo games at G3 in Glasgow as and when needed, starting tomorrow evening (7th August), If you want to book a slot, just send me a PM or an email via the G3 site!

All you need to bring is yourself , as everything else is provided!

details for g3 , a long running and established, diverse gaming group can be found here: http://www.g3gamers.co.uk

I will be available most tuesday evenings at G3, and most Thursdays at Spellbound Games(again , in glasgow).

Drop me a line!

Hi!

I will be moving to the Glasgow area (I will be working in Hunterston B power plant) from September 17th and am an avid Malifaux player. I was wondering whether there is an active Malifaux community in and around Glasgow and, if so, what gaming clubs you were aware of in the area?

Any info would be brilliant!

Thanks in advance!

Grumhelden, is basically the man behind the Glasgow Malifaux scene. If you listen to Tartan Skirmish Radio you can hear him talking about what he's doing to establish Malifaux in the city.

The other active henchman in Scotland is David Kerr Smith, who's been running events pretty much every month in Livingston ~30mins drive from Glasgow, he's actually the voice behind Tartan Skirmish radio (well one of them). I'm set to attend my first of his events on Saturday so will feedback on the store etc after that, but definitely seems to be the most organised playscene I've heard of in Scotland.

My gaming club in Edinburgh has dabbled with Malifaux but it's not really caught on yet, there's a big H&WM league running right now so once that dies off I'm gonna have another go at dragging a few more people into it, currently only 4-5 of us that play semi regularly. And I've heard of folk playing in Dundee too but not idea how many or how often.

The best thing that you can really do is PM Barry (Grumhelden) to get connected in the Glasgow area.

From my side of things, I try to organise monthly tournaments with a player cap of 12. So far they've proved rather popular.

We should be having a Team/doubles Tournament on the 29th (hopefully)

Keep the diary free on 20th October where we'll be a really big end of year tournament in association with Livingston Battlegrounds. I'll get the final event doc out soon once I've got a few details cleared up.