2 Day Tournament - Norwich - 13/14 October

scuttlebut

Hi boys & girls

I'm running my first event this October in Norwich. The format is going to be 4 30ss matches on Saturday and 3 25ss per player (50ss per side) doubles matches on the Sunday. There will be a winner each day and an overall winner. Doubles pairings will be picked randomly on the Sunday morning but pairing requests can be made in advance and where possible will be accommodated. Pull information can be found in the rules pack.

The location will be Lazar House, Norwich. Food will not be provided but there is both a corner shop and a fish and chip shop less than 2 minutes walk from the venue.

Tickets cost £20 for the weekend (one person for both days) or if you can only attend one day the ticket is £12.

Full information including rules pack can be found at www.aftermath-tournament.co.uk/

Any question please email malifaux@aftermath-tournament.co.uk or message me on twitter @jdmickleburgh or post below.

I look forward to seeing you there.

EDIT: 15th October - Results!!!

(After each player is their three scores used for rankings. TPs are 3 for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for loss. Diff is your VP score minus your opponent's VP score. VPs are the total amount of VPs scored).

1. Aidan Kirk - Viktorias TPs: 10, Diff: 14, VPs: 19

2. Joel Henry - Zoraida TPs: 9, Diff: 20, VPs: 27

3. Luke Cocksedge - Leveticus TPs: 9, Diff: 9, VPs: 21

4. Jon Mickleburgh - Molly TPs: 7, Diff: 7, VPs: 23

5. Alan Roderick - Lilith TPs: 7, Diff: 5; VPs: 27

6. Mike Marshall - Ophelia TPs: 7, Diff: 3, VPs: 18

7. Ben Kemsley - Lady Justice TPs: 7, Diff: -1, VPs: 12

8. Matt Spooner - Ramos TPs: 6, Diff: 1, VPs: 16

9. Scott Porter - Colette TPs: 6, Diff: -5, VPs: 20

10. Brookes Martin - Sonia TPs: 6, Diff: -13, VPs: 11

11. Mark Johnson - Viktorias () TPs: 4, Diff: 1, VPs: 18

12. Ben Halford - Viktorias TPs: 3, Diff: -13, VPs: 13

13. Mark Sheppard - Nicodem TPs: 0, Diff: -7, VPs: 11

14. Pete Wright - Kirai TPs: 0, Diff: -21, VPs: 9

(Twitter handles are linked in names).

Best painted - Ben Halford

Wooden spoon - Pete Wright

I would like to thank everyone for coming. I have never attended any form of event that has had such great, friendly, sporting people and it is thanks to all of you that everyone (hopefully) had such a great time. Planning an event is easy, it's planning for unknowns on the day that is hard and due to all of the attendees being so great, nothing cropped up that I had to deal with. Which meant I got to crush you all with Molly filth.

Finally I'd like to remind you to check out the excellent Malifools Podcast which I'm sure will feature great discussion about the tournament and also allow Mike to explain what happened at the end of his last game.

Edited by scuttlebut
Entrants and size of games

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turnip picking? Counting the amount of locals that are related to each other?

We'd have the hall in theory for the entire period over the weekend so could easily go out of a meal then back for some board games or go out somewhere in the evening. TBH I haven't given it much thought yet, been a bit focused on getting pack up etc.

Having met Jon over the weekend at the Team Challenge and Mike at the same weekend and the Doubles GT I can happily say if the rest of the local players are the same it'll be a great weekend.

I'll probably be showing you all how Malifaux's baddest Pimp takes care of business.

You don't have to request a master, you can bring whoever you'd like and even use different masters each day. Just for you Aidan, I'll allow it :)

For the pairings, request away but Mike has already got a partner for Sunday - his daughter. She's going to chump bash all of us!

Mike will be honoured that you'd want to pair with him but it might ruin his chance of a spoon.

I bet she's some sort of Malifaux prodigy.

Getting a ringer in Mike. For shame.

There is nothing that I will not stoop to so that I can move from zero to hero in a single year of playing. Firstly I brainwashed Calmdown, now I'm bringing in a genetically enhanced player to help me out with manipulating the fate decks - everyone knows that kids always pull the right numbers when they need them.

Next stage will be to play Kirai