Duck21’s Malifaux Blog.

Duck21

how the hell could i have missed this thread up to now....? Seriously this is about the best stuff i've seen for quite a while... and keeping in mind what the others here on the board manage to do that quite means something... what are you? some devilish monkeydaemon with brusshes for fingertips? do you do thaat for a living?

makes me feel like all my stuff is... well... for the bin ^^

• 1 month later...

Just finished The Dreamer, Avatar of Imagination. I thought putting this portal like miniature on top of warped Victorian stairs would add to the composition. Notice a rag doll and a teddy bear are been blown away by the wind coming out of the portal. Scroll down to see unpainted version so you can see what was sculpted. I used milliput yellow grey.

Finally there’s a picture of unpainted blessed of December. The corpse she’s holing is taken from mantic zombie sprue.

mal009.JPG

forumtemp022.JPG

forumtemp023.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good there man!

Shame you couldn't make Sunday. I'm looking to organise a MaliQuest at the store with David, think you'll be interested?

- Oh and to everyone reading this? As awesome as these photos are, they don't do justice to them in the flesh. These are paint jobs/bases that need to be seen in person to be believed!

Can you describe how you made the carpet? Just a run of putty and scoring the edges for the tassels?

Not exactly. First I did what you said, made line of putty and scored it with a knife. But then I press moulded it so scored marks became raised areas.

post-10872-13911927842827_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duck21

• 1 month later...
Your skill is inspiring. Fantastic bases and painting on your miniatures. Do you seal/clear coat your miniatures to prevent chipping?

No I stopped using varnish years ago. It’s easy to ruin a model with varnish. And I very rarely play with them.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Sorry for imposing on your thread i was wondering if anyone in the uk knows of any good suppliers? Having seen your work duck21 i really want to try painting some of these models :)

Your works are trully stunning. I am envious of your skills

They available from Wayland Games, directly from GCT Studios, or Leisure Games.

Glad you liked Bushido range.

This is what I’m brining to Salute 2013

forumtemp026.JPG

Edited by Duck21
  • Like 1