Malifaux Marshal Law League Painting Comp (Warning Picture Intensive)

Omenbringer

Looking for help from the Wyrd Community in deciding the winner of Go4Games recent Marshal Law league's Painting Comp.

Voting begins today and ends Saturday, April 28, 2012. The Winner will be announced Sunday, April 29, 2012.

Contestant 1

ColetteGroup.jpg

Colette6.jpg

Colette5.jpg

Colette7.jpg

Colette8.jpg

Collete1.jpg

Colette4.jpg

Colette2.jpg

Colette3.jpg

Contestant 2

LadyJusticeGroup.jpg

LJ3.jpg

LJ2.jpg

LJ4.jpg

LJ5.jpg

LJ6.jpg

LJ7.jpg

LJ1.jpg

Contestant 3

KiraiGroup.jpg

Kirai10.jpg

Kirai8.jpg

Kirai5.jpg

Kirai2.jpg

Kirai4.jpg

Kirai7.jpg

Kirai1.jpg

Kirai9.jpg

Kirai3.jpg

Kirai6.jpg

Please cast your votes via the poll above.

I really like all three crews!

Colette and her Showgirls are really well painted, especially the performer in white, and I love their bases with dry leaves blowing around them. The doves too are especially good, but I thought the crew could have done with a little more definition on their faces.

Lady J has a great darkness to her that really helps set the scene for her whole crew: Marching through the streets at night hunting evil. Personally I thought the bases were a little static, though I know not everyone rates the importants of bases the same. The cobblestones tie them together really well, but maybe some weeds, or spalshes of blood could help their overall look.

Kirai's crew is an ambitious change from the standard colour scheme. I love how the seishin appear to be oozing out of the ground, and Kirai and Ikiryo's robes have a great worn texture to them, like the true colours long faded out. Lost love could do with a little more definition in my opinion, and the whole crew would benefit from some crisper highlights, but they carry a great look as is.

That's my opinion anyway! Great work to everyone though, awesome work all round :D

Congrats Oathborne, the Collette crew is great.

Thanks for all the comments and votes on the Lady J crew, I will definitely think about adding some color to the bases. They are very dark as of now (which is the look I was / am going for with most of my guild, although Sonnia and Samael seemed to pull away a bit from that), but may try to add some OSL and some sharper details, etc... to bring some pop to them, as I progress in the whole painting skill.

If it makes you feel any better, Hugor, I quite liked your crew and I was a-ok with the more plain bases as they were well done plain bases.

Absolutely, I didn't find anything at all wrong with your models. and I think you modeled the cobblestones yourself so that gets double admiration from me. I am a big fan of anyone who can use greenstuff/greystuff to their advantage.

Wow pretty neat. I have to agree with the others. Your show girl crew is really great looking.

I was wondering what that goop is on your spirit models. Then I started thinking way back and remember a cool movie called 'Ghostbusters'. Is that pink goob supposed to be something similar as seen in those movies? :)