New master concepts?

graeme27uk

And where would Warmachine be if they didn't go with the review of the entire ruleset? Can you seriously say the game would be still growing and gaining new players or would it simply choke itself?

They made huge changes to the game. They increased the scale....introduced tiered lists....created monstrous GW-type models....fully embraced the "infantry-machine" play-style. It is vastly different from it's humble roots. And now you can play an incredibly similar list no matter what faction you play. So for them, vanilla-fying makes sense.

Malifaux is still a character driven skirmish game. Now, I don't disagree that abilities that are exactly the same could be unified - the Shambling = Scout for example or the instant death effects. But I don't think things like Brutal and Crit Stike should be unified. If it is almost the same, but not exactly the same it should be left alone. The unique abilities and characters are part of what make the game.

As far as it being a barrier to game growth....I think the evidence points in the opposite direction considering the game's continuous rise in popularity.

As far as it being a barrier to game growth....I think the evidence points in the opposite direction considering the game's continuous rise in popularity.

The rise in popularity has to translate into sustained player base. There's no evidence pointing in any direction simply because it is too early to say anything. The boom and constant growth you speak about, I've seen it too. But I've also seen the collapse coming from the rules being too convoluted. And again, it is not about simplification or "dumbification" of the rules, but rather of reworking the ruleset with clarity in mind. The players should understand what the opponents' crews do from the get go. They may have to learn how to prevent it, they may have to learn how to pull their own combos off, but the games should never turn into situations where one powerful combo the opponent had no idea about wins the game. It should be clear the opponent has such option. Being able to prevent it or not is what the game should be about. Not because it is the most fun, more casual or better, but because you don't keep players in the game where they have no idea at all how most of the stuff works or what is general idea behind the models they see on the opposite end of the table.

Big gaming communities tend not to notice players who dabbed in and decided it isn't for them. If you have 5~6 Malifaux players, who buy Book 1, full crew, Book 2, second crew... then some more models and then you learn none of them could keep up through the next year (and thus gave up on Book 3), you start to see how the things may look like after the game peaks.

I'm on the side of favoring the story driven rules, with unique ability names that relate to their master specifically. I like to be able to look at a belle and think see the reason she has an ability which is exactly the same as Scout, is because she's a shambling, undead hooker. If I'd seen her card and read she was a Scout, I'd have instantly questioned it as not making sense in relation to her model.

Now I'm a casual player, and Malifaux's the only wargame I play, at the moment, and for me, I love going up against new Masters and not knowing everything they can do from one quick look at their cards. Although it means you're faced with nasty surprises, the game (I feel) is balanced so that you can throw out your own surprises too: Sure Colette can suddenly jump across the board and get out of danger, and drop slow on the attacker, and completely catch your opponent unawares, but you won't forget that next time. And when that happened to me, I was happy when the next turn I could alpha-strike my opponent, who didn't realise my Kin could all companion at once.

I guess I'd much rather have more confusing, and more fluffy rules, where you really get the aww-factor of seeing an opponents models do something entirely unique for the first time, than be able to size them up from a five minute squint at their cards.

P.S. going back a few posts: the prospect of numerous Avatar forms to choose from for each master has me posotively drooling!

Now I'm a casual player, and Malifaux's the only wargame I play, at the moment, and for me, I love going up against new Masters and not knowing everything they can do from one quick look at their cards. Although it means you're faced with nasty surprises, the game (I feel) is balanced so that you can throw out your own surprises too: Sure Colette can suddenly jump across the board and get out of danger, and drop slow on the attacker, and completely catch your opponent unawares, but you won't forget that next time. And when that happened to me, I was happy when the next turn I could alpha-strike my opponent, who didn't realise my Kin could all companion at once.

The problem is what you say does not happen in Malifaux. This is illusion you fall for at first.

In Malifaux you play against Colette, fall in for her tricks, learn how to counter them, bring your crew next week only to discover Colette is now with Kaeris and plays completely different... and you learn all the new tricks again. So you get a henchman of your own, or another master, and that's 10 new minis to paint, so it takes some time... you go to the store and the other player brings out an entirely new crew you've never seen.

And let's say the other player is just as new as you, so he two has to face the changes you introduce and he is in the same boat. Fine, great - that's how the clubs look like when they get into the new game. It isn't unique to Malifaux. Dystopian Wars or Freebooter's Fate - all give the same taste of new game once the community starts getting into them. But there's a reason why people play Warhammer or 40K for 20+ years - certain stability of the game, which allows for what you describe to really happen.

In other words, come to a club where everybody knows the game... and find out that while their crews change with every match, your tricks mean nothing because they know them all. There's no point at which you catch up with them, unless you become an obsessed player. That is why people leave.

In the end there's a need for the stability in the game as much as there's a need for new models and engaging rules. If we can't have stability (because Wyrd needs to make money and only new models can bring that) then at very least we need a set of rules so clear that understanding the opponent's crew isn't an impossibility.

Edited by Q'iq'el

You know, there is an easier way for people to become more familiar with the specific rules on the individual cards.

Release the cards, yo.

As far as I know, you can get the rules, for free, online.

Why can't I see all the cards of the faction models or print them out?

And if there is such a resource, why don't I know about it?

I know you can print the v2 cards, but that isn't all the cards in the game. If your group doesn't have book 1, its REALLY hard to track that down to see what the models do. That leaves you to either A) buy them in hopes they are what you want, or B) wait til someone else does and read the card when they go to play them against you.

Release the damn cards. I shouldn't have to track down 2 expensive books (and 1 that is now out of print) just to preview the card to see if it is something I want to work into my current model selection.

The hidden benefit to releasing that information would be cutting down on that very barrier to entry for the new players. At any point they can skim or deeply read the cards, then when their opponent says I'm bring Sue, you know about what he can do without slowing the game down at the start to read it yourself.

In other words, come to a club where everybody knows the game... and find out that while their crews change with every match, your tricks mean nothing because they know them all. There's no point at which you catch up with them, unless you become an obsessed player. That is why people leave.

That's a valid point: I've never played against someone who wasn't at my own experience level, so I guess I still have a bias, rose-tinted look at everything: The many times I've been completely tabled, I've been able to learn something from the game and come back next time with fresh ideas.

I guess I just don't see how refining the rules to give a more user-friendly feel would help. I come from a gaming background, and although this is an odd analogy to draw on I'll throw it in anyway:

I played Guild Wars for a while and got fed up when I wasn't getting the hang of it. One of the game mechanics was that you could only have 6, or maybe 8, skills available at a time, now this frustrated me as I was consistantly losing fights with what I thought were good skills, and that led me to quickly decide that although I had all the right tools at my disposal, I wasn't any good at using them.

I later played WoW (I still want those three years back please Azeroth) and much prefered the huge range of skills I could play around with. Sure it took me a while to get the hang of everything, but just like in Malifaux, it was easy to establish what your masters/minions main abilities are (and how they do that in a subtely different way to some other minions) but then there's room to expand on that with their other, more itricate abilities.

Releasing the cards would help only so much. You would still need to learn and remember them all, but I think it would ease the pain somewhat. I know I'd immediately print them out and add my notes to every card, so that I can quickly reference those when I face the opponent for the first time (and I own all 3 books, but the rules on some of the cards are too obsolete to warrant carrying the stuff around). I still think it would be overwhelming for newer players.

But there's really nothing diminishing to the game in having rules that can be understood intuitively at first glance. It's an issue of improving the ruleset quality, not of changing the fundaments of the game. Wyrd already has put a lot of effort in making the wording more uniform across the board. Now it is time to make the Special Rules more intuitive as well.

And when it comes to MMORPG comparison, I think it is the "defend own turf" mentality which hurts these the most and if there is any analogy to Malifaux, I feel it is in that area. Some players put immense effort into WoW or other games and they feel the advantage which can be gained from dedication should not be outweigh by new kids being better at computer games - hence the heavy investment in gear and grind.

The argument that the advantage one gets from learning all the factions and masters and all the different special rules is legitimate is in the same ballpark. All it achieves is that first-comers own the field and the new challengers have an uphill battle to join the ranks. It has nothing to do, IMHO, with how enjoyable the game is (that is to say, it can be just as enjoyable or more if it is more accessible to new players).

I find that the vast majority of the rules for Malifaux are more clearly expressed than in any other game system I've played. There are a few exceptions, but they are gradually getting fixed.

The main difference between this game and others is in the level of complexity of rules interaction. Each individual rule can be quite simple, but the difficulty is in seeing how they work together, especially at first glance. Leveticus is a good example: the mechanics that power his death-rebirth cycle are split across various rules on his and his Waifs' cards, and it really takes a few learning games to properly see how they interact. Many abilities in the game don't seem very useful until you realise how they work when combined with another model's abilities - that's where the complexity comes in. Most other games, you can get an idea of what a model can do from just its own description... you don't have to consider every other model it can possibly be fielded with (or against) to work out how best to use it.

I love the emergent complexity of rules interactions in this game, and I would hate to see it reduced. However, I can see how it's daunting for new players - I was daunted by it myself. It's very easy to fall into a situation where your experienced opponent is beating you up and down the table and you can't see any way to prevent it, especially if they're using a Book 2 Master.

My point is, I don't think making the individual rules clearer is going to help, because they're mostly already clear. It's the way they work together, across multiple models, that makes things complicated, and that's (IMO) an essential part of the game's appeal.

As a new(ish) player, who has been busy for the last few weeks demoing malifaux to everyone I can, I've got to say that the complexity is proving to be one of the biggest draws. Right up there with the cool minis and superb fluff. Most people aren't coming to malifaux as their first wargame...and those finding malifaux after playing wfb or 40k are:

1. Enjoying the levels the game offers and adds over their other games (card strategy, etc)

2. Loving rules that are much more clearly written with consistent terminology

3. Capable of understanding gaming concepts quickly

4. Loving the entry costs

5. Loving the challenge of the interactions

Malifaux is not currently a gateway game, nor should it strive to be. It has a unique feel both in terms of fluff and play, and can be enjoyed on many levels.

Hell, my 9 year old can play full games with his own guild crew well enough to challenge adult opponents after just 2-3 practise games....he won't know ll his opponents cards - but this doesn't bother him, and unless you are trying to play in an event it isn't necessary to enjoy malifaux, and win at it.

I think if Malifaux is going to have trouble drawing new players, its not going to be because of the variety of models with unique and detailed rules.

Take Warmachine/Hordes. I don't have an exact count but with current releases there are about 120 Warcasters/Warlocks available, each with their own very unique set of rules. Then there's the hundreds of available units/warjacks/warbeasts/solos/attachments across all factions, with maybe around half a dozen new entries for each of the 11(?) factions coming out each year. Granted they're not nearly as complex as a warcaster but I'd still argue that the sheer volume of rules interactions and potential combos is far in excess of what's available for Malifaux.

On top of that (and perhaps this is my inexperience with WarmaHordes coming through), but it seems to me that having a detailed knowledge of the capabilities of your opponents army and in particular their threat ranges is far more critical to your chances of winning a game than in Malifaux.

My point here is, in spite of a level of complexity that is either equal or in excess of Malifaux, Warmahordes is still a massively popular game. So if Malifaux was to ever fade into obscurity (I'd expect not), it won't be because of the games complexity.

The rules issues with Malifaux are nowhere near as terminal as MK1 Warmahordes was but nevertheless, I'm sure Malifaux will eventually see an MK2 re-release in some form similar to what Privateer Press did. In the mean time, I think the best thing that could be done would be to release some kind of Core Book/s, both to replace Malifaux Book 1 and to provide an up to date reference for all the models released to date. If I was a new player coming in right now, I know I'd find the latter in particular to be invaluble.

Back to the original topic... ;)

As has been said, the guys at Wyrd are currently happy with the Masters that are already released, which would suggest that they're not planning on doing any new Masters...at least for now. The rules would suggest the possibility of doing a second Avatar for each Master though, and I've always felt that adding extra special forces for each Faction would be an excellent approach to expanding the range while minimising the risk of introducing potentially broken combos (since only one special forces is allowed in a crew).

I find that the vast majority of the rules for Malifaux are more clearly expressed than in any other game system I've played. There are a few exceptions, but they are gradually getting fixed.

The main difference between this game and others is in the level of complexity of rules interaction.

<cut>

My point is, I don't think making the individual rules clearer is going to help, because they're mostly already clear. It's the way they work together, across multiple models, that makes things complicated, and that's (IMO) an essential part of the game's appeal.

I completely agree with your premise. It is a very valid point about synergies and interactions being the key to Malifaux.

But I do not think rules are clear enough and I do think a solid revision would make situation better. Not because the rules are hard to understand right now, but because they hide the interactions from players. The wording is not written with making the interaction obvious. I feel that if the rules referenced a set of common abilities (like scout) and modified them, players would be able to see the synergies better.

When you have a model that can give other spirit characteristic and a model with big Wk, the combo is obvious to you. When you see a Performer with Seduce and the other model is Cassandra with Understudy, the synergy is not obvious at all. Even the owners of the Showgirls Crew, who read the cards and understand the rules, sometimes fail to see it. Sure, part of the skill is finding these hidden gems, I'm not arguing that. But how high do you set the bar?

To sum up, I fully agree it's all about synergies. I think clearer and easier to understand rules make it easier to discover synergies on your own and steel up against the crew you face.

It may be that my local community is facing more potential barriers to game like Malifaux. Japanese players tend to be more time-restricted, there are very few gaming clubs and stores and people have to read the rules in a foreign language which is pretty difficult for them. In the end though, that means a lower breaking point at which the game stops being worth the effort. At the same time I think plenty of that is going on elsewhere too - just the game is on the upswing and nobody pays attention to the first quitters yet.

I sincerely hope the re-print of the Book 1 we hear about is not just a new edition of the old book, but a big all-encompasing Malifaux Manual, with all the factions, all the models and possibly on a post-it friendly paper too (otherwise my copy will be all red from ink). But that's from a position of someone with a decent (I'd hope) grasp of the game. I just need better reference materials.

Edited by Q'iq'el

In the mean time, I think the best thing that could be done would be to release some kind of Core Book/s, both to replace Malifaux Book 1 and to provide an up to date reference for all the models released to date. If I was a new player coming in right now, I know I'd find the latter in particular to be invaluble.

To be honest, I'd much prefer to see a set of up-to-date reference cards provided as PDFs on the website, like the current V2 cards for Book 1. I never really use the actual books for reference (cards are handier, and the books are often out of date) - I buy them for the fluff. Rather than having a list of changes to the cards, it would be much better to simply have every single one of the latest cards available at any time.

I know that one of the most annoying things for me when I was a new player was having no idea what the missing Book 1 options were - there was no way to get a copy of Book 1 (it took me about two months to find one for an affordable price on eBay) and they weren't in the V2 cards. I certainly wasn't going to go and buy the models just so that I could find out what my opponents might be using. If a proper reference was provided, new players would at least be able to see what was available and how it might work for (or against) their crew.

I know that one of the most annoying things for me when I was a new player was having no idea what the missing Book 1 options were .........If a proper reference was provided, new players would at least be able to see what was available and how it might work for (or against) their crew.

This, absolutely positively this!

We really need to get the book 1 model's cards/stats available somewhere. It shouldn't be up to players to lend Book 1 to people just to try and get them into the game...

Edited by Ausplosions

But you can still give names to abilities but the abilities effects should be the same. For example, as has been said before, currently Rotten Belles have the Shambling trait, which does exactly the same thing as Scout. Witchling stalkers just have the Scout ability.

It would make much more sense from a rules perspective if the respective cards read something like this:

Rotten Belle

Shambling: This model possesses the Scout ability.

Witchling Stalker

Night Eyes: This model possesses the Scout ability.

You can still give a characterful reason for why the model possesses the rule without having to make 10 different names for the same ability.

But you can still give names to abilities but the abilities effects should be the same. For example, as has been said before, currently Rotten Belles have the Shambling trait, which does exactly the same thing as Scout. Witchling stalkers just have the Scout ability.

It would make much more sense from a rules perspective if the respective cards read something like this:

Rotten Belle

Shambling: This model possesses the Scout ability.

Witchling Stalker

Night Eyes: This model possesses the Scout ability.

You can still give a characterful reason for why the model possesses the rule without having to make 10 different names for the same ability.

True, and I think this is a good solution, assuming these universal rules are a good thing.

Are they really going to make it easier for new players? Yes, in one way, Universal special rules, model attach rules, whatever you call them are good because a player can read through them and be familiar with the abilities.

But on the other hand, looking at a card that then says "Look at the rulebook" just annoys me.

Regardless, this thread is not about malifaux 2.0, that warrants its own thread. This thread is for discussing new master ideas, like the very cool aracanist al copone gangster one mentionned a while back.

Wasn't pullmyfinger the solution to this it allows you to get the up to date rules and revisions... I like the complexity of the game the rules each have character with the names fitting the culture of the master.

First of all community is clearly not big enough to maintain a site like PullmyFinger fully. Most popular builds and masters are there, but many rare choices have no articles at all. Secondly some articles have errors in them. It isn't a serious issue, but it means you need to know the rules and understand the game pretty well before you start using PMF for your reference.

Then there is the issue of mistaken combos and omissions. The first is the case where someone puts his newest invention into the PMF article, without first checking on the forums if it is even legal (not very often). The second is an article on a minion or master where the author simply didn't research the subject and clearly lacks the experience, so he simply omits uses which are obvious to more experienced players. These problems are not very prevalent, but they can make the site a rather problematic guide when you want to learn the inner workings of a crew you've never faced before.

In other words it isn't a very good learning help just yet. It is an absolutely excellent idea though and probably the only way to introduce new players to the entire world of Malifaux synergies and interactions. In fact, if you want to start a new master, you should first check the minion recommendation on PullMyFinger and only after that look at the official Books. You just have to keep in mind to verify the information.

Then there is the practical issue of not being able to read about the opponent models directly before or during the game. Even if you have iPad or a smartphone it simply takes too much time to access the site. This is practical limitation which could be resolved by creation of native apps for such platforms, but first you'd need the contents to be reasonably complete (and permission from Wyrd, I guess).

And before someone accuses me of criticizing the effort of others, I try to contribute to PMF as much as I can and I do believe it is one of the best ideas the community had. I just don't have experience wide enough to go around and fix all the errors I find. There are players who make continuous and very insightful contributions here - if you go check discussions on PMF, you'll quickly learn who is doing the most work for the community and providing the high quality entries. Perhaps Wyrd could do something to make the effort go even more smoothly?

How about an LE mini award, once a year during Gencon, for the best PMF article (and no other way to get it ever)? We could call it "Malifaux Academy Governors". Made of pure Soulstone. Everyone who had ever received it has vanished in mysterious circumstances and the rumor has it the Statue the Guild handed over every year to the winner was always the same statue!.

And before someone accuses me of criticizing the effort of others, I try to contribute to PMF as much as I can and I do believe it is one of the best ideas the community had. I just don't have experience wide enough to go around and fix all the errors I find. There are players who make continuous and very insightful contributions here - if you go check discussions on PMF, you'll quickly learn who is doing the most work for the community and providing the high quality entries. Perhaps Wyrd could do something to make the effort go even more smoothly?

How about an LE mini award, once a year during Gencon, for the best PMF article (and no other way to get it ever)? We could call it "Malifaux Academy Governors". Made of pure Soulstone. Everyone who had ever received it has vanished in mysterious circumstances and the rumor has it the Statue the Guild handed over every year to the winner was always the same statue!.

The only problem with this is that the Wiki format allows anyone to contribute or alter the articles after the initial entry, so crediting one particular contributor would be difficult at best.

I do agree that PullMyFinger is a great idea, though definately a lot of work (and yes I still owe it a few articles myself)

The only problem with this is that the Wiki format allows anyone to contribute or alter the articles after the initial entry, so crediting one particular contributor would be difficult at best.

True, true. Perhaps there's no need to be that restrictive with the reward and give it jointly to everyone who contributed to the final version of the rewarded article?

To the original topic:

I would like to see a new list of masters/henchmen. This only brings more combos, crew lists and game experiences.

I like the Guild Businessman idea. Perhaps the list of spells/actions can be:

Bribe - Discard Soulstone. Target Enemy model is affected by Obey but can perform 2 AP in a single activation OR 1 AP for 2 Activations

Lay Off - Target model is sacrificed. This model heals 1 Wd for every 2 ss towards the cost of the sacrificed model.

Reorganize - Target model gains either significant or insignificant traits. Controller's choice.

That would be nice.. LOL

for the other topic:

I do not mind if Wyrd develops and introduces more models/minions as long as the actual models come out within 6 months of the release of the books/previews. I started gaming with Infinity and unfortunately, they take a long time to release models for the game. There are actual models from book 1 that are not out yet! So frustrating... so our games basically became proxy wonderland.

As for the rules, I agree. The rules can be written tighter and less confusing. We have to remember that Wyrd is relatively new compared to PP and GW. So the rules' wordy may not be as tight as say, PP's MK II rule book. Malifaux's book 1 lost me and until I played a test game (with a crew I already bought... Lady J was just that great of a mini), I then realized that Malifaux a good enough game to commit time and money too.

As for abilities/spells/traits nomenclature (naming), I would like Wyrd to keep the names faction/fluff specific... I like it that the Belle's scout ability is called Shambling.. because as undead minions, they should be shambling not scouts. Another example we can find in WarmaHordes... Snipe and Chain Lightning are signature Cygnar spells. Imagine my surprise when pKrueger of Circle has Chain Lightning as part of his spell list meanwhile a Skorne Warbeast has a snipe-like animus but this time it was called Far Strike. These 2 examples are perfect. I preferred a different name for the same effect because the name would be part of the theme of the faction. pKrueger's chain lightning spell could have been called Lightning Dance or some forest dweller naming theme.

Basically, have a full set of abilities and spells in a quick reference book and then have overlapping ability and spell effects just refer to the book but keep the character/fluff specific names.

Misc: Book 1 should be re-released. remove the rules part. Keep the fluff and include the v2 version of the character cards. The mini-rule book should be updated with the bury errata among other things. In as much as I like all the cards be available (either paid or free), I think the books would do the trick. No need for faction deck ala PP. Perhaps, an app on can buy would carry all the card stats or just re-release the books w/o the rules and just have the fluff and character stats. Either way, I would like to have an easy way to at least proxy a model before I commit to buying the minion. The lack of book 1 have forced me to avoid the book 1 totems and other minions.

one more thing: PullMyFinger was (is) very helpful for me in picking out my faction (Guild) and first Master (Lady J). Now, if only more people would update the entries for some Minions.

extra: The best way to learn the rules or get in the game is to PLAY the game. I'm relatively new and I just won my first Encounter (after losing my 1st 6 Encounters) and even my losses were fun learning experiences (except the 4 model reconnoiter strategy).

If there's a realistic request I ask from Wyrd is to release MORE Strategies and Schemes!

I too would very much like all the cards to be released. I'm glad I did a little research, or I'd have picked up the Stuffed Piglets *without* a Taxidermist, and you all know just how useful that is ....

We have the third book, but haven't been able to find a copy of either book 1 or book 2 locally, and haven't had the time and energy to go hunting for copies online. (That, and I'd rather give the money to my FLGS, anyway ... )

I'd pay money for a PDF with all the cards, PDFs of the books, or an app with all the cards. I'm not particular, but it's a real hindrance to a newcomer to not even know what models their chosen Master can play with, or what models require other models!

I think they need to fill in masters for some of the minion themes that dont have them. Such as they need an outcast master for the Thunder Brothers and Misaki. And we need some kind of master thats more themed with the silurids for neverborn. Though if they brought them as henchmen i dont think that would be an issue either. Not so sure what would be good for the other factions as much though i know ive had ideas so ill be sure to bring them here when i get them.

*edit* I remember the other thing i thought was missing. I think guild needs a "cowboy" or sheriff, I know Lady Justice is kinda in this spot but, i think being able to run sue, and the pale rider and the death marshalls would be sweet with a leader that seemed to fit the look more.

As for the off topic topic. Maybe what would be helpful is periodically releasing condensed sourcebooks. They released the condenced rulebook. If they were to release a book with all the current cards with their updates that would be really helpful. Then in another year if there hasnt been enough changes to warrant one or the other maybe put out a fluff compendium... kinda rotate that way. I am still trying to figure out a way to get my 2 guardian cards without spending $10 on shipping so i can actually play the ones i converted for levi from necropunks.

Edited by Dreygan

I think they need to fill in masters for some of the minion themes that dont have them. Such as they need an outcast master for the Thunder Brothers and Misaki. And we need some kind of master thats more themed with the silurids for neverborn. Though if they brought them as henchmen i dont think that would be an issue either.

I wouldn't be surprised if both of these show up in the next book. And of course I would love to see more Gremlins (badly mimicing the other crews).

*edit* I remember the other thing i thought was missing. I think guild needs a "cowboy" or sheriff, I know Lady Justice is kinda in this spot but, i think being able to run sue, and the pale rider and the death marshalls would be sweet with a leader that seemed to fit the look more.

O.

M.

G.

I don't even play guild, and if Wyrd came up with a master loosely based on Clint Eastwood's "Man with no name" character in the best spaghetti western trilogy EVER.... I might just have to start.

Holy crap, I'm all excited now.

PLEASE WYRD! DO IT!

I get Pale Rider is kinda the Clint copy after the movie of the same name but damn man. A master would be awesome.

I need to go take a cold shower and watch some spaghetti westerns now.