Duck21’s Malifaux Blog.

Duck21

• 3 weeks later...

Is it actually worth showing work in progress shots or not? Just asking.

I'm on a sculpting binge at the moment. Here's the bases for Willy, Lady J, and Scales.

Trying to finish the bases of the rest of The Guild's Judgement crew. I'm getting rid of the coffins. Yes I know death marshals supposed to have them, but I don't like the look of them. Let's pretend death marshals can make them appear and disappear at will.

forumtemp036.JPG

Here’s 4 more bases. A quick note the death marshals are not glued to the bases yet, so they are not standing properly.

Wendigo’s base is a bit minimal, but the guardsman he’s attacking is technically part of the base. Notice he’s wearing a new hat. I press moulded Samuel Hopkins’s hat, it’s smaller and doesn’t obscures his face.

forumtemp037.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Sculpting binge continues. I guess I can't sculpt sensibly :) The judge is done so that means guild judgement starter is ready for painting. Next we have the Ice gamin. The sled going down hill will give the large ice chunk some momentum. (that's going to hurt) and there's one on top of frozen dog hose, and the last one is on top of frozen well.

forumtemp038.JPG

what material are those bases sculpted from? that yellow color looks like nothing i have seen before

It's milliput yellow gray. The cheapest putty known to man :)

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Good stuff! :)

Maybe a video tutorial to see your way of working with the putty? :D

I have no means of shooting videos I'm afraid. But in the next hobby sofa podcast I will be explaining how to make bases with tiny trees, with many progress pictures. We hoping to record on 30th.

• 1 month later...

There's a tutorial about making trees in the last Hobby Sofa. I explain how I did the tree in Rasputina's base. The podcast is under 2 houres, but the tutorial is in the first 30 minutes.

Hobby Sofa - 5 Crouching Sculptor Hidden Henchman.

http://hobbysofa.coda.net/episode-05-couching-sculptor-hidden-henchman/

forumtemp039.JPG

forumtemp040.JPG

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Really nice freehand and tone, but I can't tell why there's a boot in that tap.

Listen to the podcast to find out :)