Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Duck21

Duck21’s Malifaux Blog.

250 posts in this topic

Ah, so you were the one with fuhatsu, that was a really close race with you (I am the one who made gracie). And even though it was a bug that you could see the votes, it made it quite a nail-biter to follow ^_^

Awsome paint job, just like everything else you have made. I am especially jealous of your base skills, which is something I simply can't do myself >>

Great. I dig the free-hand. You're basing skills are just A-Mazing. If I could base like that.........

Great. I dig the free-hand. You're basing skills are just A-Mazing. If I could base like that.........

You could try making press molds of Textures like Bricks or woodgrain and bits of machinery, cut them up and build something out of them. Fill the gaps with putty and maybe sculpt some rocks to make it all fit. 

forumtemp043.JPG

2 people like this

Really nice basing and painting you have there. Your style reminds me a little of John Blanche.

I'm curious which you do more of when painting -  highlight up or darken down?

Oooooo. I really like what you have done. Sweet painting going on and the bases are making jealous. They are very creative and well executed. 

Cheers,

John...

It's good to see you back on the forums as your work never ceases to amaze me. That Hamelin is something I will measure all other takes on the model against. You've certainly set the bar high!

Very cool work Duck21! Your painting is beautiful and your modelling is inspiring. Eddie is fantastic! Are you casting parts for your bases or is it all individually sculpted from milliput?

Cheers,

Woo.

Pretty amazing stuff. Nice work with Miliput bases, I might have to get some of that stuff myself.

Edited by Moondog

Oh my God, thats absolutely AMAZING! That's so incredible, @Duck21 dude you're magician! And your style of painting is very interesting, it's an oil?
Looking forward for new awesome stuff!))

I'll be making videos showcasing my miniatures. 360 degrees views  and all. Here's the first of hopefully many upcoming videos. Malifaux Rail Crew Mei Feng starter.

4 people like this

Just stunning, I love your style and after seeing these minis in 360 I'm even more impressed.

We want new works dude!)) Old is awesome though)

3 hours ago, Stark said:

We want new works dude!)) Old is awesome though)

I had a very long hiatus for personal reasons. I'm trying to get organised now. New models will come. 

This is not new, but I only put Molly on that diorama for competition. I had to move her to another base 

so she can be played with. The ruined building will be used as a goal for Guild Ball Game.

Anyway here she is. She looks a bit like vampire now even if she's not supposed to be one (bats not helping)

mal034.JPG

6 people like this

Something I forgot to post here, a couple of Guild Ball miniatures. Here's the first of them. Captain Corsair. The mermaid on the base is Reaper, Coral Mermaid.

gb002.JPG

5 people like this

Update on what's coming out on my channel in the near future. 

3 people like this

Really excited about the upcoming videos, tutorials especially :) Subscribed.

New Bushido mini. Taka orphan of Yurei. Now I have all the footage for next bushido video. I just need to edit it and do a voice over. 

Rezolution Video is next and then this.

bushi024.jpg

2 people like this