Team Challenge UK GT 2012 - 23rd and 24th June - NEW THREAD

Neverata

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are few wonders as can compare to the vesuvian delights behest of Neverata's execution in the contingent artistic engagement of which I did claim zenith with my comrades.

Forsooth, and this, your tournament, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones and good in everything.

Verily.

Someone still thinks we are playing Pirate fluxx.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Really enjoyed the weekend, and the surprising result. Thanks to Jo for all the work she put in.

Great weekend!!

Mike cajoled me into coming to this and the main reason I couldnt come was because I m committed to the H/WM ETC event. Two weekenders in a month not good for family life or my pocket especially with Gencon just around the corner too!

I really really wanted to come so I need to thank OldManMyke for persisting but also being understanding.

Yet again I come away from a UK Malifaux event with two constants

1. I love playing Malifaux.

2. The UK Malifaux community is ace cakes AND immensely knowledgeable and helpful and that comes from players with varying levels of playing skills

and Dom ....

and Aidan's mum ....

The players make me smile and laugh so much too and there is a real feeling of "brotherhood" there (and sisterhood too!). The A team tune being sung by all the crowd as Harrowgate A team went up to get the 1st place prize was hilarious only coupled with Dom Dom deDom Dom deDom (to the tune of the Imperial March from Star Wars) when Dom went up with his fellow team members for their prize - priceless community moments.

I was so happy to win my first ever Malifaux game against Andrea who taught me how the push from the dead rider and Nico works.

I was so pleased to actually be scoring VPs in 6 out of 7 games.

I was so pleased to meet JonM our 3rd Malifools team member who we adopted as our son (his idea not ours) for the weekend and for the record Mike was mummy and I was THE DADDY!

Winning the team painting trophy which I honestly thought we would not win this time as James' stuff is REAL nice (Harrogate B?) was the icing - no wait winning the wooden spoon (which will be used for icing) was the icing!

Great to meet Ian and Spike and Adam as well as catch up with some of the people we met at the doubles and have known from other game systems (yes thats you the Welsh lot!)

Finally HUGE thanks and hugs to Jo for putting up with us and running the event despite purse loss, raffle ticket and score sheet loss, being pregnant and putting up with a room full of incompetent gamers!

PS - Mike found the score sheet and cards in the boot of his car when he arrived back home in Norfolk - we both p*ssed ourselves laughing!

Heres hoping I can make it to the GT.

Edited by Nepalese_Ninja

I certainly voted for your stuff James. The Collette stuff in particular is really nice, especially the use of higher bases to emphasise certain models. We were talking in the car on the way home about what we need to do to bring ours up to that level - OSL will have to be the starting point

Even though I'm completely destroyed, it was a good weekend. I'll post full results and shennanigans tomorrow, as tonight I am mainly eating biscuits and nursing a Maelstrom induced cold!!

I think we can all agree, even though Aidan was second a lot, he came first in being a useless Captain and individual over the weekend ;)

We placed third with a tank brush and the oldest, crappiest no 2 brush Mike could find!

Mike always shouts at me - it makes me cry lots.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Believe me James, I remember your stuff from the doubles too and i liked it then. Plaguerism is the highest form of flattery is all I can say ;-)

Even though I'm completely destroyed, it was a good weekend. I'll post full results and shennanigans tomorrow, as tonight I am mainly eating biscuits and nursing a Maelstrom induced cold!!

I think we can all agree, even though Aidan was second a lot, he came first in being a useless Captain and individual over the weekend ;)

But I was first bitch right?

Here we go:

1st - Team Red Jokers 'R' Us - The new Harrogate A Team - Steve Scurr, Ian Brocklebank, Nat Sibley

2nd - Team www.higherclick.com - Aidan Kirk, Ian O'Brien and Adam Naisbitt

3rd - I'm with stupids - The new Harrogate B Team - Craig Johnson, James Doxey and Ant Hoult

4th - The Good, the Bad and the Wyrd - David Brown, Timmy Brown and Verily Edward

5th - The Good, the Bad and the deafening - Adam Reeve, Jamie Forth and Liam Toop

6th - Team Chess Clock - Dom Westerland, Phil Johansson and John Johansson

7th - Team Bend over and take it like your mum - Andrea Davies, Rich Turner and Rich Baker

8th - The Malifools - Mike Marshall, Conrad Gonsalves and Jon Micklebrough

Best Sports - Team Chess Clock

Best Painted - The Malifools

Best Crew Name - Team Bend over and take it like your mum

Iron Painter:

1st Place - David Brown, Timmy Brown, Forsooth Edward

2nd Place (somehow) - Aidan Kirk, Ian O'Brien and Adam Naisbitt

3rd Place - Mike Marshall, Conrad Gonsalves and Jon Micklebrough

Apparently Dom puts paint on like Marmite....

I'll write up some of the shenanigans over the next few days and put a direct link in so that you can all er....enjoy it.

Pictures will be up on Malifaux Minions when I can get Aidan to do it, lets face it, that might be anytime...