Introduce Yourself

Justin

Hey all I'm very new to Malifaux but a lot of people at my local club play, I was recently shown a game and thought it was excellent. Now I've decided to take the plunge  (a campaign was going on until recently) and buy some models and assemble my own crew. Now I just need to decide what to buy... 

• Like 1

Hello all. Just got done reading the core rules, so now I'm faced with the hard decision of which faction to play. I'm leaning hard toward the Neverborn; they are included in the starter set, and I also really like the theme and models. Second in line would be the Resurrectionists. The game looks fun, fairly simple to learn but with a lot of depth. Maybe we'll meet across the tabletop and see who fate smiles upon!

• 2 weeks later...

New to the new edition although I have some experience with 1st Edition. Extremely interested in the Von Schills and the Ortegas based on what I've read. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Glad to be a part of the community again.

TheInfidel

Greetings one and all!

Fanatic arcanist player here :D

I've started playing this game for almost a year but i didn't have the opportunity to introduce myself properly here.

My first master was Rasputina, followed by Ramos and then Kaeris. Pretty much thinking about getting the whole faction. After that maybe the Hoffman box, to use my machines in another faction, but that's in the distant future. Next target is Colette.

Have fun playing, everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. Totally new to Malifaux. I used to play WH40k 3rd-5th edition. I haven't gamed in about 8 years and would like to steadily get back into it.

I've been looking over Malifaux since it can out just never invested into. I'll start off with the rulebook (obviously) and them look at the Factions. 

Hi, my name is Rad but someone already used my name for their user name so had to use my Harleys name. Had a great time at Origins Game Fair and met the team from Wyrd. I am now putting together the Hired Swords and looking forward to trying and playing the game. I am real excited about learning this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, Pittsburgh, PA - started playing Magic awhile ago and that was kind of my gateway getting into games in general. First miniatures game was X-Wing, then a friend got me into Malifaux. Bought most guild stuff and currently painting it and putting it together. 

• Like 1

Well, I'm Zach. Been playing tabletop RPGs and board and card games since I was 8 or so, and did some mini war games starting last year. Found Malifaux this year and have been absolutely hooked! The models are absolutely gorgeous, and after buying a few sets based solely on looks I actually have a good Guild, Outcast and Neverborn crew set.

Just need to find more people to play with close to northern kentucky... The closest active Malifaux-ing to me is more than an hour away. Sad face.

Hello, my name is Mirko from Italy and I'm a "returning player". Mainly abandoned after a cople od demo as noone was palying close to me.

Now seems things are changed and I'm going to have a match tomorrow. Just removed the dust from Lilith crew and ... we will see!!

• Like 1

Suppose I best introduce myself having been here since February.

I started playing in the middle of last year with the sole intent of going one crew and one crew only.

So I bought Lilith and a ton of Neverborn...

Then I bought Zoraida
Then I bought Ophelia
Then I bought Som'er....

Something went wrong....

I live on the cold harsh rock that is the Isle of Man - home to the magnificent TT races!

Any questions feel free to drop me a PM (or on here)

A friend and I demoed Malifaux @ Origins and we're hooked. He bought the starter and a bunch of Gremlins. I got the Mei Feng and Ramos crew boxes. Now we're hoping to build a player base in the Bristol, TN area. Message me if you live or play nearby.

About me a bit... I've been in IT for a long time now... long time.  Transition from a regional supplier to a local University was  a huge boost in my lifetime expectancy. I have been slogging through my wife's Zombicide addiction... meaning she loves to play the zombies, but not necessarily wanting to paint them.  I definitely wanted something to intersperse between the zombie batches (not even starting a countdown until I get under 100 of the suckers... and that's not counting Black Plague).  I'm a voracious reader.  We both do local theatre and have several leading parts a year... hopefully cutting back on some of the backstage stuff this year.  As I don't watch much TV (Into the Badlands being my exception), my relaxation comes from hands on activities... I just wish I had a local game store.  I'm sure there are some fellow nerds in the deep piney woods of East Texas, but we haven't managed to find each other very well yet.

Been looking at Malifaux for a little while, but was not wanting to start in on a new game where I could see myself buying a lot of models just to paint and not have anyone to play against, at least until I was done with Zombicide.  But somehow, I managed to convince my wife that she should try miniature painting... and that it was something we could do together every other Friday night (you know, so not to scare her away).  She enjoys coloring, and has a good eye for it.  I told her it was just like 3D coloring, or something... don't remember exactly.  What does matter is that she said "Yes!" (or probably like "I guess we could do something like that", but I remember it as "Yes!").  I then gave her a choice of miniature lines... again so I didn't scare her away by saying "here's your minis! good luck!".  She chose Malifaux and then Kirai out of the groups of crews.  Excellent!

Wait a minute... she chose Kirai? Should I be scared?

If we haven't killed each other in 20 years of marriage, I should be ok.  I was all set with my Ten Thunders and Shen Long... just waiting on payday (the bad thing of a University... payday is once a month on the 1st).  And then Wyrd went and releeased Parker Barrows.  He and his crew look like some of our long time RPG characters.  So now... I don't know... may depend on what is available after next week!