Calling ALL BRITISH Malifools!

Malandres

I guess we could let you play with us. ;-)

Cheers, we is just me at present, but I imagine more will come along once dates are there. How many do you have willing?

5 teams of 6 (each faction has to be used once)

Kudos for taking bull by horns and getting things rolling, if NI can't get it's own team, how would it look? Sorry to be awkward

Can I suggest we have England North & England South teams (dividing line TBD) to make it 6 teams, which leads nicely into 5 rounds over 2 days.

Had thought same, but we might scupper you, sorry. Will double player finding efforts

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of splitting it, it would ease selection for England.

@cunning stunt: I guess you would be eligible for southern England as that is your residence location.

Would the divide be Birmingham?

Hopefully get dates confirmed with fees etc by end of the week and then start working on selection/rules pack :)

So after some deliberation with CunningStunt..I have a plan.

1) The North/South divide for team England will be along the Derby, Burton & Mansfield line...this give the South some more competitive players without taking too much from the North +you guys have Yorkshire and Manchester)

2) I shall give the areas until the GT to pick a captain, BUT!! if you haven't picked I will pick the captains from the highest placed persons from the GT.

3) It will be down to team captains to pick their team.

That is all for now.

OK guys, speaking to UkRocky and I am going to use the committe system for picking the captains and then the captain and committee will pick the team.

Here is a basic run down of how the committee will work/be populated;

I'll use northern england as an example

• Every club who is hoping to enter members (So, for example, York, Harrogate, Manchester and...Cumbria)

• Puts forward one non playing member as a committee member

• So Harrogate might put forward Adam Reeve (Iron Skies) and so on.

• People then apply to the committee to be a captain.

• The committee then chat, and decide who's captain

• People then apply for team positions
    (Saying a bit aobut why they want to be on the team etc)

• And the captain says to the committee "I think we should have X Y Z because..."

• The committee then raise any issues until they have a team.

• It means all clubs are fairly represented.

• And it doesn't just become a 'mates club'

I feel that this will make it fairer and give everyone an even chance of being captain and in the team.

Edited by Malandres

Been chatting to dumb luck, and with regards to the non-playing committee member, well, most countries won't have enough, so this will have to be mulled over, chat to you tomorrow Rich ;)

Yeah I'm pretty much the only member of our club who'd be interested, which would make me the comittee member, leaving no one to actually play.

Awesome, those of you on my twitter feed (if you're not follow me @richards2507), will know I am now recruiting for the non-playing committee for selection of the captains and the teams, this was originally going to be individual committees for each nation, but as this would restrict alot of gaming communities that would want to play I have decided on a single committee comprising of all nations.

Spread the word around your clubs for people who would like to take part but just don't want to be in the competitive side of things.