Team Challenge UK GT 2012 - 23rd and 24th June - NEW THREAD

Neverata

Rules pack is just awaiting hosting. I should imagine that he'll do it today for me seeing as he's such an awesome chap and all that....

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Ah Frankie and Benny's.....Craigs pizza sure was an interesting colour on the bottom!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8472517/Team%20Challenge%20GT%202012.docx

Now who on earth said that Adam wasn't very helpful ;)

Ill put this on the main post too. Timetable is under discussion as it may include something new i'm working on RE some Story Encounters :D If not, a standard timetable of shared strategies will be made available at the beginning of June

Edited by Neverata

Jo, a couple of questions with regards to the rulespack;

- The schemes bit is confusing, as I understand it;

- ALL the schemes in the book are unique for a team on a day. So if X uses assassinate game 1, then Y and Z can't use that till day 2

- The schemes are also unique for a player over the weekend, so X wouldn't be able to use assassinate day 2?

Have to say I'm a little bit dissapointed in how the team format has played out, ie averages along with just straight swiss pairings, but I guess you can't keep everyone happy! :P

No one has run a team event before. So there is such a thing as starting off simple and learning from there.

Wyrd aren't PP, so I knew already that what you wouldn't be happy with the format what with there being no twists in it and no stop on unique models like in the PP rules packs

These are foundations on which to build a better team rules pack format. If you don't wish to be present at the start of a learning curve, then don't attend.

I hope everyone else will be happy with giving feedback like after the doubles and making an impact for the Official Wyrd rules pack of the future

Schemes are unique per individual, there simply arent enough to make them unique per team over the entire weekend.

No one has run a team event before. So there is such a thing as starting off simple and learning from there.

Wyrd aren't PP, so I knew already that what you wouldn't be happy with the format what with there being no twists in it and no stop on unique models like in the PP rules packs

These are foundations on which to build a better team rules pack format. If you don't wish to be present at the start of a learning curve, then don't attend.

I hope everyone else will be happy with giving feedback like after the doubles and making an impact for the Official Wyrd rules pack of the future

Schemes are unique per individual, there simply arent enough to make them unique per team over the entire weekend.

Wow, thanks for the measured and calm reply ;)

Jo, I don't understand your comments about PP, seeing as how I'm currently in the middle of selling all my PP stuff, I just wanted to check there were no limitations on what a team could bring.

With regards to the schemes, I think the sentence that confused me based on what you've just said is, "Schemes are considered unique, meaning that each Team can select each scheme only once each day."

You always want feedback Jo, and my current pre-tourney feedback is that I'd have liked to have seen it being more about the 'teamplay', but as soon as you get feedback you put your link-esque deja wood tree shield on (yeah, been playing Zelda). I know it's the start of a learning curve, but there are tons of other systems out there with teams tournies, some formats tried and tested, some not. Accumulation of points then average it is alright for a team event, but the two things that have made team event stand out for me when I have attended them is the tacticalness behind the matchups and getting them right, and then their being a team score, instead of individual scores added and averaged.

Apologies if you don't want feedback Jo, but, well, I've been to enough tournaments to have some remote knowledge and don't massively appreciate being told that I'm on a PP-wagon (sounds fun though...).

I listened to your feedback, explained my reasons behind a simple format, so now it's up to you if you'd like to attend to make it better in the future.

I'm not getting dragged in to this long post nonsense.

I'm looking forward to the event, because it's helping me shape the way tournaments are run in the future. But im keeping it simple and fun.

Hope people are looking forward to it as much as I am.

Im looking forward to Team Pinks quiz questions personally

Couple of quick comments.

Not sure I understand the scheme stuff, as and when it gets reset, but I'm sure we will muddle along

Love the fact you dropped the painting requirement. Whilst I would far to prefer to play with / against fully painted crews, it is a barrier to entry for noobs so removing it is only a good thing IMO (plus less people to compete with best painted for :P)

55SS maximum requirement, is that per player on the team or for the team overall - if per player I need to get some more models.

When you are drawn against another team is there some sort of pairing process or is it as it looks like from the rule pack, a single game played by 3 players?

Sure I will have more but those should do for a start

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

BTW look at me refering to players as noobs, Pot meet Kettle :)

Hiya Mike

The scheme stuff is exactly the same as the doubles. You can only use each scheme ONCE over the weekend per person. Its 55ss per person. Should only go up to about 50ss and there won't be any brawls.

The pairing mechanic is explained, the highest placing player in a team plays the highest placed member of the opposing team. It is essentially 3 single games but playing as a team for scores and placings etc as a '3 way' isn't doable in Malifaux really. It is a bit like an ETC for PP and your average is used for placings and pairings. With this being a new tournament format for Malifaux, we're starting from the ground up.

But you have to work as a team to make sure your average stays up as two losses will bring a team down!

HA the reason painting is being dropped for this one because its hard to get 3 people co-ordinated for painting which i appreciate. But saying that, I know most people will have MOST models painted, and for the first tournament the focus is more on making it better for next year and having a fun time in the process! Nothing like building a community from the ground up

Edited by Neverata

Has anyone poked him recently?! Confirmed he is alive etc?

Yeah, he's fine :)

HA the reason painting is being dropped for this one because its hard to get 3 people co-ordinated for painting which i appreciate. But saying that, I know most people will have MOST models painted...

Really please with this - my Somer crew is unpainted and I can now take it along with my Hamelin crew :)

OK GUYS AND GALS

http://www.4woodstreet.co.uk/menu.html

http://www.andwhynotworld.com/eve1.pdf

http://www.themintindian.co.uk/menus.html

Here are a few links to alternative eating places which aren't F&Bs. I would suggest we do this Friday night at about 8pmish as I imagine Saturday will be the gaming and drinking night! Let me know your thoughts as i'll want to book something so we get a good chance of something taking us all in!

The mint seem to do a decent kind of four course deal thing as well.

Bit of curry, random stuff and of course if you want to vote for burnt Garlic Bread you can still opt for F&B. If you find anywhere else you prefer, through it into the mix!

Fankies