Since everyone else is doing it. Playing the Guild, or Fighting as the law

Iron Skies

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a long time since I've posted on this thread. No big comments or tournaments to report however getting games in with the wardens a lot who are rapidly becoming one of my favourite Guild minions.

Sadly won't be playing at the GT so won't have any reports from there (Will be showing up on day 2 though)

• 1 month later...

*Blows dust off thread*

Wow, been a really long time since I've posted here. No real developments except for experimentation with crew composition.

I have decided to play around with Perdita for a while and let James have his fun with Hoffman. Currently my usual Perdita selection consists of the below.

Perdita

Guild Hound 3

Guild Hound 3

Watcher 3

Warden 5

The Judge 7

Lucius 10

Leaves 'Dita with 7 stones to play with and The Judge can be swapped out for any minion (Or pair of minions - Witchlings) as needed.

• 1 month later...

Another update with some thoughts on the strats posted up in the York tournament and a game I played on Thursday last week.

Bear in mind this is all from my Local Meta

First up the strats! Going to discuss the shared versions as that is what is mostly played over here.

Contain power. No Real change here. Just kill your opponents leader for 2VP extra 2VP if you killed them with your leader.

For us Guild this has favoured two masters in particular Perdita and Hoffman. Of the two I would argue it is easier for Hoffman to kill the opposing leader due to his crazy damage output (Either Open Circuit or Machine Puppet himself). Both of them are also very resilient so would be hard to take down.

Treasure Hunt. Having already played this version it favours a crew that can hang around near the objective and tank before landing on it turn two and slowly moving back.

Again the Hoffball is a good example for this strat as they have the speed to get there and stay together with the resiliance to tank and move back steadily. Plus a peacekeeper with the treasure is just beastly.

Land Grab.

Recon with a different name. New version favours key positioning and activation control.

Going for objectives early on will hinder Hoffman is almost an autolose due to the cost of his core though if anyone has a load of watchers they can be shifted around to claim other quarters.

Beatdown.

Kill more models than your opponent a turn. Odd that if my opponent kills a peacekeeper and I kill two Gremlins I get the VP for that turn.

Will favour resiliance for the Guild so again looking at Hoff and 'Dita with Lucius and Guardians all the way! Can see my crew for this being Hoff, Peacekeeper, Guardian, Guardian and Lucius. 33 stones in total for a 6 stone Cache. Resiliant and if anyone gets close Hoff can open circuit

A Line in the sand.

Easier to do and replaces Destroy the Evidence, just got to flip one more marker than your opponent to score a turn with a (1) interact from turn 2 onwards to score 1 VP.

Tempting to go hell of leather and get the strat VP's as soon as possible though this will spread your crew out. Can see these games going to schemes with low Strat scores.

Useful masters for this Strat would be 'Dita, Lady J (For that Melee output) and Lucas McCabe.

Master of the Hill.

Just take Hoffman, need to get to the top of a hill or within 6" of a 50mm marker. Person with the most models there gets 1vp a turn up to 4. Take the Hoff, park the ball and whittle down your opponents crew as they come close.

Game! Shared Line in the Sand

Onto the game I played against Steve Scurry on here.

Was 35 stone Outcast Vs Guild.

My Crew consisted of:

McCabe (Black Flash and Paired Saber), Luna, Austringer, Warden, 2 X Dogs, 2 X Guild Pathfinders (31 stones). This gave me 6 stones for my cache (4 from crew, 1 from relics and 1 from dogs)

Steve's Crew was:

The Vics, Baby Misaki, Sue, Oiran, 2 X Ronin, 10T Brother

Schemes : I Chose McCabes own and Kill Protege on Misaki. Steve had First Blood and Exterminate Guardsmen.

I Lost deployment and elected to have the Pathfinders deploy from the shadows. Thanks to their special rules I deployed them on my side of the table but close enough to 2 markers each that I could then place a trap on each marker (For four markers)

Turn 1 saw the crews moving into position and a cheeky Austringer and Pathfinder kill on a Ronin denying First Blood.

Turn 2 saw Steve flipping one Marker and me flipping two for 1VP and one of the Pathfinders being killed. Several of Steve's models wounded.

Turn 3 saw no extra markers being flipped though I piled in on Misaki (Mistake!) I killed Misaki but was consequently Viccy-raped.

Turn 4 Thanks to the Viccy nightmare I had a few traps and an Austringer left. Given only the Austringer could count for flipping the markers it ended a 5-3 to Steve.

Simple thoughts : I was incredably aggressive in that game! Not a good thing when facing the Vic's