Oh dear, Not again...

Jewomie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an awesome twist, my girlfriend actually sat down and started to learn the game with me last night. Ha!

Her biggest thing was "how do you remember all this stuff?" so I feel like that is about the best you can expect

YAY!!! I'm excited! Jeremy and I still forget stuff and get it all mixed up. That's why we both have our own rules manual. :).

I'm glad she actually sat down though. :]. Now just to find her nitch!

YAY!!! I'm excited! Jeremy and I still forget stuff and get it all mixed up. That's why we both have our own rules manual. :).

I'm glad she actually sat down though. :]. Now just to find her nitch!

She actually watched a game last night as well. She said it made a lot more sense when you see everything in action vs. reading about it. I'm pretty sure it was also comforting for her to see me and my buddy have to reference the rules manual a hundred times (and I'm somehow known as the rules nazi of my group?) because somehow we forgot every rule. Also, I lost. So, it was a pretty typical game.

Also, the rest of my group and one guy in particular, are stoked to get some play in against you two. He offered up our board here or to travel and would love to participate in a tournament. We have never actually tournamented before and want to get a little practice in before we try and do a big one like GenCon.

Also, the rest of my group and one guy in particular, are stoked to get some play in against you two. He offered up our board here or to travel and would love to participate in a tournament. We have never actually tournamented before and want to get a little practice in before we try and do a big one like GenCon.

Likewise!!! Jeremy and I are thinking about going to GenCon this year since, financially, Adepticon was taken off the table. I'm sure we would both be in on getting some playing in before GenCon. Also it seems like we'll be able to have some people over in our place during GenCon to play some games if people are interested, that is. :D

EDIT: Ninja'd!!!!!

Edited by RebeccaJo

That's great news sir!

We haven't done any kind of tourney before and really want to get something in before Gencon. Mostly because in the last year or so, she's the only person i've played against. Nothing against her really... i'm just looking forward to losing against someone else. ;) Now, the only question is... when?! :D

I'm glad your girlfriend gave it a shot, and that she saw that none of us can remember ALL the rules all the time. :) that's why the rules manual is so damn handy!

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

In addition... when does your group typically meet? you're not that far off, and Rebecca and I would be all for coming there to get some games in. With her school and the job search, and my job (and possible impending promotion) we'd have to plan ahead. but we've talked about it, and would be willing to make the drive. =]

Weekends are pretty much a must for us though. as during the week, we're 50 miles apart and quite busy.

My buddy wants to do a weekday thing (he's a server and typically likes to work weekends) I however don't care, so long as I know two weeks ahead for requests off and such. Weekday or weekend is a little more dependent on your schedules though I think. I have no idea what you guys do or what your schedules are like other than gathering that Rebecca does school.

Maybe memorial day weekend? Although that seems a little far off... My buddy also said that he is would be interested in both us going there and you coming here to do two tournaments.

My buddy wants to do a weekday thing (he's a server and typically likes to work weekends) I however don't care, so long as I know two weeks ahead for requests off and such. Weekday or weekend is a little more dependent on your schedules though I think. I have no idea what you guys do or what your schedules are like other than gathering that Rebecca does school.

Yeah, I'm in college about an hour North of central Indiana, so it would be better to plan ahead. I do understand the server life. Weekends are when you get the best tips. :D

Maybe memorial day weekend? Although that seems a little far off... My buddy also said that he is would be interested in both us going there and you coming here to do two tournaments.

I'm all for Memorial day weekend. :D Although I'm done with classes on May 4th, so once I'm out, maybe we could work out something during the week. That is provided that Jeremy would be able to with work. :] With the possible promotion and all. :D

Edited by RebeccaJo