Trying to Pick a Master for Ms. Squidpidge

Piranhamoose

I've been running the gremlins for almost two years and have finally decided to branch out. After reading through the rules for the various masters and henchmen, I picked up Molly's box set. Mostly, it was because of the concept behind the crooligans and Molly's back story. I do understand though that, on her own, Molly tends to have a pretty weak selection for minions when she's leading a crew, so I'm trying to figure out who I'd like to run her with.

Now, I understand that she's usually intended to run with Seamus, but I'm not a big fan of his. Again, mostly because of the back story. So, I was strongly considering running her with Nicodem. I think they synergise well in regards to summoning and buffing minions.

However, I do already play outcasts, and if I pick up Leveticus, I can run her in an outcast crew. This would give me more options after flipping for scenarios. I also see plenty of synergy between them via the necropunks and Molly's whispered secret.

Either way, they're both masters that I'm interested in picking up eventually, and Molly could help quite a bit with mobility and the crooligans can give them both plenty of cover as they move up the board, not to mention helping protect hollow waifs if I go with Leveticus. Mostly though, I'm just interested in any input people have.

For me all the book 1 Resser masters like her for different reasons. I have yet to pley her with McMourning but she can make him faster with Imbue Vigour, plus she can copy a few of his spells. Nicodem has the same uses for her.

One of our local players sometimes runs her with Levi, he seems to like her with him but I havent had any first hand experience I'm sorry.

I also don't like Seamus for similar reasons.

I use Molly with McMourning. She can summon Belles (with corpse counters provided by canine remains in an emergency). Belles use Lure to bring enemy models in range. McMourning finishes them off.

I am growing to like her with all 3 book one masters for different reasons.

With Seamus, she speeds up the crew even more and just brings some interesting utility unless you are facing immune to influence crews. (You know, that broken OP thing... ;) )

With Nicodem, I like that she can add more rigor mortis to the mix as well as have Reanimator endure beyond his manifestation, however she is costly for me as I always have another 8 points earmarked for 3 dogs and an avatar, so with her and a grave spirit, thats 18 points of "I don't do damage" already taken.

With McMourning I am still experimenting.

What I really like is if I go hard-core chopping turn 1 and get a Rogue Necromancy out, she becomes money with additional Acid-Spells dropping around the board.

That is VERY cool to me for three reasons:

1. Since she has it, her totem does too and his casting it does not make it go away.

2. It hits against DF, giving her a much needed alternative when you are up against things that are immune to all her WP spells.

3. If McMourning manifests before the Rogue dies, she can bring out Sybelle when the Rogue does die...

That having been said, I still like her most with Seamus but recognize that you do not like him.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention another reason I like her with all three masters is that at least one Rotten Belle is pretty much an auto-include for me with all 3 original masters, so its nice to bump her walk up a bit for lure positioning. And sometimes I have more than one belle :)

Edited by Gruesome
additional comment

I also don't like Seamus for similar reasons.

I use Molly with McMourning. She can summon Belles (with corpse counters provided by canine remains in an emergency). Belles use Lure to bring enemy models in range. McMourning finishes them off.

Just remember that it takes 2 Corpse Counters for her to summon a Belle, Horror with a 30mm base size or Necrotic Machine. With Nicodem and McMouring this will hurt a bit more since they are more dependant on Corpse/ Body Part counters than Seamus.

She is actually fairly good for Levi and since she is another Grave Robber Corpse Counters will continue to drop when he is not on the board.