Calling ALL BRITISH Malifools!

Malandres

IT'S BEEN JUST OVER AN HOUR!!! Who you accusing of hidin'???

I might well be up for this throw-down, time/location permitting. How many you thinking of to represent each team? We're for the most part a young enough group, but I reckon we can give as good as we get. And losers will have to face my wrath once we're home. >:-)

Heh....Knew it would work...a quick jibe at hiding and I knew someone would come here :D

I'm thinking about 5 per team...numbers dependant.

Location would probably be Maelstrom for the first one then, depending on who wins, it will be that location the following year

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty, sounds good to me, a weekend of games and the winning team gets the trophy and bragging rights for a year :)

Just good hearted butt kicking for a weekend :)

2-3 could be good, I'm unsure on the player base in Ireland so I will have to rely on your views for that :)

A lot of our players are great, but inexperienced. I reckon I might be able to wrangle up another Henchman and a whipping-boy or two (all with Irish blood and therefore able to drink anyone under the table ;-)) who I'd trust to do us proud.

Hell, we could work out some average system so we just bring who we can and work out results accordingly. Might be more of a laugh that way.

An average system??

Either way. It's your baby. I just thought it might be a way to get around limiting who can come due to a full team not being able to make it or something.

deductions for turning up late day 2 due to drink

I disagree. If someone is comatose and can't even stand by morning, that person clearly won in the drinking part of the event and deserves full marks for day two.

That is a valid point you make for the averaging, I think I shall look into all avenues and obviously every team will like to bring their A Team along for best chances of stomping face :D

Hmmm no the person who wins is the one who was out with him and still makes it on time to laugh about the guy who can't drink....

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Hopefully we can get a good level of interest for this though and be able to get a lot of the gamers meeting and bouncing ideas about (it won't just be gaming) as I am sure different areas really have different views on metas etc and what really works for them, could just be a nice change of scene for some guys and bring more of the UK henchmen/players together....I also have a plan for a big UK henchman meet/tournament/booze up but that is for a different thread and different time :)

I get to claim the Rat. Just saying.

For balance and LOLZ I'd suggest something about only one player per faction per team so we keep it fresh.

So, can we get anyone who claims to be of Irish descent...? Because that severely opens up my options with the US.

henchman meet/tournament/booze up

This + 100,000. Just make in Cambridge so I can stay with family. ;-)

Edited by Mergoth

Haha....We will use ETC ruling of you need to be located there for 4 years and be accepted by the national captain/team following vote :P

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I like the idea of one faction per player per team...should help not seeing a team of Hoffbots or a team of Zoraida/collodi

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Also does anyone know if Team NI could possibly have enough to field?

I'm planning on what nil us suggested having a tournament where the winner is team captain, then it is down to the captain to pick the other 2 members for the team (although I would like all teams to pick the best players, I would rather teams be welcomed back the following year rather than crush all before them and induce a negative play experience for the others)

Also does anyone know if Team NI could possibly have enough to field?

5 people would be easy for us, personally, I would need a lot of notice to get travel arrangements sorted though (damn single parenthood). Was getting annoyed Team Plymouth was considered before us though :P Will spread to a few places today, get a response and pop back on. Was considering the other day why ETC doesn't cover Malifaux, might start :) How would 5 teams work best? 5 rounds each team missing a round to help refs?

Also, my mum's from here and I'm here 20 years take it I qualify for here, would for ETC things

It will be the latest can see it being more October time tbh

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

OK, so with the guys here that have expressed an interest, what months would be best for everyone (january being the masters).

September?

October?

November has the GT.

December?

I think the first one shall be at maelstrom, beings that is a central location.

Teams of 4 or 5 seems the best bet (I know Ireland would prefer 3) as this gives more people a chance to play.

My intention is to let Team captains pick their own team.

I would like to have 4 rounds and then have one team each round that won't play (used as extra referees etc)

What is everyone else's views on this?

I think who plays for team England will be hotly contested. Who decides who's in?

Winners of team GT?

To make it interesting I'd suggest a playoff between the top 3 teams but one of those teams might find it hard to field a full compliment! :Smug_Puppet1:

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

I have always felt that a true team event should field a player for each faction, with some pre-game decision making on which faction is sent to complete the Strategy on each table.

Although Maelstrom is a good venue, and is central within England, it isn't necessarily central with folk travelling from Wales, Scotland, NI and Eire (who invited them?). It might be easier for those travelling furthest if you can find somewhere closer to a port/airport.

I really like the idea of 6 person teams and having it so each master has to be used at least once :)

I won't make a team but I just want to see how this goes before attempting an actual ETC.

Mike I would enjoy all the help I can as I can see this being quite a challenge, Logistically and physically.

I am always open to venue ideas...looking at it liverpool would probably be the best area for the England event (close to Bonny Scotland, Wales and there is an airport/ferry port for the Irish and Northern Irish)

I think as it is after the masters I would look at GT and masters, approach the winner and see if he/she would be interested in fielding a 6 person team against the rest of britain...

February could be a good month (quiet tournament wise, there is a college/school halfterm and it also gives us plenty of time to earn partner points)

Richard

A bit late onto this thread as I'm in Sweden with very limited internet access.

a) i'm interested in playing or helping organise (as I'm unlikely to be top 6 of any country I could even loosely claim allegiance to

B) all factions to be represented is a good idea

c) may need more than 4 teams (8 worked great for the Team GT as that gave 7 rounds) - could be up to 2 teams per country or invite some European teams - not that much further to travel!

d) central location is good - I'd suggest running it at UK Games Expo in Birmingham, but that's not until next May (and I have a few ideas for that)!