Malifaux Masters: A Tier List

Calmdown

That's a very hypocritical stance to take, given you are perpetuating this with these responses to Calm Down.

Cool. This has nothing to do with Calmdown specifically it has to do with general attitudes.

As an example...one person can say whatever they want, but if someone calls them on it...well they're a hypocrite. Thanks for so elegantly proving my point.

There is already a big number of people who have abandoned the forums due to this type of thing....I'll just be one of those.

Good-bye.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The major benefit is that it means you arent rock/paper/scissors'ing so much; building to match your opponent's faction might work in theory, but in practice crews vary so wildly by master that you're really just guessing what they could bring.

That's really the beauty of it though - the Book two Master's, especially those that are Tier 1 - tend to bring VERY specific lists. Kirai is a lot less scary when you have magic weapons. Dreamer can be contained if you have methods to pop day-dreams, etc. Knowing the masters favor the more 'jack-of-all-trades' masters that tend to be lower tier, since they can't build the buzzsaw lists.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

There is already a big number of people who have abandoned the forums due to this type of thing....I'll just be one of those.

Good-bye.

Aww come on now. If you leave the forums I will be sad. Just remember how fugly British women are, and understand the cause of the bitterness and despair in their tone. They can't help it!

In other news, I will run an event in NYC in June, after Adepticon but before all the fooferaw of Gencon. I think we will give this 'announced master' trick a try. Limey's who'd like to make the flight and participate may sleep on my couch(es)

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Edited by Guy in Suit

Cool. This has nothing to do with Calmdown specifically it has to do with general attitudes.

Very specifically, attitudes like yours. The sort that believe it is perfectly okay to start bustling in and telling people how to act instead of clicking the report button, or PM'ing it. Acting as arbitrator, much like I am, is hypocritical, because you are not the arbitrator, neither am I. The only difference is I am aware enough to realise I am doing it, which makes it worse =3c At least I'll make the effort to contribute whilst mewling weakly in some vague self cathartic and entirely unheeded way~

Also, I can't help but feel that crew hiring has become dangerously generic at the expense of niche models that were designed to counter something very specific, often the abilities of a certain master or the minions said master relies upon.

Yeah, the struggle for me there is that with Gremlins, you've got McTavish as your only real neverborn resistant/outcast neutral pick. I certainly see this as the case with some masters, but I know the Exorcist tends to only come up in the Neverborn and Resser match up. While my core gremlin list looks generally the same, I'll build toward the goals in question. I'm more likely to have "Line in the Sand" list and "Slaughter" list, than I would "x master list"

Do you feel Malifaux is at the netdeck stage, where x master is always going to be fielded with near set or modular builds? I mean there is a large propensity for there to be more "faction" specific extras that assist you vs those factions.

How would you envision the difference between how you would build vs ressers, vs how you would build vs McMourning, for example?

Just remember how fugly British women are, and understand the cause of the bitterness and despair in their tone.

Less of the abject racism, please.

Edited by Spiku

Last I checked we weren't a race. ;) Since my mam is British I guess I'm mixed race now, kewl. White and slightly pinker white.

"any people united by common history, language, cultural traits, etc.: the Dutch race."

Racism against Bangladeshi people is the same as being racist against English people; it comes up quite a lot in my line of work. Just like you can be racist against the Welsh. You are indeed mixed race, even if you are an Irish national (I assume)

Your overt bitterness is proving the point - even though it was made in jest - the obvious hyperbole of it would have been more apparent if one had some 'humour'.

And you are wrong, 'race' is derived from phenotypic characteristics - 'British' is not a race - at least not academically speaking.

You'd have been better off providing objective evidence on the contrary!

post-3970-13911922194053_thumb.jpg

post-3970-13911922194211_thumb.jpg

post-3970-13911922194387_thumb.jpg

And you are wrong, 'race' is derived from phenotypic characteristics - 'British' is not a race - at least not academically speaking.

Legal terminology is academic. Cir et id: Institutional Racism as a reference.

My sincerest but I will be reporting the post, even if you do not consider the racially offensive content to merit a response because you meant it in fun

Further reading: http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/prosecution/rrpbcrbook.html

Edited by Spiku