Toronto inbound

Mako

I'll get down to them this week sometime if I can, failing that at the weekend. I want to ask him if he'll be getting Book 4 in next month anyway!

Achievement league sounds good, and I'm always up for painting and sculpting stuff too. And unofficial henching where needed. Seems like we've got a good mix of experience and players, which seems a good way to start to me.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DG is about a 3 minute walk from TTC and there's a green P for parking about the same distance away. Play space is very large. I haven't had a chance to talk to the owners though, I tend to hench more at my friend's store in Oshawa as its easier for me to organize events there, but I'd be happy to lend a hand with events at as many locations as we can manage

Mister Shine, I also think that an e-mail list would be perfect. A google groups, yahoo groups or whatever has the advantage of being "searchable", so people in the area searching for Malifaux Toronto would also find us and could join the group.

I will send out an e-mail to your e-mail above.

I was just thinking that a Facebook group or other site would be a good way to potentially attract attention.

From what I've read, only a fraction of a given userbase usually visits the forums, and considering the dozens of sub-forums here, I imagine it must be easy for information to get overlooked unless someone is particularly dilligent.

I know not everyone uses Facebook, so maybe something like meetup might be a better idea, but good as an email list is, a common site to go for info before and after the fact seems ideal to me, perhaps used in tandem (email list for giving a heads up, meetup/google group/facebook group/whatever as backup/extra)?

Hey, just to mention in the thread for those that not joined yet, a group was created:

malifaux_to at yahoogroups dot ca. So, if you are in the area, feel free to join us.

Also, my search found the TNMG google group that seems to be from the people playing specially at meeplemart, but also from other places and the http://www.tabsonline.net/ .

I am joining them and as we move forward we can see what works best for everybody.

Will probably take us that long to get sorted out! Mind you, I have just discovered that there's a huge casting chemical supplier just off the end of the danforth bloor subway, so I think I may have a field trip soon. It appears I can get everything I need after all!

Ok, I went by dueling grounds, they have plenty of space, tables and terrain, all free for our use. They also stock some Vallejo paint, which made me happy. Met up with Mr Shine there too.

No Malifaux stock, but we can work on that as we get people playing I guess. Then we'll be able to show that there's a market for it, not just a couple of items!

• 1 month later...

As a Mordheim fanatic, I love Malifaux and have wanted to get into it. I even bought most of the original Gremlin line (Somer & Ophelia boxes plus some blisters) to use for my Warhammer Gobbos, if nothing else. The rules of Malifaux are interesting so I'm looking at actually making some crews.

That said, I'm from Brampton and frequent X-Planet in Mississauga. My wife doesn't drive so my time for gaming is very limited but I can usually schedule something.

@xKoBIEx Hi, I live not too far from XPlanet, and we could try to schedule a game or ten... the only problem I see there is that it closes quite early during the week, like 8pm if I am not mistaken... so it would have to be early...

Lionel has been keeping the shop open later on certain days. Once I get my crews rounded, I'll PM you for a game.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my models. I've been cleaning them up and there is still more work to be done but I think I'm ready to give Malifaux a shot in a 35 SS game with Collodi.

My crew is:

Collodi w/ 0 Pool

4x Marionette

3x Stitched Together

2x Wicked Doll

Weaver Widow

Mysterious Effigy

I have a Teddy ready to be summoned along with 1 official Wicked Doll and a bunch of Puppet Wars models that I plan on making custom cards for.

Collodi and Weaver Widow have been cleaned but not assembled, yet. I want to do some putty work with them before they get primed.

As far as future purchases go, I'm probably done for a bit. But, I would like to complete my set of Effigies. I currently have Mysterious and Hodgepodge since they are such cool models. I do hear that Brutal is a hard hitter and may get him next.