Favorite Effigy and Reason Why?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For looks, the Carrion effigy wins, followed by the Hodgepodge.

For utility, the Arcane effigy gets it, followed by the Brutal.

The Mysterious effigy is in the middle of it all for me.

As a side note, i am also intrigued now...

Can Zoraida take effigies and still make a Voodoo Doll? I know she can take as many effigies as she likes, but...what about the totem restriction?

For looks, the Carrion effigy wins, followed by the Hodgepodge.

For utility, the Arcane effigy gets it, followed by the Brutal.

The Mysterious effigy is in the middle of it all for me.

As a side note, i am also intrigued now...

Can Zoraida take effigies and still make a Voodoo Doll? I know she can take as many effigies as she likes, but...what about the totem restriction?

Neverborn ignore aetheric demands so can have as many effigies as they like and still connect a totem.

Had another game that proved the Brutal was worth its weight in gold the other day. The model that lasted the longest and would have taken out Von Schill if it weren't for the Augmented Jump. Still got my butt kicked because I lost Sonnia way early in the game, but Brutal Effigy nearly turned the tide for me. And a four-point model that can take a beating from aSeamus and a couple Belles without immediately going down is pretty cool. It also has a Magical weapon, always a useful thing to keep handy against Ressers.

Edited by NeuroFire

• 2 weeks later...

Voted arcane. Ruleswise, in some crews, it rocks, hands down. Great with Z, great with pandora, great with colette. Both for arcane reservoir, conduct aether, and aetheric bolt. Obviously, against some crews, or with some crews (tina springs to mind, or ramos) then it loses a lot of effectiveness.

Brutal is also great, rules wise IMO. If I wasnt taking a totem for guild, and I didnt take any special forces, then I'd always include it. For 4 points, I think it's miles better than stalkers and death marshals. Also find it good, if a bit slow, in NB crews.

Have the mysterious on my desk right now, yet to use it, but I LOVE The model. Its gorgeous. Not so keen on the hodgepodge, or the carrion ruleswise, but I plan on picking up the carrion to paint eventually :)

Voted arcane. Ruleswise, in some crews, it rocks, hands down. Great with Z, great with pandora, great with colette.

IMO collette losing the ability to summon doves is never a good thing. All the arcanists have a totem which is too good value to give us for the effigy (and kaeris can't ever take it). Arcane effigy is purely for neverborn.

I vote brutal since it adds easy healing to crews that otherwise struggle to include much of it. Plus it's very good value even without the healing.

IMO collette losing the ability to summon doves is never a good thing. All the arcanists have a totem which is too good value to give us for the effigy (and kaeris can't ever take it). Arcane effigy is purely for neverborn.

I vote brutal since it adds easy healing to crews that otherwise struggle to include much of it. Plus it's very good value even without the healing.

Nah, I used it to good effect with Hamelin in my Nico crew ('cause what does he need the vulture for, honestly?). And extra card, and ability to have the opponent discard card(s) and an additional AP for Nico. Yeah, it's good stuff. He's worth 5 points into that capacity IMO if you take Hamelin (which there is definitely call for in certain crews).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have to say that the Arcane Effigy rules wise is very good.

Arcane reservoir, (1) action to give the leader an additional casting AP are top drawer abilities.

Not to mention a (0) action attack and normal (1) melee and range attacks that targets Ca. Great for getting around those pesky high Df models for softening up or the killing blow.

I can see how it can hamper some arcanist masters who would prefer their totems, but since I'm running a Neverborn crew ATM, it doesn't detract from them at all, only adds.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Carrion

Usually the only time I use him is if I want Army of the Dead, I plop him in a corner and he poops out corpse counters every turn. Gaki can do the same thing but he's slower and easier to kill.

...Wait, what? I'm not aware that either of those models has the ability to "poop out" corpse counters. I thought it was just Morty that could dig up those things.

Carrion effigy is definitely a good looking model, but its uses are sadly limited from what I've seen.

Yeah, I voted based on play style, not art. Honestly, I think the art on all five is top-notch, and I love the way each of them combines notable traits of all four masters from their Faction.

They look great, but could we either bump them up to ht 2 or recast them as actual ht 1 models? Some of them are taller than typical ht 2s.

Only ever played Brutal, and have not been disappointed with it so far. Sure, it's not a fast model, but Guild is not a mobility faction in general. For four points I get Melee Expert, Healing, decent stats, and most importantly a magic weapon. I usually take it instead of a Witchling Stalker with Sonnia or LadyJ, rarely with Perdita, and never with Lucius or Hoffman.

I also play Neverborne, but it's mostly been Guild in the last year or so, so my vote goes to Brutal for my positive experiences with it so far. On paper Arcane looks good with the 'borne, and Mysterious might work as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question for the Brutal effigy. If taken with Collodi and Collodi does Puppet Show + cast Breathe Life on him can you stack the (+1) Mellee Expert? Effectively giving the Brutal 5AP in combat + a zero action to heal in each turn?

If true then thats just nasty...

I have a question for the Brutal effigy. If taken with Collodi and Collodi does Puppet Show + cast Breathe Life on him can you stack the (+1) Mellee Expert? Effectively giving the Brutal 5AP in combat + a zero action to heal in each turn?

If true then thats just nasty...

No, you can't. Specific Ap doesn't stack.