Toy Soldier - Stockport - 21st and 22nd July

ukrocky

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aright dudes! Cheers for the cool weekend.... All in favour of name change to ukbusshelter?! I think it's on the cards ;)

Don't suppose by any stretch of the imagination my arcanists cards were handed in at the end? I left all the cards for my showgirls on the table I was on all weekend... Cheers again dudes!!!

yep - cheers to all for the comp and to ukbusshelter for organising it (even if you were off playing space marines :)

and cheers to dominic and the other henchmen for ref-ing and rules lawyer-ing for us

good fun for all and the n-wales lot will be back to seek revenge for the hammering we took

and dave - you need batman on a bike to use as avatar leveticus for your crew :)

Edited by steelwraith

Loved comp, although there were no Hamelin players or what have you to really test it. I didn't bother taking any of the cheaper stuff and to be honest, in the case for some of them (Warpig, Lenny etc) I'm not sure I would ever want to take them. The system does benefit Guild and Ressers nicely.

I know alot of the organisational problems were beyond your control Craig, but they were all (data entry screw up, you having to play etc etc) was naff. Organisation at the North West Gaming Centre needs to be stepped up for next year, which is a pity as it is one of the best two events in the UK. Terrain was a bit sketchy in spots.

Any trophy winners notice the spelling mistake?

Thanks to Craig for organising it - a truly dedicated effort that even involved checking bus stops out at 3am!

Seriously, though, thanks to Dom, Neil, James, Oliver and Justin for five excellent games that made me work far harder than I normally like to for a hobby!

It was really nice to get a good tournament win, and for the Guild too; it's been a while. I'm really pleased.

Craig, I think the comp pack did an excellent job of levelling the playing field - light enough that nothing felt "cuddled", strong enough that it made people think twice about taking some of the more powerful combinations, well done.

On the tournament format, I really enjoyed the extra time per game and the time between games waiting for the other systems to finish - it allowed me to wander around and chat to people rather than just having my head buried in my games.

Agree with Dom about the organisational side of things - definitely not blaming you Craig, the venue should have all that covered as a matter of course.

And yeah, nice to have a "Maliflaux" trophy

All in all, though, an excellent weekend. Thanks again to all involved.

Cheers

Rob

Edited by 13th Warrior

Agree with what everyone has said. Excellent weekend despite the few mishaps so good work Craig. I'll be back next year and it's given me the tournament bug so hopefully can make a few more.

I learnt so much Vs some great players and every game was exciting but more importantly FUN. That's down to everyone there and can't wait for the GT.

Last of all I found the comp fine, didn't benefit from it although was tempted to use Bishop for about half a second. Played Rasputina in the first game and got flattened (vs Steel) but don't think that was due to the 3 extra SS. Then later Vs Neil's Ramos I think the extra SS made for what was a very exciting and close game.

That is all, Thanks Craig and everyone for great weekend of gaming fun.

Thanks everyone that came.

I'm going through all the results sheets today, so expect results at *some* point, apologies for the admin error, I'm a wee bit annoyed by it.

The tournament itself was the first proper one I've run whilst under the 'cloud' of a bigger overall picture and I definetly put too much faith in Darran for certain things and didn't prepare enough from my end. I can promise next time that the malifaux end of it all will go much smoother.

Apologies also to everyone for my state throughout the weekend :P

Evening everyone.

A couple of thank you's, firstly, to Craig for running the event and secondly to my opponents who showed great patience and sportsmanship in the face of my faltering play. A special mention must go to Nathan who allowed our game to go on way past time and allow me to snatch a draw.

My rule book never turned up, though another was left at the NWGC, has someone perhaps picked up mine by mistake? My name is inside the front cover.

Regards,

Neil

Evening everyone.

A couple of thank you's, firstly, to Craig for running the event and secondly to my opponents who showed great patience and sportsmanship in the face of my faltering play. A special mention must go to Nathan who allowed our game to go on way past time and allow me to snatch a draw.

My rule book never turned up, though another was left at the NWGC, has someone perhaps picked up mine by mistake? My name is inside the front cover.

Regards,

Neil

Yep I've got it. Sorry I must have picked it up by accident. :(

I've only just emptied my bag out and was about to post a lost and found...

Pm me your address and I'll get it in the post ASAp.

Sorry again.