Keltheos

Question

• Answers 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

STITCHED TOGETHERS WERE RUBBISH, Y U CHANGE THEMZ?

Also, where's the Marcus errata to make him non-OP?

In all honesty, love the changes that I've had a chance to read through. Great work. Massively appreciated, and great to see Wyrd listening to feedback!

Agree! Great job. Had one question regarding the FAQ, the clarification regarding Attack Vs Defense and Casting Vs Resist. The FAQ says that an attack is limited to the strike action and the casting flip for a resistible spell is cast vs resist.

Is this in fact an errata to Pg. 18 of the Rules Manual where it defines an attack as:

Attacks with the Melee Icon or Ranged Icon.

Spells with a Melee or Range Icon in their Rg.

Spells that Require a Resist duel.

Strikes with Melee or ranged Weapons.

Actions that inflict dmg or wd on another model, or require an opposed duel.

Does that mean according to the FAQ that if Molly can affect Leveticus with Terrible Secret that his spells will not suffer the -2 twist on Attacks, since the FAQ says an attack is only related to strikes.

Another example, as the FAQ states that spells that do not have a ranged icon are only Casting flips and not an attack filp, can Lilith now target herself with Transposition?

Thank you for the FAQ overall very impressed, and look forward to your response.

Agree! Great job. Had one question regarding the FAQ, the clarification regarding Attack Vs Defense and Casting Vs Resist. The FAQ says that an attack is limited to the strike action and the casting flip for a resistible spell is cast vs resist.

Is this in fact an errata to Pg. 18 of the Rules Manual where it defines an attack as:

Attacks with the Melee Icon or Ranged Icon.

Spells with a Melee or Range Icon in their Rg.

Spells that Require a Resist duel.

Strikes with Melee or ranged Weapons.

Actions that inflict dmg or wd on another model, or require an opposed duel.

Does that mean according to the FAQ that if Molly can affect Leveticus with Terrible Secret that his spells will not suffer the -2 twist on Attacks, since the FAQ says an attack is only related to strikes.

Another example, as the FAQ states that spells that do not have a ranged icon are only Casting flips and not an attack filp, can Lilith now target herself with Transposition?

Thank you for the FAQ overall very impressed, and look forward to your response.

Glad you like it so far!

Here's the breakdown:

• Any Strike or Spell that requires a Resist Duel is an attack (little "a"). A Spell with the ranged icon is a ranged attack Spell.
  • Attack Flip and Defense Flip (capitalized) are specific types of flips in Strikes only.
  • Casting Flip and Resist Flip (capitalized) are specific types of flips in Spells only.

So yes, Molly can affect Leveticus with Terrible Secret, however he would only receive the penalty when attacking with or being attacked by a Strike. It would have no effect on Spells he was casting or were cast on him.

No, Lilith cannot target herself with Transposition because it is an attack (Spell with a Resist) that requires a Casting Flip and Resist Flip, not an Attack Flip and Defense Flip.

Love it especially the clear pictures and careful explanations on the clarifications page. This will be very help as we bring more people into the wonderful world of malifaux. I very much like the shikome and Stitched Changes. The Faq very solid and cleared up some points that we had argued in the past.

I love the simplicity of poison not giving credit to anyone for a kill. Very simple elegant and how my group has been playing it.

Edited by rancor709

Thanks Keltheos, I guess I'm still confused. Terrible Secret gives a negative two twist on all Attack and Defense Flips. A spell which allows a Resist is an Attack, as evidenced by Lilith being unable to Transposition herself. Could you please clarify what the difference is? Thank you.

Once again very great addition from the Wyrd Staff, was very easy to read, and this is the only bit that has me confused. Great Job.

Thanks Keltheos, I guess I'm still confused. Terrible Secret gives a negative two twist on all Attack and Defense Flips. A spell which allows a Resist is an Attack, as evidenced by Lilith being unable to Transposition herself. Could you please clarify what the difference is? Thank you.

Once again very great addition from the Wyrd Staff, was very easy to read, and this is the only bit that has me confused. Great Job.

Attack and Defense Flips (note the caps) only occur in Strikes. Plain old attacks (never capitalized) are that list stated above.

You're mixing Attack Flip with an 'attack'. Which I admit can be a little bit confusing. ;)

Just a question for one more amendement:

Would it be possible to change Pariah from: "This model may not connect a totem." to:

"Crews containing this model can only hire Constructs, Undead and Soulless models, but may hire them from any faction without additional cost. This model may not connect a totem. At the start of the first Activation Phase, summon a Hollow Waif to base contact with this model."

Last question relating to it. If Terrible Secret were cast on Rasputina, would her casting of December's Curse be affected by the negative twist, as it has the ranged Icon in the spell?

Negatory, only Strikes have Attack Flips.

Strike: Attack Flip/Defense Flip

Spell: Casting Flip/Resist Flip

Basically for Terrible Secret, just remember if it's a Spell it's not affected by TS.

When nate texted me about this this was my responce,

"From this day henceforth we shall call this day "The day of the FAQ!" Men will weep in remembrance of the dark days that proceeded and women will beat there beast and exclaim that the days of uncertainty are no longer. Children will be made to learn sonnets and rhymes to keep alive the joy of this, this day of happiness. And let none say that god himself does not look upon this world with such favors that would make the angels weep in envy of our joyous deliverance. Oh this day shall not go unmarked on the hearts of men nay I say unto thee bringer of such glad tidings this day will live on in the hearts of men and glad of it I am, though the right words betray mine tongues for even these words of joy does not bear true witness of the happiness I feel.

... sorry I just got done watching a few Shakespeare plays and I think it has effected me thusly."

But truly I say unto you this FAQ is a gloyrous thing and as much welcome to me as water to a man in the desert.

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by TimeLapse

Dont like when your opponent has fun? :P

When all of my usual opponents can one shot Colette it's good to be able to get out of there before you die as teleporting out a corpse is rarely beneficial. Also this is how I thought it worked anyway, yay.