Another newb needs help choosing crews :)

As I am in a veritable Malifaux desert I plan on picking up 2 starter boxes and learning the game then running demos for my friend in order to lure my Warhammer friends in. I want Perdita as "my" crew but I need a second crew that fulfills the following requirements:

1) provides a balanced fight against Perdita box-vs-box without blister packs.

2) NOT guild as I want the allure of different fluff/styles

3) will allow the 2 crews to engage in multiple forms of combat (i.e. I don't want to pick up a second crew that will have us taking potshots at each other all game, I want close combat, casting, and ranged to be shown off in demos)

I like Rasputina's fluff but as I am a newb I have know clue if the out-of-the-box matchup will work and be fun on both sides. Will she work, and who else might I consider?

thanks

With the criteria you have put down I'm going to say Viktorias, as they are fast and melee based and easy for new players. There are probably other masters to pit against Perdita, but some like Lilith and McMourning probably need extra models others are also ranged like Ophelia or Rasputina.

Edited by Ratty

I was actually thinking Rasputina (she can alter line of sight with her ice pillars), Seamus (lure models across board in range for his own gun or combat plus plays on the Wp side of things) or The Viktorias (generally cc orientated crew box that has lots of movement tricks with Bishop and the Vikkys, and serious cc clout with Taelor, Johan and the Vikkies)