Introduce Yourself

Justin

New (I've actually been lurking here for a long time becasue I liked the models) group of italian players starting malifaux...and I'll probably be the one tasked with asking newbie questions and looking on the rules forum for strange erratas and/or marshals rulings.

We're still few in numbers and without a henchman, but the goal is to spread madness...ehm...joy and fun as much as we can.

Now, if I could only decide which master I like most...

Hello all, my name is Toby and i live in London.

To cut a long story short, i'm not a huge fan of anything Dark or Macabre, but i had a go with Malifaux at Salute 2012 (with which i had the honour of meeting Ratty in person!) and i enjoyed the mechanics of the game.

And so i got into the game, and the fluff is pulling me in as well! Better than any other game system i came across so far.

I have yet to play a game, so any Londoners (especially from the South), please give me links addresses for regular clubs so i can get up and going! Got my Collodi Crew painted, my Retro Fate deck in hand, etc. All i need now is someone to defeat... erm i mean play against!

Hi there,

My name is Tim, and I have played my first game of Malifaux yesterday. I manage the website for our local gaming club, Alphen Games Guild (The Netherlands), and Sunabe, Henchmen wannabe, has introduced me to the game. Had a lot of fun running Viktoria, ending the game in a draw as the last exploding construct took out my last dude.

Determined to play more Malifaux, and am devouring the forums and the wiki atm to decide which crews to play. Really liked the game, as opposed to other skirmish games like Warmachine, which just didn't interest me.

Hello one and all!

Kristian is my name, I live in central Sweden and only came across the Malifaux rulebook yesterday in the local gamers club. Had a peek in it with my friends and more or less fell in love with the Freikorps artwork. Have been spending the day looking it all up, and it seems like a game I would enjoy, not to mention the fluff fits my tastes almost perfectly.

Hi, my name is Tim and I am new on the forums, and new to Malifaux.

Ar our local gaming club I was introduced to the game by henchmen-wannabe Sunabe. Having played lots and lots of warhammer 40k, and really disliking Warmachine, I was sceptial about this new game. i loved it! i played the Viktoria's against Rasputina. We did a simplified scenario that ended in a draw with my last minion blowing up the last construct, which took her out.

So I have spent hours and hours allready at the site and the pullmyfinger wiki. Trying to figure out what crew to start with.

Really looking forward to more games!

Hello to everyone,

Name is Josh, current GW employee and found Malifaux through another employee. I'm brand new and am awaiting my Dreamer box set and some additional models. Decided to go with the Dreamer because the models are fantastic. Looking forward to playing my first game this weekend.

yes the malifaux plauge has spread to another in derbyshire a few old friends have gathered to do battle and all are lookin forward to it and we all know that the bayou boys n girls will come out on top

Hello I'm assuming your from the same play group as Addonexus?

If not then Heanor's becoming some sort of Malifaux hot spot ;)

Been posting already but never introduced myself, so I thought I would get that done.

My name is Joshua and I've been playing/painting mini games for 24 years (sounds like an opening for a support group meeting).

I absolutely loved the mini's but was a little leery about what the rule set would be. I dropped a lot of old games because of poor rule sets and over the years settled into one game. I did not think I would ever trust a new game, but after seeing all the well sculpted minis, the excellent background and characters, and then realizing it was played with a card mechanic (Im a sucker for something else than dice) I had to try it out.

I picked up a few crews I really liked aesthetically, and played here and there over a years time. Just recently I began to play a lot more, and delved in to the more complicated aspects of it and really have fell in love with the game. It convinced me to dive in head first; so I picked up 3 full factions (damn near the entire lines of those 3) and a smattering of outcasts.

Is the game perfect? Nah, but its close enough. There is a lot I think that needs more clarifying, and things that need to be brought into balance. But I have been watching the company work on these things and listen to its player base (but doing so without a knee jerk reaction, which never turns out well) so I have a lot of faith in Wyrd.

I am looking forward to being a part of Malifaux for a long time.

I suppose I should introduce myself, as a first post.

My name is Rich (known elsewhere as the Army Altaholic), and I have been playing some form of miniature game or another since Battledroids. (Earlier, if you want to count Car Wars.) Easily since the mid-80s.

I play (or own) a variety of different games - WFB and 40k of course, but also Warmachine, the Spartan game lines, and a few historicals. I confess that I have not actually played a game of Malifaux yet - I have heard good things about it and the figs are cool, so when I had the chance to snap some up in a trade, I did so.

Now, I have to get over to the Wyrd booth at GenCon and learn how to play. And, I like the look of the Rail Crew - I might have to pick them up too.

Hi everyone!

My name is Cameron, I have been Wargaming for about 4 years starting off with Warhammer Fantasy and 40k, I find both a little dry and boring now so earlier this year moved onto Malifaux and now I am hooked on it, my current aim is to play Marcus competitively but I want to have some fun with him as well, I have played the game a wee while and I am relatively familiar with the mechanics.

I am a big Rugby fan and dabble in Airsoft and I am also a very patriotic Scot who is unfortunately situated in Swindon.

Hope to have some interesting discussions and debates and form what I have seen so far this is an excellent forum.

Mr. Soulstone.

Hey amor! Lilith is a blast to play! While ressurs is my home faction, Lilith was my first master of the neverborn. Have fun With the switcharoo

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

@ warlordgarou you better watch yourself mister. There's Ohioans afoot on these forums. ME! Well was from there. I'm just messin around I don't really watch sports.

Anyways welcome to the forums. The new plastic do look pretty fantastic.

Hi all.

I'm Norbert. I live in Poland, Warsaw (so if someone live around and would like to play...).

At the moment I'm playing Arcanists (Kaeris) but I kinda like all of the fractions.

Especially new Thunders set caught my attention and I can't wait to get my hands on them. ;)

My biggest dream is to become a Henchman, finally organize players at my area and bring the new people to the game. I found a store that is willing to help (by hosting events) and I hope Wyrd won't turn me down ;)

Hey Everyone, Im New to Malifaux only played a couple games no really serious ones yet. Started with Sonnia because I liked her story and Then went into Ramos becaus I am a union steamfitter out of washington DC and was amused that I could play some in the game also. Looking forward to being involved in the forum and getting some good games in the future. Also looking forward my first trip to Gencon this year.

Hi iam steve your hero I like to play shemus and belles I hate sybelle model so I replaced her with alice in wonderland reaper mini and I use the white rabbit instead of copycat killer getting ready to play kiria I am just a little confused on how she works any help would be gratefull I did have sonja cridd crew and lady justice crew and ortegas until someone broke into my car and stole them My paint jobs were very unique papa loco was pantless I have been playing for a year now gettin good at destroying vicktoria and von shill who I hate

Hi,

Belated hello. I am new to malifaux. Picked up a Dreamers boxset as i liked the models but have been advised it isnt necessarily the best master to start wwith. Played my first game last night (using a borrowed Viktoria crew) and enjoyed it.

I live just outside north london.

Hello. :")

I'm new to Malifaux, and new to mini-based gaming in general. My boyfriend introduced me to Malifaux, and I fell in love. I mostly play Arcanists, with Ramos and Rasputina, and Mei Feng on her way to my hands. I've yet to win any games, but I'm reading up on strategies and practicing, so I'll get there eventually.

Hey everyone I'm D-A-C

I'm a long time Warhammer 40k player (and member of Heresy Online in case anyone else is too) who has recently come across Malifaux.

I had never really considered ever playing other gaming systems, but after trying a game I became almost instantly hooked.

I've always been big on fluff and stories so I love all the unique characters and models available in Malifaux, and I like how two crews can have completely different objectives, rather than just standing and shooting one and other (although they can still do that too!)

I also like how its on a much smaller scale than 40K so it costs alot less to begin with, is easier to transport for gaming events, and is easier to paint as you can focus on a small selection of detailed and great looking models rather than painting masses of the same models.

I'm a huge fan of style and rules for Seamus, so I will more than likely have him as the Master of my first crew, but if I'm honest, I'll hopefully one day have all the ressurectionist crews as they are my favourites (although I do have a soft spot for Lady Justice and Perdita crews).

Enough about me though, let me just finish by saying hello to all you other members.

Hello. :)

Hey everyone I'm D-A-C

I'm a long time Warhammer 40k player (and member of Heresy Online in case anyone else is too) who has recently come across Malifaux.

I had never really considered ever playing other gaming systems, but after trying a game I became almost instantly hooked.

I've always been big on fluff and stories so I love all the unique characters and models available in Malifaux, and I like how two crews can have completely different objectives, rather than just standing and shooting one and other (although they can still do that too!)

I also like how its on a much smaller scale than 40K so it costs alot less to begin with, is easier to transport for gaming events, and is easier to paint as you can focus on a small selection of detailed and great looking models rather than painting masses of the same models.

I'm a huge fan of style and rules for Seamus, so I will more than likely have him as the Master of my first crew, but if I'm honest, I'll hopefully one day have all the ressurectionist crews as they are my favourites (although I do have a soft spot for Lady Justice and Perdita crews).

Enough about me though, let me just finish by saying hello to all you other members.

Hello. :)

Welcome aboard. Can't tell where your from since you haven't set it on your profile but if you want to find players in your area check out our find a game thread = http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?29277-Find-a-Game-Opponent-(new-easy-to-read-version)